Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Users who are viewing this thread

I could only add a poll if I had started this thread.
Ppl can vote on a poll without adding a reply comment also :smile:

gore as a turnoff mode would be nice...but I am sure you all noticed that there are times when you are charging your horse into a group or so of soldiers and you hit one square in the face for 40 damage and he just falls down only to get up again...yeah...

Glad I searched and found this thread, as I've been thinking the last couple days, 'twould be glorious would heads roll in this game :twisted: Not that I'm into blood and gore per se; one of my characters has simply developed a real knack for cuts to the neck with her balanced great axe, and by all rights she should be making hundreds of denars selling polo balls :lol:

so? it will be possible to have fieldrollingheads or not? :???:

don't take me for a psycho maniac...but i like the ideaaaa.. :razz:

I don't know if you guys have played Postal 2 , but you can hit someone with a shovle until their head comes off and then kick it like a soccer ball down the street.Not that that would go in this game.This thread just made me think of it.

Kamamura said:
Removable limbs! What a brilliant idea!

Basically, you would have 4 slots (2 for arms and 2 for legs) and you could remove your original limbs and replace them with prosthetics of your choice! A kind of medieval cyber-implants!

For example, consider this setup:
Left arm: Rusty hook
Right arm: Auto-rotating morning star
Left leg: Huge, double-bladed axe
Right leg: Wooden peg-leg (blunt weapon for taking prisoners)

And you would have 4 attack buttons (one for each limb) in a Tekken style, chaining wild combos! In action, you would resemble a rotating shelf in a hardware store!

Hey, it's even better than fighting with two swords, even more realistic! You could attack from 4 direction simultaneously, totally unblockable!
haha just have say it, every time i read this post, it makes me laugh!

edit: and oh yeah, i'd like some more gore too.

Definetely agree that severed limbs would make it more fun. Best part of Jedi Knight 1 and 2 was slicing bits off.

How about turning an enemy into a million pieces with single blow from a sword of war(like the rocket launcher in QuakeIII). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Actually, slicing one's head in two parts vertically with a battle axe would be quite cool.

AYE, GORE! And I want an option to cut off a prisoner's ears, steak 'em and feed them to their former owner. BWA HA HA, poor river pirates :twisted:

What I would like to see is blood spatter on your own character when in battle. You would look more 'war-torn' if that's a word I could describe. It would be like football players after a game. All dirty and bleeding from a few scratches. Also, on body parts: I would think it would be possible to show an arm or head coming off if it was the killing blow. It would be cool to see an enemies head fly off while you passed him by on your battle steed after swing and axe. :twisted: Could also affect morale of the enemy. Just some thoughts.

Raed

Dismemberment/Gore We will be adding some more gore to the game some time. (Not so much to make it distasteful I hope)

Sorry if this has been mentioned in other threads, I'm too caught up in the game to memorize the entire forum.
But, with dimsemberment, if an enemy (or ally) gets dismembered, how about he gets panic, decided upon his loyalty and/or his other stats, and if panic is induced, he/she drops his arms, and runs away, and needing triple amount of time to heal up if he leaves the battle alive.

Also; farmers, refugees, and other bystanders walking around on the battlefield, and if one of the fighting sides gives off much respect (commanding a big army, or having some other impressing thing) the bystanders pick up arms, and join the battle. perhaps even only picking up arms if a solider has dropped his due to panic, death, hostage situations, or other events.

Fippmeister said:
Dismemberment/Gore We will be adding some more gore to the game some time. (Not so much to make it distasteful I hope)
the bystanders pick up arms, and join the battle. perhaps even only picking up arms if a solider has dropped his due to panic, death, hostage situations, or other events.

Was that a pun? "The bystanders pick up arms"

Fippmeister said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned in other threads, I'm too caught up in the game to memorize the entire forum.
But, with dimsemberment, if an enemy (or ally) gets dismembered, how about he gets panic, decided upon his loyalty and/or his other stats, and if panic is induced, he/she drops his arms, and runs away, and needing triple amount of time to heal up if he leaves the battle alive.

Also; farmers, refugees, and other bystanders walking around on the battlefield, and if one of the fighting sides gives off much respect (commanding a big army, or having some other impressing thing) the bystanders pick up arms, and join the battle. perhaps even only picking up arms if a solider has dropped his due to panic, death, hostage situations, or other events.

AHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO! that really made my day :grin:

oh yeah, and please for cutting heads off and added names to them...and shelves for heads.......mmm

Was that a pun? "The bystanders pick up arms"

wow, I'm funny.  Actually, pun unintended. Guess this goes to mye theory of the nonexcistense of intentional comedians. Anyways, no, the picking up arms, and calling to arms and all that was meant to be weapons.  Real weapons, that is, not arms arms.

I would love to see a ragdoll phyics system like in silent storm which included removable limbs.

The only problem with it is that I think it would be tons and tons of work.  I think just having heads come off would not be too bad, though.

Fippmeister said:

Um...Dismemberment should pretty much only happen on a knockout blow. If you lose a major part of your body, you are going down, either from shock, or whatever. It should also be pretty damn rare, as it requires a lot of force, and near perfect location of a blow. Troops who suffer a loss like this will very likely die afterwards anyway - but in the off chance that they manage to survive, they'll probably become retired troops.

I am completely against removeable limbs, especially the head.  The wrist could possibly be taken off by a good chop, but a clean dismemberment is something entirely from movies.  Medieval executioners often botched it, even with blades weighted for the purpose, a victim held immobile, and time to aim specifically for the gaps between vertebrae.  If you miss those crucial spots, then it really is not possible to take off a head.  This clean dismemberment, with limbs just falling off, is not possible.

So, I am against it, as it would be so rare as to be ridiculous.  The time spent coding it should be better spent somewhere else.

Merentha said:
I am completely against removeable limbs, especially the head.  The wrist could possibly be taken off by a good chop, but a clean dismemberment is something entirely from movies.  Medieval executioners often botched it, even with blades weighted for the purpose, a victim held immobile, and time to aim specifically for the gaps between vertebrae.  If you miss those crucial spots, then it really is not possible to take off a head.  This clean dismemberment, with limbs just falling off, is not possible.

So, I am against it, as it would be so rare as to be ridiculous.  The time spent coding it should be better spent somewhere else.

Actually, the headsman's axe was intentionally kind of blunt in order to make it a painful experience; it usually took a few chops to sever the spine and then they used the knife.

On something like this realism does not always equate to fun - it might be interesting to see half decapitated limbs squirting blood, though.

Back
Top Bottom