Bans/mutes/warnings discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was warned for replying in kind in a thread where multiple forumites were constantly posting generalitations that Greek people are greedy, thieves and liars and that my country is a ****hole that should be invaded/conquered/divided or whatever.  :roll:

TheLoneWolf1 said:
So I was warned for replying in kind in a thread where multiple forumites were constantly posting generalitations that Greek people are greedy, thieves and liars and that my country is a ****hole that should be invaded/conquered/divided or whatever.  :roll:

But Greece is a ****hole.
Source: Wellenbrecher.

Well, Greece IS a ****hole, that I think is quite evident. Still, making generalizations and display racist attitude and in some cases obvious hatred is against this forum's rules, right?  :???:

In any direction those fly.

TheLoneWolf1 said:

Contrary to popular belief, moderators do not spend every waking moment of their time trawling through threads to look for reasons to warn people. I, in particular, delight in pretending that every part of the forum except the five or six threads that I follow, do not actually exist, and in particular I steer well clear of politics and debates in threads because they tend to be filled with people who think that everybody else actually cares about their opinion.

You, however, called somebody a piece of **** and got reported for it. Unfortunately, I do have to respond to reported posts, that's my job. If you don't want to be warned, don't call liken people to fecal matter.

And when if you absolutely must post in such threads, ask yourself this; how many people in those threads actually have the power to affect your country in any way, shape or form? I can tell you now; it's zero. The worst they can do is not take a holiday in your country or whatever. So why get worked up about it?

No I don't think it was you Wellen, I've called you names numerous times and so have you without any warnings to display. We may disagree on things but at least on my part I don't hold any grudges or have anything against you as an individual.

In fact I know that it was MadVader that reported me and I don't mind because it proves what I said got under his skin, which was my purpose. I have my issues though with the moderation and in specific with Pharaoh X Llandy because she could have at least checked MadVader's post where he says that he hopes that the NATO and Turkey invades my country.  Misanthropic piece of **** is a rather small insult for such a polemic remark which in my opinion borders racism.

If I said Germany or Italy is a country of fascists (which I do not believe and ofcourse isn't true), how would it affect these countries in any way, shape or form? Zero. But I would still be warned for making a racist generalisation. Therefore is it okay for people making such generalisations for Greece just because we have economical problems?

TheLoneWolf1 said:
he says that he hopes that the NATO and Turkey invades my country.  Misanthropic piece of **** is a rather small insult for such a polemic remark which in my opinion borders racism.
Race is not at all mentioned. Thus no racism. You are not mentioned. Thus no insult. Plus it is a joke. Believe it or not, VadMader is a pretty decent fella most of the time.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Blah blah blah.
STFU and get back to making money dude.
I disapprove, if only for the reason that it made me spurt out some of the quality wine i was enjoying.

TheLoneWolf1 said:
Hey inhibited dude that I don't know what the **** your problem is, go **** yourself.
Not a good idea to post this.  :lol:

TheLoneWolf1 said:
In fact I know that it was MadVader that reported me and I don't mind because it proves what I said got under his skin, which was my purpose.

So you admit to trolling him?

I have my issues though with the moderation and in specific with Pharaoh X Llandy because she could have at least checked MadVader's post where he says that he hopes that the NATO and Turkey invades my country.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that MadVader wasn't being entirely serious. Was he being mature? No. But he didn't call you a piece of ****.

If I said Germany or Italy is a country of fascists (which I do not believe and ofcourse isn't true), how would it affect these countries in any way, shape or form? Zero. But I would still be warned for making a racist generalisation.

Depends on if anybody reported you.

Did you report MadVader's comment? Why are you only now complaining about MadVader's comment when you have been warned for your overly aggressive response to him?

In case anybody wants to know, LoneWolf1 muted for:

TheLoneWolf1 said:
Hey inhibited dude that I don't know what the **** your problem is, go **** yourself.

anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom