B Other [OSP][Anim] Animation Variety Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Such an awesome work you've done with this ! :eek: Do you think the pikemen animations would be compatible with a mod as Rome at War whose units are mainly hoplites and phalangists ? I am tempted by those animations but I also wonder if they really suit the period  :neutral:

jacobhinds said:
I've had some trouble with the cavalry animations and i'm hoping to fix it once i've finished my exams. if you want, I'll release them early without those, and then post the cavalry animations when they're done.

Yeah, I won't mind if you released a pike pack and a sword pack and later a horse anim pack. In the end, you could combine them all. Or simply just release the finished animations, they look really good. :grin:

What do you mean by discriminates in this sentence : "the following text discriminates against mods where most troops have shields" ?

What will it cause to this kind of mod ?

It was kind of a joke based on the number of sword/shield mods around. Unless you have a lot of shieldless swordsmen/pikemen, most of the animations won't turn up very often, if at all. I might change the shield animations but there are a lot of them, and it's not a priority for me.

Harada said:
Ok, thanks for the answer. I hoped it could work with phalangists and hoplites to make them hold their sarrissas and spears upright  :sad:

this

jacobhinds said:
I might change the shield animations but there are a lot of them, and it's not a priority for me.

:cry:

however it's not about the style of fighting but only the way soldiers will behave like running and standing. if not, I'd really like to see what could you do for an excellent mod shield/polearm  or pyke style  :cool:

Main problem is that animation wise for movements and stances all the one handed weapons use the same ones and you can't change that, so you have one handed spears using the same animations as swords/axes/daggers.
7WJ3J.jpg

ZDXL4.jpg
It's quite cool for spears and pikes.

hlJlE.jpg
Okay-ish with longswords but a bit silly for daggers/short swords. These are some of the little things with Warband that I dislike, we can't make two separate fighting styles, it's either you keep one or merge both.

Exactly. Hopefully it won't be as restricted in Bannerlord, it is after all going to be ''easier to mod'' so I remain pretty hopeful to seeing a few great animation mods for it.

OnT: The pike formations now actually look beautiful, jacobhinds, nice work. Sadly I don't play a lot of mods where pikes are constantly present in battles. :/

heyy, can anyone tell me how to do insert this animation to any modules? >.<
I know it's not easy as copy and paste things.. but I tried to follow tutorials about adding animation with openbrf, python and stuff but it ends with an "unexpected end file of action.txt" (?)
Please let me know if anyone want to help me :mrgreen:

KhivalrousBear said:
heyy, can anyone tell me how to do insert this animation to any modules? >.<
I know it's not easy as copy and paste things.. but I tried to follow tutorials about adding animation with openbrf, python and stuff but it ends with an "unexpected end file of action.txt" (?)
Please let me know if anyone want to help me :mrgreen:

You need the module system source files for a mod, but the likelyhood is that the mod makers didn't release them. I suppose i could show which lines in action.txt to change, but even then it'd be a risky business because I'm not entirely sure how the .txt files work.

Depending on what you've done, it's likely that you've overwritten your game files and will either have to reinstall the mod, or replace the .txt files.

jacobhinds said:
KhivalrousBear said:

You need the module system source files for a mod, but the likelyhood is that the mod makers didn't release them. I suppose i could show which lines in action.txt to change, but even then it'd be a risky business because I'm not entirely sure how the .txt files work.

Depending on what you've done, it's likely that you've overwritten your game files and will either have to reinstall the mod, or replace the .txt files.
may i explain you what i did.

WkfReo5.png
First, i of course downloaded your files..
kgL59SW.png
Second, i copied your files to a module.. for this i use gekokujo
C56Ji9c.png
Third, i inserted your python animation file to the action.txt . BUT, not to mention that i have used openBRF to split the animation of skeleton.brf into action.txt and edited module.cfg to load the mod (your animation) resource.. So what did i do wrong?  :???:
I thought it'll make me a day now  :mrgreen:

Seek n Destroy said:
Main problem is that animation wise for movements and stances all the one handed weapons use the same ones and you can't change that, so you have one handed spears using the same animations as swords/axes/daggers.
7WJ3J.jpg

ZDXL4.jpg
It's quite cool for spears and pikes.

hlJlE.jpg
Okay-ish with longswords but a bit silly for daggers/short swords. These are some of the little things with Warband that I dislike, we can't make two separate fighting styles, it's either you keep one or merge both.

the standing position really befits the hoplite Seek though... What a shame!  :cry:

*puts on condescending professor glasses*
Judging by the file paths in the second image i think you might have put the .brf files straight into the gekokujo base folder, when instead they should be in the resource filder. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's also no need for you to split up the animations or anything. Only time you need to use that is when you're editing the monstrous "anim_human", after which you return it to normal.

Also python module system files are incompatible with .txt files. You can't drag code from one to another - and they can't be converted without compiling every single module system file in one go. hence why i was worried that you'd accidentally overwritten your mod with the module system, which starts off as native if it's not edited.
All that's needed is to replace actions.txt with your backup, if you made one. If not, you might have to reinstall the mod.

When gekokujo's done however I'll make a minimod for it, along with a few optional tweaks. Phlpp is releasing the source files for that and it'd save the pain of editing .txt files.

Or you can always add the codes to the native module system, compile it, get the compiled text entries and use them to overwrite those of the mod you wish to add the animations to. Efrem, I didn't say I didn't like or that I won't use them, I really like it but Warband has some annoying limitations with the animations, making several weapon types share same sets of animations and there is nothing you can do to separate them, as far as I know. Bow, sword and spear running animation is the same for example.

Back
Top Bottom