Author Topic: [WB][S] The Sword And The Axe  (Read 195064 times)

Scuba Steve

• Master Knight
  • Jinshi 進士
    • View Profile
    • My website that hosts some San Guo Zhi biographies and useful links for Chinese history
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Reginald_Clarke
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Re: [WB][S] The Sword And The Axe
« Reply #690 on: August 12, 2019, 04:04:33 AM »
I made a submod for this, changed item weights based on inspiration from Vikingr, and edited some stats and did some module.ini tweaks as well. Also changed some animations.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sword-and-the-axe-hardcore-submod-52

Obviously, you'll need 5.2 first before installing this.
(Formerly Thegn Ansgar)
Trust no-one, wear shoes with reversed footprints, and never sit away from an entrance. Windows count as an entrance.

Hardcore Submod for The Sword and the Axe 5.2
My forum (a general history board): The History Room
What date do you find more interesting (in regards to China)? Here

Cyprian2

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #691 on: October 16, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »
First I'd like to say that I love, love this mod. Yes, it sacrifices pure "historicity" in favour of gameplay. But, man, is it ever playable! Once you've hacked the face face off a Frank, or split the Skull of a Dane, you can never go back.  :twisted:

I really enjoy the way that travel is relatively quick: no more failing quests because it takes two weeks to cross the campaign map! Armors and weapons are interesting and varied enough to accommodate many play-styles, though hack n' slash + throwing weapon seems the most rewarding. In fact, since I usually avoid power-throw altogether in mods, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun skewering enemies with javelins!

Now for the problem... Many settlements are unsiegeable due to a CTD that occurs at the battle's opening. This wouldn't be so bad if the siege auto-resolve wasn't so heavily weighted against the attacker, which makes it nearly impossible for the player to take these settlements.

This mod is truly a gem. I know Antonis has expressed that he is stepping back from public releases, but I hope this issue can be addressed in a future build. A save-game compatible patch would be even better!  8-)

Antonis

• Marquis
  • Who's your daddy?
    • Steam - robespieros92
    • YouTube - Wilbur Whateley
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #692 on: October 16, 2019, 04:48:48 PM »
Hi, I am very glad you like the mod! If you want, head over to Discord, we are quite active there, with the latest announcements, bug reports and such. Now, the siege bug is (sadly) known to me. I use Brytenwalda's scenes, which use a different siege model. I am still looking for someone with knowledge of scene making, to fix those scenes.