Author Topic: TaleWorlds will now be self publishing all current M&B games and Bannerlord!  (Read 28017 times)

Hero_of_Hiroshima

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Its not that big of a deal...but why is early access offered to those with the game on steam, but not the game from disk or outside of steam?

I say this because warband, and of course the original mount and blade (did steam even exist then?) came out prior  to being on steam. Just seems that the older perhaps more "loyal" MB fans should get this early access as well.... That being said, I'd likely just buy the game over again on steam or w/e, but slightly annoying.

Primi

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Wolfpack_Primigenia
  • WBNWWF&SVCM&B
...why is early access offered to those with the game on steam, but not the game from disk...
What? Do you mean that they should make early access disks? That doesn't make any sense.

Hero_of_Hiroshima

• Regular
    • View Profile
...why is early access offered to those with the game on steam, but not the game from disk...
What? Do you mean that they should make early access disks? That doesn't make any sense.

No, meaning giving early access to Bannerlord, to those that bought Warband through non steam means

JabdiMelborn

• Language Moderator
    • Skype - jab_di_melborn
    • Steam - jabdimelborn
    • Twitter - jabdimelborn
    • Twitch.tv - jabdimelborn
    • YouTube - jabdimelborn
    • View Profile
    • Mount&Blade Mods List
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: AB_Jab aka "Wasted Meat"
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Its not that big of a deal...but why is early access offered to those with the game on steam, but not the game from disk or outside of steam?
...Where did you read that "early access (to Bannerlord) offered to those with the game on steam"...? :|

ciauz^^,
Jab
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:51:42 AM by JabdiMelborn »
(click to show/hide)

@Jabdimelborn

Adorno

• Bedroom Assassin
  • External Developer
  • I am not an animal!
    • YouTube - Adorno1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Adorno
  • WBNWM&BVC
It's in the first post by Captain Lust:
Oh and those of you who have the game on Steam are getting free "Early Access" to a game out of the deal too.

I think early access on Steam is just the easiest to manage,
and probably based on a deal with Steam.

FrankElliott

• Forum Legend
    • Skype - frankelliott555
    • Steam - frank_tw
    • Twitter - frankelliott_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Frank
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Just to clarify. Early access was given to a game called Magicka Wizard Wars being published by Paradox. It was their decision. We had nothing to do with it. It is not early access for Bannerlord. We have not announced any plans for pre-release access to Bannerlord at this time.
Follow me on the twitters @frankelliott_

Carlos Danger

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Skjaldborg/Carlos_Danger
We have not announced any plans for pre-release access to Bannerlord at this time.

Sure :wink:

Abdulmannon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hi, could somebody tell me if Tale Worlds gets a cut from the Steam market fee if I sell/buy Mount & Blade emoticons/cards/etc? I do a lot of Steam market trading with high amounts of cash and it would be nice if Tale Worlds benefits from the 10% Mount & Blade fee (and not Paradox Interactive as the publisher).

Dan the Chef

• Archduke
    • Steam - DantheChef
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Dan_the_Chef
  • M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Hi, could somebody tell me if Tale Worlds gets a cut from the Steam market fee if I sell/buy Mount & Blade emoticons/cards/etc? I do a lot of Steam market trading with high amounts of cash and it would be nice if Tale Worlds benefits from the 10% Mount & Blade fee (and not Paradox Interactive as the publisher).
I don't believe so. If it is anything it would be <5-10%.

Abdulmannon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I don't believe so. If it is anything it would be <5-10%.

If you buy something for $20 to pay somebody in steam credit, then the 10% amounts to $2. Of course it is not much but over a long time it can add up to a lot. Some emoticons are being sold for hundreds of dollars for trading purposes and their fees would yield much higher amounts.

wessexking

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
Wow, Paradox seemed really nice about it. They are really good people.

^This, make big brother proud TaleWorlds :p

PeterKarlOttVonBartokez

• Recruit
  • Leichtenstein, Suvorov, Collingwood, Ney and Bülow
    • Steam - Don Theodaric de Moreno y Lastra
    • YouTube - Associated with: Nr7 Östtereicher (Oldenburg) Uhlans.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Don Luis Hidalgo de Cordoba
I wondered why a Turkish company was working with a Norwiegen one anyway, surely there was one closer by? :wink:
"'Sir,' seyde sir Bedyvere, 'what man ys there here entyred that ye pray so faste fore?'
'Fayre sunne,' seyde the ermyte, 'I wote ant veryly but demagnetised."
  ,Sir Bedyvere and the hermit at the syte of kynge Arthur's rest.

SilverFaith

• Recruit
    • View Profile
a few questions :
1. is there an expected release date for banner lords ?
2. Would the game be more like warband with a fictitious Map and nations (I sure would like it better than what you did with fire and sword)
3. would it be the same as Warband / M&B where there is a large map to move on with battle and town scenarios ?

that's it for now :D

how you are going to add lots of knight armor and helmets too ....  :mrgreen:

|UKMD| Metaldrednaught

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Sorry I know this is off topic but I don't rightly know where else to post this, I am having an inordinate amount of trouble getting t play multiplayer on Warband, it just comes up with the "unable to connect with servers" message and I have tried everything I know of, please help :/.

SilverFaith

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I think it has something to do with the gamespy servers going offline forever
if it does , I seriously don't think they are going to fix it

otherwise ... I don't know , check your router ports or try making your PC a DMZ (all ports open - beware of maleware and viruses though)