Baltic withdraws

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to do so, but after talking to my fellow members, we agreed on a possibility to withdraw from the tournament and grant the USA their well earned default win. I heard in Horse & Sword that Folms told everyone that we are not taking it serious, on the contrary, we hold trainings with others teams and also do them within the clan, but since we found out that we'd have to play USA it started to go out of hand.

Immediately the opponent captain told me that he wants to play in Unicorn and UK servers, I told him that we will not play in UK because that would put Baltic under a disadvantage over ping. Folms had us make screenshots and the footage provided by both captains proved my words, so it was decided that the match would take on in Unicorn and NC_Germany. We also had the date and time sorted out - Saturday 19:00 GMT. The average ping throughout the match in Unicorn/German was found to be 110,5 vs 109. NOT ENOUGH BALANCE FOR THE USA?

Folms said:
Match will be played on Unicorn_Penthouse and NC_Germany, no objections.

Two days later, a day before the match, I get a message from Folms, which says that there's a French server available and gives the captains an offer.

Folms said:
If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.

Since the French server is practically the same as a UK one, I told him that I do not agree/like it. Then it turns into a demand, Zero out of nowhere books a French server, Mr.X gets involved in our PM conversations and makes decisions useful to his own nation. And Folms, the person responsible for our conversations doesn't give a **** and nobody consults with the Baltic, discussions are being made between the USA captain and Folms, Mr.X behind my back and then decisions are being made. They barely share any information with me expect that we have no choice but to play in France. 7 hours prior the match, Folms officially tells everyone that the server will be a French one, not German.

When I try to reason with Folms, I just hit a brick wall... This is how he does his administrating (I'm a bit frustrated from this happening for the whole week):

13:36 - Folms: That's not going to happen
13:36 - Osvaldon: I am a representative of the Baltic team
13:36 - Osvaldon: Do your ****ing job
13:36 - Folms: Folms: Unicorn/France is what is your getting
13:36 - Folms: I just did my job.

13:36 - Osvaldon: Why can't you act normal for once?
13:37 - Osvaldon: Officially the admin team accepts all opinions, but only gives a **** of what USA has to say, is that correct?
13:37 - Folms: Folms: Unicorn/France is what is your getting
13:37 - Osvaldon: I saw that, but you never give a logical answer
13:37 - Folms: Folms: Unicorn/France is what is your getting
13:37 - Osvaldon: Why can't we have a normal discussion?
13:38 - Folms: Folms: Unicorn/France is what is your getting

We will have a final decision before the match.

I would really love to hear the story from the other side as well, because I do not believe this to be the full story. It would also be nice, if you could post the screens showing the pings of your members on the different servers.

Still if this is truthful, it is quite saddening at best.

Osviux said:
I heard in Horse & Sword that Folms told everyone that we are not taking it serious, on the contrary, we hold trainings with others teams and also do them within the clan
I really would like you to provide evidence for you accusation, because at the moment you are stating utter crap.

Osviux said:
Folms said:
Match will be played on Unicorn_Penthouse and NC_Germany, no objections.

Two days later, a day before the match, I get a message from Folms, which says that there's a French server available and gives the captains an offer.

Folms said:
If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.
You're saying it like you weren't explain the situation. I'm not sure to why that is. I have personally explained to you and so did X to as why you were asked to test the French server, however due to your disrespect and ignorance you dismissed our decisions. This is a quote from Mr. X telling why we have decided to make you test the French server:
Mr.X said:
Mr.X said:
Hokay.

I'd like to start this by quoting the rule thread:

Alright, considering the fact I was able to get you guys a French server that will likely be better than German. If you just want to test out your pings and see how it goes then let me know. If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.
The date is 30th of January UK time, which is 31st January just after midnight your time. You had the whole Friday. You also had a training match vs Hellas on a Friday and couldn't bother to check TaleWorlds for any important updates and failed to get your team to test the French server. Then when Snow informed you of the precedence of the French server you suddenly adopted a mentality of Baltic not being able to play.

Above all, I will consult my other admins and it may be the case of removing you from the tournament manually.

Why do they have to test French server when the ping equalled so close on Germany and unicorn, it wouldn't make a difference most likely or it would favor the American team a lot more. I'm not sure I like your decisions.

Shemaforash said:
Why do they have to test French server when the ping equalled so close on Germany and unicorn, it wouldn't make a difference most likely or it would favor the American team a lot more. I'm not sure I like your decisions.
EEDB00EFA0BB142D7FC7BA25CE5FAD6BB3E21087
Team USA players with over 140 ping on German Server :
Zero - 167
Lagalot - 204
Unicorn - 193
Beer - 168
Troubadour - 173
Calamity - 143
PPK157 - 182

Total players over 140 ping on German server : 7

iug1.jpg
Team Baltic players with over 140 on East Coast server :
Arvydas - 213
Cryptic - 152
Vakarel - 196

Total players over 140 ping on East coast server : 3

It's a shame that some good players wouldn't be able to play for the Baltic team. As far as I know, the average ping difference between German and French servers is around 10 for the Baltics so it wouldnt make any difference basically. I'd recommend admins not to accept this deliberate decision of quiting the tournament and rather try and talk with some of the members of the team in order to name a new captain who would cooperate more. Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom