Author Topic: [NC2014] Map Information  (Read 6111 times)

Lord Rich

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: AE_Azan
Re: [NC2014] Map Information
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
This thread was where Verloren was most recently updated:

http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=4428.0

I should mention that every invisible wall or glitch that has been brought to my attention I have attempted to fix and the issue with being able to get on the roofs was due to the 1158 patch redefining the collision of the central tower object, rather than me just ignoring or not noticing the problem when I made the map.

The invisible walls at the corner connecting to the courtyard and the brewing area were sorted during WNL2, I added some wall props just in front of the house object to compensate as it was an issue with the original house mesh. It's all available on the current version used on IG (and WNL servers too) so I don't know how old the ones used on the NC servers are.

-----------------------

Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.

-----------------------

Haven't played Dreiecksdorf but it doesn't look too bad from the screens, it does seem a bit unusual for an open map though as it lacks the usual large zones and areas associated with opens, seems more set up like a closed map with nodes and connections.

relaXcz

• Permanently Banned
  • Mama said be the best, so I am the best one.
    • Steam - otticek
    • Twitch.tv - marmeladovej
    • YouTube - marmeladovej
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Guard
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: KURWA_relaks,Bohemian_relax
  • WBNW
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:08 PM »
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.

Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.

The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.

FrankElliott

• Forum Legend
    • Skype - frankelliott555
    • Steam - frank_tw
    • Twitter - frankelliott_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Frank
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
Proving grounds images seem to be of the older version, not sure if the version that is being used now is that or whether its the one I updated. The difference is quite significant, but I can probably find out when I get back from work, the newer one has a second wall running in parallel with the first and makes the former much less dominant over the map.
Looks like the old one then.
Follow me on the twitters @frankelliott_

Shemaforash

• Marquis
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • Steam - Shemaforash
    • Twitch.tv - Shemaforash
    • YouTube - UCxUKp-cVk-kmP3aEBjgDg3g
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: AE_shema
  • WB
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
You guys have Mountain Fortress and Winterburg to complain about, both those maps are pure ass. You should probably get high and mighty about those before having a temper tantrum over Dreiecksdorf.

Winterburg and Proving Grounds is something I have no opinion of but it does seems like the most reasonable way to resolve a tiebreaker...
Mountain fortress, at least the closed version is pretty boss, but has some flaws too, not my favorite but nothing I would complain that much about.

The worst map is Verloren though and it's EU, Dreiecksdorf is pretty good.

Dreiecksdorf should never be classed as an open map, it would at least be mixed. If you want to class it as an open map it should remove a whole bunch of props laying everywhere, I swear there's a spot to go hide on everywhere (not very open)

Lord Rich

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Possibly too late to change it now but here are pics from the newer version of Proving Grounds:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Main Changes:
  • Added fences near spawns to help defend against cav rushing
  • Added second wall to reduce dominance of the first
  • Added walls near central flag for extra cover

All areas are still cav accessible and its actually surprisingly quick to get onto the new wall as cav, the additional cover also make it easier as cav in my view as before the wall allowed rangers to see everywhere. It also provides teams with more options since previously the wall was just a better choice than going for the palisades.

Folms

• Steam - Folms
    • Twitter - Folms_
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Folms
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
All the maps but Dreiecksdorf were from the latest WNL mod.

FrankElliott

• Forum Legend
    • Skype - frankelliott555
    • Steam - frank_tw
    • Twitter - frankelliott_
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Frank
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
Gotta say I'd be concerned about cav rushing on the current version. The new version looks much better.
Follow me on the twitters @frankelliott_

Folms

• Steam - Folms
    • Twitter - Folms_
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Folms
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
Okay, I have gotten the screenshot for these maps from their original threads therefore they might be outdated. However, all the maps are updated and Dreiecksdorf will be fixed before the ITA vs CZE match.

Proving Grounds however, is outdated. So if you, Azan, would like to send me links for a new version I will update it.

kekn06ab

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: IG_Duke_Kekn
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
By the looks of it, the Mountain Fortress that is submitted is the old version of the map. There's since then been released a new and improved version. Has this been taken into consideration?

Bauglir

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Bauglir
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
Just the pictures are old, but new versions on the servers. If you look theres also old pictures of Frosty battle and San'di'boush

but Bauglir, you're a sickeningly pitiful player with a toxic personality, I feel sorry for Sota who's put in the awkward position of playing you.

Mok

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: bok
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2014, 04:23:01 PM »
Drieiecksdorf is a sick map, stop the hate:(

ThunderonCZ

• Knight
  • Everybody have a plan until they get hit.
    • Steam - thunderon
    • Twitter - _Thunderon_
    • YouTube - ThunderonCZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Boh_T-RoR
  • WB
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »
Im now thinking about the changes on Mountain Fortress. I have made one bigger change and that is add one more entrance for 1st(outside) spawn. I also solve the texture problem at the wall near outside stables.
(click to show/hide)
What do you think about this change and what what is your overall thoughts on this map. Just wanted to know if this map has any future.
(try to avoid posts like "It is **** map delet it" )

Vivar

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Levy
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
After the first impression I like the changes a lot. The map is interesting to play, I would like to keep on playing it. The new version would also give some more tactical opportunities, thats what the map somehow lacked before sometimes in my opinion.

Watly

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Skype - arwinatcoolness.com
    • Steam - watly
    • Twitch.tv - mrwatly
    • YouTube - mrwatly
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: Watly
  • WB
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 09:05:56 AM »
I really like the map Mountain Fortress: it is really hard to play on tactically and this is what makes it so rewarding to play on. The extra entrance would in my eyes finish the map and solidify it as one of the better competitive maps.
Quote from: Arni
Arni: Im too stupid to troll anyone
Quote from: Fietta
☯ Nate | Fietta: You're so dumb
Quote from: DuckLight about Zoyka
DarkLight: the only thing that guy can beat is his meat tho

Lord Rich

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
I think that would be a really good change, the maps main problem has always been the way it forced the attacking team to choose the bridge or outside route, so providing an extra middle route would likely make the map a lot more flexible with teams able to use 2 of the routes and mutually support each other through them.