Das dreckige Dutzend: An Interest Check

Would you like a special channel for the RP?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steam

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • IRC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combination (use one of the above and forums)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • None (just forums)

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Angelsachsen said:
Úlfheðinn said:
Angelsachsen said:
What would you have done?

Hmmm?
Something must have made you want to start an Interest Check. I just wondered what you had imagined as happening.

Aha, well I had a fun romp through Eastern Europe/Russia in mind. It started off as a reference to an old but fun RP we had here called Surge of Iron (created by Alexmia), which was like Battle for Tihr, not the best RP, RP wise, but just a fun forum romp. :razz:

I think partially what slowed me down/stopped me was my own obsession with historical accuracy, in the sense that I realized that the there was a hefty amount of background work to be done to make sure that I knew that everything fit with the progress of the campaign of the German army.

Teofish said:
Same as always. Get people excited and then slither back to his crevasse.

:lol:

A lot of it is I'm trying to find an RP template that works well for these forums.

So to summarize my thoughts a bit:
Hope of Jasna - a major flaw was that creating a world takes a surprising amount of planning (even for really minor details)
Das dreckige Dutzend - a huge problem was that I struggled to balance my own interest in historical accuracy and just getting things rolling
The Battle for Dhirim - in hindsight I think the issue with these type of completely sandbox RPs is that it's hard to get people together and get/keep the plot moving
Caravan of Courage - I still think the idea is pretty good, mostly exams/research grants ****ed me over in regards to timing, also Gamma got a job, which meant hen isn't around like 25/7.

Oooooh! I remembered what my idea was! I'd been watching an LP of Kaiserreich earlier. And I started thinking, "The main issue Ulf mentioned was having to spend a lot of time dealing with historical accuracy stuff. Well, what if we simply do it a bit like the Kaiserreich people did and postulate an alternate history timeline?"
Whaddaya think?

Teofish said:
Úlfheðinn said:
I'll just write a WW2 air combat RP instead
:shock: Yes. Yes! YES!

I feel like you guys don't understand how hardcore of a flight simmer I am... :lol:

Again though, jokes aside, I think that RP runs into some problems with pacing and just the amount of knowledge everyone needs to have about air combat.

Captured Joe said:
Something like Jhess' Strike Witches thing? :wink:

That was cool, but no.

Yeah, I mean there's a couple of RPs like that, that I like in theory, like say a U-boat crew, but the nitty-gritty details are so hardcore that I think we'd all get bored eventually.

It's also one of the things I was/am trying to figure out, how to hit that sweet spot of RPing where the GM can move things along but it isn't impossible for people to act without the GM.

After reading Das Boot, I can understand why it'd be pernickety. Giving too much unimportant info may be a problem with Cordon Sanitaire, too.

With that beings said I have seen two RPs that focused on those topics (air combat and submarines) work out, but they went with a dieslpunk twist, so the submarine was more of an active combat ship and the air combat one was set so far in the future that the planes could do some ridiculous things (thus avoiding the need to really write air combat in any realistic manner).

I don't think you gave too much unimportant information though, at least not given the particulars of your setting.

Back
Top Bottom