Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 3 - Unexpected Parties

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>To all interested and uninterested parties, let it be known that we at TaleWorlds are making a new game, by the name of Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It is the next in the Mount&Blade series and a prequel to Mount&Blade Warband. This is the third entry in our Developer Blog, talking about making the game to whoever wants to listen. Thisweek we're talking about the campaign team, developers of the game's single player mechanics and gameplay. The team formerly known as “Team 3”...</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/4

Looking pretty swell!

A few questions:

• The game will undoubtedly look much better this time around, but will it still be able to run the same large battles--or, better yet, even larger ones? I'm going to guess I don't just speak for myself when I say the community would by large prefer larger, smoother battles over nicer graphics. (No offence to the artists, of course! Loving the new look, and your hard work in making it look this good!)
  • Do you have some of the big-name modders working with you? There are certain mods--Diplomacy and PBOD, to name only a few--which have improvements that, while not straying from the original spirit of M&B, improve the general experience of the game by leaps and bounds. I think it would be in all our best interests if the authors of these successful "vanilla-expansion" mods were able to lend their voice to the development, and make it a better overall experience for the players.

Other than that, looks sexy! So, so sexy. Like, really sexy. Yeeeaahh.

We've seen in the comments that there is a large demand for more things to do in the towns and villages, as well as for them to feel more alive and busy. Hopefully we'll have more to announce on that subject in the future.

Best news so far, in my opinion. Glad to hear this. :smile:

do you know why we have not a single well known person that did that. It was not an effective way of fighting.
Limit that sweeping generalization to early medieval Europe only. Probably because infantry was generally used in formations in those days, where a shield or a two-handed pike would've been more effective than a bunch of dual wielders.

Still, it would be cool to have such an option to be possible. Even if Bannerlord is supposed to be set in a medieval Europe setting during which dual wielding may have been rare, mods can and often do change the setting. How about rapier + main gauche in later European history? Or dual pistols for cowboys? Dual swords for Asian cultures?

That said, what are those three smaller gray boxes for?
Yeah I wanna know too. They could be food slots because the icons look like crates?

The game's looking cool so far. I can't wait to see it in action.

I have a few questions:

1) What will the system requirements be?
With the new graphics, will they be much higher than the previous games?

2) How are large scale battles being changed?
Will we see larger forces on the field at one time?
Will there be better commands and tactics?
Will we be able to tell units where to go on the map, or will it still basically be charge/follow style commands?

3) Is the RPG system being improved?
Will there be more personalization? More quests and side quests? More character interactions?
Any chance of relationships?

4) How will territory work?
Will we still be able to just stomp over castles once we have big armies?
Will there be any better "empire building" options like many of the mods for M&B have added?

" Not only is the system more realistic but it will create much more variety in the campaign gameplay, fighting in multiple locations on multiple fronts, leading to more interesting choices and depth to the player's actions."

now thats sounds interresting! :smile:

pellehard said:
" Not only is the system more realistic but it will create much more variety in the campaign gameplay, fighting in multiple locations on multiple fronts, leading to more interesting choices and depth to the player's actions."

now thats sounds interresting! :smile:

I want more details!!!

Aww, that's awesome, i like the retro style of the character model, reminds me some stronghold...
It's going to be awesome, but i expect from you guys a nice smooth and easy usable tactical overview or something, giving the battles more intensity, and maybe by scaling the battles to more troops, but in different parts of the battlefield, the parts are not loaded and you can swithc every part by traveling to it... difficult to explain... Like the java chunks! maybe by simulating one not loaded chunk, and the results of that chunk are shown in the tactical overview, and you can lead the troops on that chunk with the tactical overview!
Damn, sorry for my english

I've seen in all the photos published that the ragdolls/bodies/humans seem strange to me maybe they look short or something?

EDIT: The ''avatar'' of the player is extremely important both in MP and SP.
EDIT: Scratch that, only latest inventory picture.

Willhelm said:
Rydmer said:
stoffe95 said:
Hello, Can you please make dual-weilding able in the new M&B !

Just no, very very few people ever did that, and do you know why we have not a single well known person that did that. It was not an effective way of fighting.

That said, what are those three smaller gray boxes for? And overall the shoulder slot and horse armor slot, that will be nice. That and I must say that as of right now I prefer the old inventory system, but I'm sure I'll be swayed over time.

Well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrying_dagger
But obviously 2 giant swords is far fetched.

Well I don't really count daggers and knives that much. There is also something called a sword breaker, but I don't know if it was actually used in combat and such. All I know is that if I use a One and a half hand sword and my shield breaks I'll Be lbe preoccupied with combat to draw a dagger until I get away from the cluster of enemy troops I am in. And on that note, please say that they don't walk in a single file line after you in BannerLords? That would add a lot more challenge when trying to escape.

But also I wasn't speaking of two bastard swords, even two short swords used together require some amount of skill.

Back
Top Bottom