Author Topic: [NC2014] Suggestions  (Read 19927 times)

Calamity

• Il Padrino
  • Forum Legend
    • Steam - wkcalamity
    • Twitter - BladeCast_TV
    • Twitch.tv - BladeCast_TV
    • YouTube - UCoXCEQnqetWPMSBVTgJDftw
    • View Profile
    • BladeCast
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: wK_Calamity
People unite to the defense of our godfather calamity.
No wonder people talk about you as a godfather

Mr.X

Re: [NC2014] Suggestions
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 06:30:24 PM »
Bring back Field by the River

shitt map Deluxe
I still have not seen a official statement by the tournament admins why it was removed. Its a very balanced, what considers it a **** map, or boring map (I heard rumors thats why it was removed). Also for Open category I recommend Open Plains by Kissmyaxe it can be found in almost all NA servers, I can even so it to the admins.

Basically this statement (which came from an official admin and in direct response to your questioning ;) )
Admins agreed to remove this map, 'cause they believe that it's not balanced and it's boring map.

Anyway, I wanted this map, but I was outvoted.

To elaborate, we're looking to replace Field By The River with another open map that is newer to promote more varied play. Field By The River has been played so long that it's basically been exhausted. Sure there are always new things to do on a map, but it's been a while since anything new has happened. If we can find a newer map with equal merit, we'd rather put in the new map because it will just be more interesting for the players, streamers, and spectators.  If we can't find a suitable substitute, it is very likely Field By The River will go back in.

I don't want to get into an argument about the balance of FbtR. I'm sure some people feel it's balanced and some people feel it's not balance and I'm sure no one is going to change their position despite arguments from the other side. Lets at least wait until we know if FbtR is going to be in the tournament before going crazy on that topic.

I should add, feel free to suggest maps :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:33:05 PM by Mr.X »

Balion Zero

• Master Knight
    • Steam - vrdorjo
    • Twitch.tv - balionzero
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Balion_Veteran_Zero
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »
@X

First thing bring up my suggestion of Open Plains, you have access to servers that contain it to show the admins.

Now not trying to promote a discussion here but saying :
Field By The River has been played so long that it's basically been exhausted.
Could the same not be said about Ruins, Verloren, Vendetta, San'di'boush, Frosty Battle, Reveran Village ? I mean all these maps have been played very extensively I am sure in both the NA and EU community. Its quiet obvious that mostly 3 strats maybe 4 are the ones that are always used. So it can be said that they have been exhausted as well. I wont touch on the subject of if FbTR is balanced or not because that will probably spin out into something bigger then it has to be. But thank you for the official stand point on it, but I just think a better wording or reasoning on why its being considered to be removed would  be better. Saying its exhausted really isn't  a real reason in my opinion. Better off just saying that majority of the admins dont like it and dont want it in the tournament.

Erminas

• On-Topic Moderator
  • Defender of Faith,Prince of Sangrael
    • Steam - dof_erminas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: DoF_SangraelPrince_Erminas
  • WBNW
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
Also for Open category I recommend Open Plains by Kissmyaxe it can be found in almost all NA servers, I can even show it to the admins.
Agreed.I would love to see Open Plains used more in EU scrims.
Map is up on all WWC servers(Holland,France,Chicago).

|Marek|

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Marek
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »
Once when all maps will be known, I would appreciate, if admin team or whoever post entire list of flag spawns, wherein flags are bugged to prevent an accident (e.g. match Bohemian vs. Renegades on the Frosty battle). I reckon a lot of players know all of them already, but not such a big number in my humble opinion.

m1tchell23

• Bench Warmer
  • Baron
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: AE_Mitchell
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »
please don't add open plains, still have horrible nightmares about it from UNAC

Mr.X

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
@X

First thing bring up my suggestion of Open Plains, you have access to servers that contain it to show the admins.

