TaleWorlds will now be self publishing all current M&B games and Bannerlord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilverFaith said:
a few questions :
1. is there an expected release date for banner lords ?
2. Would the game be more like warband with a fictitious Map and nations (I sure would like it better than what you did with fire and sword)
3. would it be the same as Warband / M&B where there is a large map to move on with battle and town scenarios ?

1. No
2. Yes, also Taleworlds was only partly involved in the development of that game
3. Yes (pretty sure anyway)

For the bannerlords module system, would it be possible get something more "modular"?
Like, so things CAN be plug-n-play, not unlike Skyrim.
Things like new armors, weapons, troops, companions, ect. don't require a whole mod dedicated to them to get them into peoples games?
That'd be great.

Malik Faris said:
For the bannerlords module system, would it be possible get something more "modular"?
Like, so things CAN be plug-n-play, not unlike Skyrim.
Things like new armors, weapons, troops, companions, ect. don't require a whole mod dedicated to them to get them into peoples games?
That'd be great.

You can do this already, without a module system.

You don't need a whole new mod to implement 1 item into the game.

The Bowman said:
There will be no module system in Bannerlord.

Why not?

The Mighty McLovin said:
The Bowman said:

Why not?

In the opening post (OP) of the Bannerlord thread, there is an interview with one of the developers from 2012 and the following quote is from that interview:

''there won’t be a module system anymore. It’s going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please''

That's what The Bowman is referring to. As for mod incompatability, that only occurs when there are conflicts between mods. As you say, adding the things Malik mentions can be done individually already.

DanAngleland said:
The Mighty McLovin said:
The Bowman said:

Why not?

In the opening post (OP) of the Bannerlord thread, there is an interview with one of the developers from 2012 and the following quote is from that interview:

''there won’t be a module system anymore. It’s going to be a lot more accessible, the whole structure of the game is being rewritten, tenths of times, for the modders to do whatever they please''

That's what The Bowman is referring to. As for mod incompatability, that only occurs when there are conflicts between mods. As you say, adding the things Malik mentions can be done individually already.

Thanks for informing me.

I really thought the Module System was a bit.. awkward. Sometimes it was a bit complex to get it running and sometimes annoying.

I have some questions for the community manager or a sales manager. Just out of curiosity.

On Steam Warband costs 20 euros in the European store. How much money does TaleWorlds, Steam and other parties make out of one sale? Does Steam have to ask for permission to put the game on sale and does that affect the share of TaleWorlds compared with the share of other parties?

Afaik, Steam gets 50% of the money and they decide what titles to put on sale after the publishers/game devs ask them for their games to be in a specific sale.

I believe popular games like the M&B series usually get on sale whenever they ask for, but other indie developers don't have the same luck, or, despite being on sale, do not always appear on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom