Author Topic: Baltic withdraws  (Read 1637 times)

Osvaldon

• On probation
    • Steam - Osvaldonlt
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Osvaldon
  • WBWF&SNWM&BVC
Baltic withdraws
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:01:24 PM »
I'm sorry to do so, but after talking to my fellow members, we agreed on a possibility to withdraw from the tournament and grant the USA their well earned default win. I heard in Horse & Sword that Folms told everyone that we are not taking it serious, on the contrary, we hold trainings with others teams and also do them within the clan, but since we found out that we'd have to play USA it started to go out of hand.

Immediately the opponent captain told me that he wants to play in Unicorn and UK servers, I told him that we will not play in UK because that would put Baltic under a disadvantage over ping. Folms had us make screenshots and the footage provided by both captains proved my words, so it was decided that the match would take on in Unicorn and NC_Germany. We also had the date and time sorted out - Saturday 19:00 GMT. The average ping throughout the match in Unicorn/German was found to be 110,5 vs 109. NOT ENOUGH BALANCE FOR THE USA?

Quote from: Folms
Match will be played on Unicorn_Penthouse and NC_Germany, no objections.

Two days later, a day before the match, I get a message from Folms, which says that there's a French server available and gives the captains an offer.

If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.

Since the French server is practically the same as a UK one, I told him that I do not agree/like it. Then it turns into a demand, Zero out of nowhere books a French server, Mr.X gets involved in our PM conversations and makes decisions useful to his own nation. And Folms, the person responsible for our conversations doesn't give a **** and nobody consults with the Baltic, discussions are being made between the USA captain and Folms, Mr.X behind my back and then decisions are being made. They barely share any information with me expect that we have no choice but to play in France. 7 hours prior the match, Folms officially tells everyone that the server will be a French one, not German.

When I try to reason with Folms, I just hit a brick wall... This is how he does his administrating (I'm a bit frustrated from this happening for the whole week):

(click to show/hide)

We will have a final decision before the match.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:09:02 PM by Folms »

Watly

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Skype - arwinatcoolness.com
    • Steam - watly
    • Twitch.tv - mrwatly
    • YouTube - mrwatly
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Watly
  • WB
Re: Baltic withdraws
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:19:15 PM »
I would really love to hear the story from the other side as well, because I do not believe this to be the full story. It would also be nice, if you could post the screens showing the pings of your members on the different servers.

Still if this is truthful, it is quite saddening at best.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:23:22 PM by Watly »
Quote from: Arni
Arni: Im too stupid to troll anyone
Quote from: Fietta
☯ Nate | Fietta: You're so dumb
Quote from: DuckLight about Zoyka
DarkLight: the only thing that guy can beat is his meat tho

Folms

• Steam - Folms
    • Twitter - Folms_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Folms
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
I heard in Horse & Sword that Folms told everyone that we are not taking it serious, on the contrary, we hold trainings with others teams and also do them within the clan
I really would like you to provide evidence for you accusation, because at the moment you are stating utter crap.

Match will be played on Unicorn_Penthouse and NC_Germany, no objections.

Two days later, a day before the match, I get a message from Folms, which says that there's a French server available and gives the captains an offer.

If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.
You're saying it like you weren't explain the situation. I'm not sure to why that is. I have personally explained to you and so did X to as why you were asked to test the French server, however due to your disrespect and ignorance you dismissed our decisions. This is a quote from Mr. X telling why we have decided to make you test the French server:
Hokay.

I'd like to start this by quoting the rule thread:

Quote from: Rules
Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving North America. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis.

So, for this match, we considered a bunch of options. We made a decision based on the servers we had available, and gave that you to.
There were no "secret meetings"
Zero thought the server situation was unfair to his team and presented his argument to us, which is fine and totally allowed. Both teams are allowed to do that. We ended up reviewing his case, in which he argued to play on UK, and we refused it, because we thought the match was fairer and pings were more equalized on the German server.

I don't know why that sent early, apolagies.

Anyway, as I was saying, at the time, the fairest match we could provide was Uni's and a German server. However, since then, we've come into possession of 4 new french servers (none of which were available before). I'll add that folms has been bending over backwards trying to get these servers for you guys so you can have better matches. Now, with the availability of the french servers, we believe the fairest match will be played on Uni's and a French server.

