TaleWorlds will now be self publishing all current M&B games and Bannerlord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox have just made this announcement here. Since some of you might be wondering what this means or why it's happening, we'd like to make a short announcement ourselves.

Simply put, the nature of our partnership with our friends at Paradox has changed slightly so that TaleWorlds Entertainment will have more control over the handling of the Mount&Blade franchise from now on, putting us firmly in the saddle. This is something we think will benefit us and Mount&Blade players. :smile:

In reality, we have always been an independent studio and have been managing all the technical aspects and maintenance of our titles. We are now in a position to manage the marketing and distribution side of things too. So we're just becoming a little more independent than before.

Some answers to questions you might have (we'll add things to here if we get a lot of the same question!):

Q: Do I have to buy the game again?
A: No of course not! This will not affect your current games or your experience with the games at all.

Q: How will this affect Bannerlord?
A: Not at all. Bannerlord has been developed exclusively by Taleworlds right from the start.

Q: Oh, so everything's good?
A: Yes! Just keep having fun with our games and stay tuned for news on the new one. :smile:

Oh and those of you who have the game on Steam are getting free "Early Access" to a game out of the deal too.

That is excellent news. It shows the prowess of TW now they no longer need or want to work with Paradox. Good job.

As a matter of fact, all the profit will be at one hand now. Even better.

So this is like when you no longer need a publisher in game dev tycoon, and you're like "YEAH, I'm my own publisher now and I will not share revenues with a third party!" ?
If that's it, then it's very nice. :smile:

Oscuro87 said:
So this is like when you no longer need a publisher in game dev tycoon, and you're like "YEAH, I'm my own publisher now and I will not share revenues with a third party!" ?
If that's it, then it's very nice. :smile:

More like becoming independent in Rome Total War

Well, that sounds like good news.

I do hope that also means you are going to be more forthcoming with information & sneak peaks.  :wink:

Balla.  :cool:

Dont think ive ever seen a hard copy of MnB in England :grin:

Will taleworlds be switching to Digital download only in western europe? seems logical to save on costs to me but then i dont have the figures on sales :grin:

_Osiris_ said:
Dont think ive ever seen a hard copy of MnB in England :grin:

Will taleworlds be switching to Digital download only in western europe? seems logical to save on costs to me but then i dont have the figures on sales :grin:
I remember seeing a copy in GAME when I was still living there. That GAME and a bunch of others are shut down completely now though.

It's something we're looking into. Obviously digital sales make up the majority of our business but there's still a chunk of people who like having a hard copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom