Author Topic: [NC2014] Suggestions  (Read 19888 times)

Bauglir

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Bauglir
Re: [NC2014] Suggestions
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »
Points>RD>Rounds won wouldn't be too bad i guess.

but Bauglir, you're a sickeningly pitiful player with a toxic personality, I feel sorry for Sota who's put in the awkward position of playing you.

Dreaon

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - MYTHical_Dreaon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Dreaon
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »
Head-to-head is usually used in this case.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.
It's really not unusual in tournaments, to look on the head-to-head result in certain circumstances.
And to prevent all this arguing, it should be part of the rules, how the ranking in the groupstage will be decided.
It also makes the life of the admins easier, if they have enough clear rules to hold on to.
Why would you want to make the decisions now and have the people discussing?

Mr.X

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »
Head-to-head is usually used in this case.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.
It's really not unusual in tournaments, to look on the head-to-head result in certain circumstances.
And to prevent all this arguing, it should be part of the rules, how the ranking in the groupstage will be decided.
It also makes the life of the admins easier, if they have enough clear rules to hold on to.
Why would you want to make the decisions now and have the people discussing?

Obviously. We didn't purposely leave the rules vague so we could get everyone angry. We just didn't think of it and no one on the teams (who were all supposed to read the rules) brought it up.

Dreaon

• Knight at Arms
    • Steam - MYTHical_Dreaon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Dreaon
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2014, 04:28:54 PM »
You've made a point and people are silent now, it seems.
Maybe we all should take a closer look on the rules next time, before we actually start getting problems with them.

But until now, for many people such rules seemed to be fixed I guess. Like "I have to accept the rules but can't influence it". At least I possibly thought so.
So how about to start a public discussion about the rules next time, before the tournament begins? Or at least, ask some people to look over it / ask for opinions about the rules. Then, people will put more attention and effort in it.

Just an idea. For now, let's do the best with what we have.
Good luck to everyone!