French server should be perfectly fine for the Baltic team. If you think you can try to honestly tell me you're not going to ready and accustomed to a french server when the premier EU battle server is in France then you can happily refuse to play the match. We will give you an autoloss. If you think you can refuse to play based on some moral grounds, we will give you an autoloss.

And the fact is, ping is part of the game. Lag is part of the game. If you guys can't learn to deal with it, perhaps you deserve to lose.

Again, any arguments are perfectly acceptable. If you have a good reason for not being able to play on the French server, you can present it now.

Since the French server is practically the same as a UK one, I told him that I do not agree/like it.
You seem to agree with me that the shift from the UK to a French server makes no difference for yourself, then why make a problem out of it? It makes a dramatic change for the American team without effecting your team. You told us you don't like the transition however you provided no reason to why that is. You decided not to cooperate with us at all, whereas the American team did everything I asked.

Then it turns into a demand, Zero out of nowhere books a French server, Mr.X gets involved in our PM conversations and makes decisions useful to his own nation.
First of all I don't know why Zero booked the server in the first place. However, it doesn't change the thing because he booked it with correct servers and an agreed time.  Secondly, Mr. X has every right to get involved because he is an admin of this tournament. X did not make decisions useful to his own nation, me and X have spoken on steam about your situation as one does. And as far as I know Mr. X isn't that good in relationship with an American team anyway.

And Folms, the person responsible for our conversations doesn't give a **** and nobody consults with the Baltic, discussions are being made between the USA captain and Folms, Mr.X behind my back and then decisions are being made.
I'm going to say this as nice as possible, that you're the most disrespectful, ignorant and rude human being that I ever had to come across, who portrays a great lack of intelligence. Zero came to me and X for advice and to deliver his opinion about the issue of the servers. You were allowed to do the same but choice not to, again lack of cooperation. Zero was not involved in any of our decision making at any point.

They barely share any information with me expect that we have no choice but to play in France. 7 hours prior the match, Folms officially tells everyone that the server will be a French one, not German.
The time right now is 12:25pm that is 7.5 hours before the match. What on earth are you talking about? :lol:
I have send you a following message:
Alright, considering the fact I was able to get you guys a French server that will likely be better than German. If you just want to test out your pings and see how it goes then let me know. If you don't like it, match will be played on Unicorn/German servers. If you do then Unicorn/French servers will be used.
The date is 30th of January UK time, which is 31st January just after midnight your time. You had the whole Friday. You also had a training match vs Hellas on a Friday and couldn't bother to check TaleWorlds for any important updates and failed to get your team to test the French server. Then when Snow informed you of the precedence of the French server you suddenly adopted a mentality of Baltic not being able to play.

Above all, I will consult my other admins and it may be the case of removing you from the tournament manually.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:31:15 PM by Folms »

Shemaforash

• Marquis
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • Steam - Shemaforash
    • Twitch.tv - Shemaforash
    • YouTube - UCxUKp-cVk-kmP3aEBjgDg3g
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_shema
  • WB
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:54:20 PM »
Why do they have to test French server when the ping equalled so close on Germany and unicorn, it wouldn't make a difference most likely or it would favor the American team a lot more. I'm not sure I like your decisions.

Folms

• Steam - Folms
    • Twitter - Folms_
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Folms
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »
Why do they have to test French server when the ping equalled so close on Germany and unicorn, it wouldn't make a difference most likely or it would favor the American team a lot more. I'm not sure I like your decisions.
(click to show/hide)
Team USA players with over 140 ping on German Server :
Zero - 167
Lagalot - 204
Unicorn - 193
Beer - 168
Troubadour - 173
Calamity - 143
PPK157 - 182

Total players over 140 ping on German server : 7

(click to show/hide)
Team Baltic players with over 140 on East Coast server :
Arvydas - 213
Cryptic - 152
Vakarel - 196

Total players over 140 ping on East coast server : 3

Sir Galahad the Pure

• Squire
  • "Always look on the bright side of life!"
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Sir Galahad
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »
It's a shame that some good players wouldn't be able to play for the Baltic team. As far as I know, the average ping difference between German and French servers is around 10 for the Baltics so it wouldnt make any difference basically. I'd recommend admins not to accept this deliberate decision of quiting the tournament and rather try and talk with some of the members of the team in order to name a new captain who would cooperate more. Just my opinion though.

Osvaldon

• On probation
    • Steam - Osvaldonlt
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Osvaldon
  • WBWF&SNWM&BVC
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
Ok, Folms provided me with some extra information, so if it's correct we agree to play in France.