Das dreckige Dutzend: An Interest Check

Would you like a special channel for the RP?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steam

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • IRC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combination (use one of the above and forums)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • None (just forums)

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Weber, Esko and Fritz added to the roster (the character repository).  :razz:

Feel free to add a nickname or preferred name in " " on your CS, so I know what to use when quickly referencing your characters (nothing to silly though, please).

I'm still trying to sort out ranks, as although Wehrmacht ranks are quite easy to find, I'm not quite sure how a SF unit should be organized.

Didn't quite get to finish since there was a lot to do at work today. I'll get it to you either tomorrow or wednesday.

So I can't call him Manfred VonGrossenschwanz? :sad:

Teofish said:
Didn't quite get to finish since there was a lot to do at work today. I'll get it to you either tomorrow or wednesday.

So I can't call him Manfred VonGrossenschwanz? :sad:

No worries and any Manfred VonGrossenschwanzes will suffer from an amazingly vicious string of bad luck.  :wink:

Both would be interesting and provide some useful language skills. Since both movements were aligned with the fascist ideologies it makes a lot of sense as well.

Feel free to pm me if you want feedback as you go or if you want to brainstorm.

Thanks to Jhessail, I have a decent idea regarding ranks. (If you think your character should be in a leadership position please pm me, although rolling a "simple" soldier is fine as well.)

What I have at the moment is:

Offiziere (Officers) x 3

Hauptmann
Oberleutnant
Leutnant

Unteroffiziere (Non-commissioned Officers): x 5

Feldwebel
Unteroffizer

Mannschaften (Enlisted personnel) x (deciding on what a decent number is)

Gefreiter
Obersoldat
Soldat

*I'll be adding some NPCs with brief character sheets so the unit can have some reasonable numbers and staying power if they have to fight it out.

Joesph Steinhoff (Rallix) added to the character repository.  :razz:

Oh my.

How will these NPCs work? Will it be strictly Ulf in control of their actions/reactions, or will we be able to have some leeway with them?

At the moment I am thinking of some system where you quickly clear it with me before involving them, just to prevent anyone from doing anything over the top or that might go against the character or even change things in battle.

That being said so long as it fits with your character and the NPC, I am inclined to allow a good amount of leeway.

For example, say Unteroffizier Maurer is a complete and ardent Nazi, I am fine with a less "fanatic" character ending up in a fight with him. All I would really want would be a very brief/concise summary of what you intend to write.

Another example might be, randomly deciding that your character would in a lull during an operation decide to have a chat with Soldat Schmidt, maybe it turns out they are from the same city, etc.

Basically, I would encourage you to interact and figure out things that involve the NPCs and each other.

Weber has been modified into "von der Trenck" although in personality and ability he is largely the same. Upon reflection, it felt a bit silly that a high ranking officer would be as mysterious as Weber was.  :lol:

Thorvald Larssen has been added to the character repository as well, just clarifying some things with Teo before I post his CS.  :razz:

No rush, there are a couple of people still working on their character sheets and considering how quickly I resurrected the RP I am not expecting people to be done quickly.  :razz:

Conferring with our resident military expert Jhess, I have concluded that the unit should be around 40 soldiers, so there will be plenty of NPCs to work with even after all the players are in.

I'll try to add some short character sheets for a number of NPCs in the coming days.

Finally, adding a poll to see if people would like some form of skype, steam, etc. channel where we can gather or to quickly reach me.

Back
Top Bottom