[NC2014] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Balion Zero said:
@X

First thing bring up my suggestion of Open Plains, you have access to servers that contain it to show the admins.

Now not trying to promote a discussion here but saying :
Mr.X said:
Field By The River has been played so long that it's basically been exhausted.
Could the same not be said about Ruins, Verloren, Vendetta, San'di'boush, Frosty Battle, Reveran Village ? I mean all these maps have been played very extensively I am sure in both the NA and EU community. Its quiet obvious that mostly 3 strats maybe 4 are the ones that are always used. So it can be said that they have been exhausted as well. I wont touch on the subject of if FbTR is balanced or not because that will probably spin out into something bigger then it has to be. But thank you for the official stand point on it, but I just think a better wording or reasoning on why its being considered to be removed would  be better. Saying its exhausted really isn't  a real reason in my opinion. Better off just saying that majority of the admins dont like it and dont want it in the tournament.

Well I personally am of the opinion that if there are more new maps that are of equal merit to Ruins, Verloren, Vendetta, Sandiboush, Frosty Battle, and Reveran Village, then they should also be replaced. That's probably not all the admins, just me though. However, considering how difficult it is to find a replacement for one map, I don't think it's a good idea to throw out the entire map pool in hopes of replacing it. Of all the maps in the pool, 2 were original Native Maps (FbtR and Ruins), so they were the oldest and most played.

Sir Marek said:
Once when all maps will be known, I would appreciate, if admin team or whoever post entire list of flag spawns, wherein flags are bugged to prevent an accident (e.g. match Bohemian vs. Renegades on the Frosty battle).
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,289393.15.html
I reckon a lot of players know all of them already, but not such a big number in my humble opinion.

I'll look into that, thanks :smile:

Fbtr is a pretty popular choice in NA.  The GAvswK match in UNAC is enough proof of it's versatility and balance.  The only logical quarrel is the bridge area (steep hills).

The clarification on the Home/Away system are a good step forward.  An admin involved in the choosing is even better.

I would still recommend designating which team is Home/Away via the fixtures.  So top team away, bottom team home or similar system to further eliminate confusion or teams pushing for one or the other that they want. 

It's always been a crap system but really the only option.  I would standardize every aspect as much as possible.  Giving the captains the ability to over-ride is a good safeguard, but a "no argument" default would be ideal.

Recommend Solace by Romans.  Open Plains good.  Also save FbtR!

Also bring back round draws...they were fun.
/sarcasm

Open plains is a horrible map. I do not want to play on this map, as it gives no tactical elements whatsoever.

For the Europeans who don't know the map: it's a flat plain with 6 trees laid down and a small hill to prevent the archers from shooting from one spawn to the other. You can basically go all-cav if you would want and win.

I'd rather keep FbtR than having to play this map competitively.

I agree with SotaMursu. You chose servers with bad routing, what's typical for cheap servers. It means some people connect with the server via lagged 'roads'. I have got 75 (ALWAYS, ACCURATELY 75!) ping on WNLs. When I have been using some utility to change the routing, it was 55. However, I can't do it now, because it was trial version :grin:

Arthasan said:
I agree with SotaMursu. You chose servers with bad routing, what's typical for cheap servers. It means some people connect with the server via lagged 'roads'. I have got 75 (ALWAYS, ACCURATELY 75!) ping on WNLs. When I have been using some utility to change the routing, it was 55. However, I can't do it now, because it was trial version :grin:

FYI - most of the time Routing isn't controlled by the server, and there is no way of telling how good a connection will be without testing it from every location (not very easy). Jest is one of the few server providers to show evidence of thorough testing before selecting a data centre to host his servers, if you want to pay for a server from Jest I'm sure the admins will accept it as an official server.

m1tchell23 said:
this isn't NA though
I am sorry I thought this was Nations Cup not European Cup. He was merely stating that it can be played different ways, if you don't know how to play it effectively with other tactics. Unfortunate, but it can be played effectively in many other ways then the ones you stated.

oh I'm sorry this is 1/10 or how ever many teams end up signing up, the point is this map is very limited with tactics to do. and the only people who seem to want it are NA

How about we try to talk about maps and our opinions without using geography as a focal point?

In mitchell's defense, Open Plains is only played in NA so it's not like he's only played against EU players who have a completely different map mindset.

In Mad Dawg and Zero's defense, there are obviously multiple possible strategies to employ on any map, Open Plains included.

So you're both right and wrong and both opinions are valid and none of it is based on where you live. So shut up with the NA vs. EU bull****, k?

Back
Top Bottom