Now not trying to promote a discussion here but saying :
Field By The River has been played so long that it's basically been exhausted.
Could the same not be said about Ruins, Verloren, Vendetta, San'di'boush, Frosty Battle, Reveran Village ? I mean all these maps have been played very extensively I am sure in both the NA and EU community. Its quiet obvious that mostly 3 strats maybe 4 are the ones that are always used. So it can be said that they have been exhausted as well. I wont touch on the subject of if FbTR is balanced or not because that will probably spin out into something bigger then it has to be. But thank you for the official stand point on it, but I just think a better wording or reasoning on why its being considered to be removed would  be better. Saying its exhausted really isn't  a real reason in my opinion. Better off just saying that majority of the admins dont like it and dont want it in the tournament.

Well I personally am of the opinion that if there are more new maps that are of equal merit to Ruins, Verloren, Vendetta, Sandiboush, Frosty Battle, and Reveran Village, then they should also be replaced. That's probably not all the admins, just me though. However, considering how difficult it is to find a replacement for one map, I don't think it's a good idea to throw out the entire map pool in hopes of replacing it. Of all the maps in the pool, 2 were original Native Maps (FbtR and Ruins), so they were the oldest and most played.

Once when all maps will be known, I would appreciate, if admin team or whoever post entire list of flag spawns, wherein flags are bugged to prevent an accident (e.g. match Bohemian vs. Renegades on the Frosty battle). I reckon a lot of players know all of them already, but not such a big number in my humble opinion.

I'll look into that, thanks :)

Gelden

• Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
  • Sergeant Knight
  • There will b 7 planets left after i destroy uranus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Fbtr is a pretty popular choice in NA.  The GAvswK match in UNAC is enough proof of it's versatility and balance.  The only logical quarrel is the bridge area (steep hills).
The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so.

WEST KNIGHTS

Mad Dawg

• Barks and bites
  • Forum Legend
  • Mad or Mad? Masses confused, turmoil ensues.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Balion_Mad_Dawg
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
The clarification on the Home/Away system are a good step forward.  An admin involved in the choosing is even better.

I would still recommend designating which team is Home/Away via the fixtures.  So top team away, bottom team home or similar system to further eliminate confusion or teams pushing for one or the other that they want. 

It's always been a crap system but really the only option.  I would standardize every aspect as much as possible.  Giving the captains the ability to over-ride is a good safeguard, but a "no argument" default would be ideal.

Recommend Solace by Romans.  Open Plains good.  Also save FbtR!

Also bring back round draws...they were fun.
/sarcasm
Top 3 people from Warband that, if they were in the middle of the street and a bus was coming, you would be like "hey dude, watch out for that bus.":

1. Mad Dawg

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169650.msg4686481.html#msg4686481

Andreas ContyS

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: ContyS_cfdl_RS
  • WB
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
sup guys, i have a suggestion. nc2014 should be played without any new maps.

Watly

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Skype - arwinatcoolness.com
    • Steam - watly
    • Twitch.tv - mrwatly
    • YouTube - mrwatly
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Watly
  • WB
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 11:17:57 PM »
Open plains is a horrible map. I do not want to play on this map, as it gives no tactical elements whatsoever.

For the Europeans who don't know the map: it's a flat plain with 6 trees laid down and a small hill to prevent the archers from shooting from one spawn to the other. You can basically go all-cav if you would want and win.

I'd rather keep FbtR than having to play this map competitively.
Quote from: Arni
Arni: Im too stupid to troll anyone
Quote from: Fietta
☯ Nate | Fietta: You're so dumb
Quote from: DuckLight about Zoyka
DarkLight: the only thing that guy can beat is his meat tho

Arthasan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Castellan_Arthasan
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
Bring back FbtR and Nord Town

Provide better servers than WNLs. Whatever, please, but not them...
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

sotamursu123

• On probation
  • Why so serious? :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: osTnT_cns_SotaMursu
  • WBNW
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 02:05:47 AM »
If I still have the same ping on WNL servers as during ECS finals, I'd prefer Unicorns_Penthouse or Turkish servers for NC.

Same for Trebron.

Broomstick

• Baron
  • matchmaking g0d
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: BROxVIPER
  • WBNW
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Arthasan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Castellan_Arthasan
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
I agree with SotaMursu. You chose servers with bad routing, what's typical for cheap servers. It means some people connect with the server via lagged 'roads'. I have got 75 (ALWAYS, ACCURATELY 75!) ping on WNLs. When I have been using some utility to change the routing, it was 55. However, I can't do it now, because it was trial version :D
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein