SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks guys, of course I'll be around. If anything, to keep an eye for great mods.  :wink:
Also changelog added and main post updated, with new link and Credits.

Well, I hate to be the first to point out a problem, but the dialogs seem to be messed up a bit. I had a companion complaining about sending Runa out to gather support when I sent Matheld. Again, someone complained about Dagstyar when they meant Rylee.

It's not a huge thing, but it makes keeping certain companions happy way more of a challenge! :wink:

Oh. I'll take a look. I thought I had taken care of companion dialogs. If it's the case, I'll upload the corrected file. Fortunately, it's just a little file.

Okay, that's weird. In the files, everyone has their 'lines' correctly.  :neutral:
Did you start a new game? I should have mentioned, the new edition is NOT save game compatible.

The AI has some weird issues. They'll send one single individual to charge, then stand in a line at the other end of the battlefield. They'll hold this line religiously, even while your men are charging and killing them. They won't even try to swarm and attack back.

Also, arrow speed seems exceptionally fast.

Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum said:
Oh. I'll take a look. I thought I had taken care of companion dialogs. If it's the case, I'll upload the corrected file. Fortunately, it's just a little file.

Okay, that's weird. In the files, everyone has their 'lines' correctly.  :neutral:
Did you start a new game? I should have mentioned, the new edition is NOT save game compatible.

OK. I made a brand new folder, so it's all new. I'll try re-downloading and installing again. Thanks for looking at it.

Re-downloaded, tested archive, installed to brand new folder. Brand new game.
After a combat:
Amunet says, "Captain, that girl Aldulf is much too young to be traveling with our company. ... I know what happens to female prisoners."
Aldulf is male! :shock:

Now, I did find my previous saves available, but I deleted them all. At this point, I don't know what I've missed, but I'm open to suggestions. :???:

Ah, this must be a typo, then. English not being my native language, I didn't find that(and probably others), as much as I looked for errors. I will 'scan' the files again. My apologies.

My pleasure!  :smile:
I'm having the same issues as Scuba Steve. Is there a quick way to disable special formations like shield wall of wedge? I I think that's what causing the AI to act weird.
Scuba Steve said:
The AI has some weird issues. They'll send one single individual to charge, then stand in a line at the other end of the battlefield. They'll hold this line religiously, even while your men are charging and killing them. They won't even try to swarm and attack back.

Also, arrow speed seems exceptionally fast.
I don't mind arrow speed. But is there a way to quickly fix this since it makes the mod really easy when fighting against cav archers or foot archers. BTW you made a great job choosing the music.

Edit: I'm going to set advanced formations to 0 just to see if that has any effect, will report results later.

Edit 2: Nope, didn't work.

Well, you can charge right in. Your formations are disabled with that. As for the enemy, no, the formations are always enabled, unless they, too, charge. As for the arrow speed, I set it to a point I liked. It is easy to change to any desired value; grab an item editor, go to the arrow category of the items and just change the speed. Easy as that.  :smile:

Well, you can charge right in. Your formations are disabled with that. As for the enemy, no, the formations are always enabled, unless they, too, charge. As for the arrow speed, I set it to a point I liked. It is easy to change to any desired value; grab an item editor, go to the arrow category of the items and just change the speed. Easy as that.  :smile:
I know, I'm familiar with those formations but for some reason the enemy only charges his melee troops. archers stand ground at spawn not moving and only shooting if there's enemy troops in sight. Even if the player and other troops start attacking.

Heh, well. I retired from public modding, so for the moment, no 5.2 version(I don't want to tease, but it is pretty much ready in my PC). I will continue some of my mods in the future, this being one of them, but currently, I just don't feel like publicly releasing stuff.

As I mentioned, there's a semi-finished version(well, it's more of a 70% done) in my PC. There's a fix and rework of the formations, a couple minor script additions/corrections, new scenes(all interior scenes and most of the towns and castle exteriors) and such. Some graphical updates, new skyboxes etc.

To be honest, I never considered perma-killing lords and such, I like most of those buggers the way they are. Family rising, sounds intriguing, what do you mean?

Like in Age of Arthur,you get married - have a son - he can be your companion...and take over your kingdom when you die...but as you say you will not add perma-death so this go off too...
Btw i want to try this mod,which version you recomend me ?

Back
Top Bottom