• Hobohemia.

Votes: 38 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Orchid

Grandmaster Knight
LGgaS.jpg

New title announced by the relatively new Czech company Warhorse Studios, featuring several of the original Mafia: City of Lost Heaven developers.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been advertised by its creators as a medieval open world RPG with none of the fantasy elements found in most other games of the genre. It should be set in the Holy Roman Empire in the year 1403. The devs promise authentic historical personae and actual events having taken place around the early beginnings of the early-fifteenth century.

The game is set to be published in 2015 and will be built around the CryEngine 3.

rqx8p4d.jpg

Videos

Video Update #6: May '14
18/02 Live Stream
Kickstarter Video Update #5: The Living World
Kickstarter Video Update #4: Combat
Kickstarter Video Update #3: Horses and Horse Riding
Kickstarter Video Update #2: Character Customization
Kickstarter Video Update #1: The World
Release Trailer
Footage at 3:38

Screenshots & gifs
yrPgu.jpg

qHWrd.jpg
8HsIk.jpg
_0nIv.jpg
plkFL.jpg
TolnB.jpg
7QVO6.jpg
pot6K.jpg
-JEg6.jpg
V5_2T.jpg
rH1gA.jpg
oMF8-.jpg
8GULl.jpg

&

11448247576_21ccec1cdd_o.gif

Links
Official site
Twitter
Facebook
Gogol+

Press
Kotaku 18/12/'13
PC Gamer 19/12/'13
RPS 19/12/'13
Gamespot 22/01/'14
Eurogamer 22/01/'14
RPS (Interview with Daniel Vavra) 22/01/'14
RPS (Preview) 22/01/'14
PCGMedia (Interview with Daniel Vavra) 08/02/'14
VG 24/7 (Interview with Daniel Vavra) 19/02/'14
Redbull 25/02/'14
Gamestar (Interview with Daniel Vavra) 26/02/'14
PC Gamer 20/03/'14
Worldsfactory 05/04/'14

Indeed, I've been waiting for ages for another decent medieval RPG with zero magic to come out. Wizardry has always kind of been an immersion breaker for me, at least in games. And as the RPS article states: if the people behind Mafia were good at one thing, it was at creating an intense, immersive atmosphere that swallowed you whole.

This can be great, and if it works it could open the door for more realistic historical RPGs wich is something I have always wanted.

Neat, missed the gif at the end there. Cry engine for the win this upcoming generation of games it appears. Glad to see another 'realistic' based medieval game, they are rare.

I think it registered as a hit, it just didn't kill the guy. While not realistic, I'm assuming they are going by the standard game-y "health" that is present. Unless that is of course merely really early gameplay, and subject to change.

Styo said:
Do they have a forums?
No, they haven't sadly.

EDIT: I'm quite surprised by the fact that so many people on Kotaku seem adverse to the idea of playing a "realistic" medieval open world RPG. The game not being fantastical seems to be the very thing turning them off. Never really considered the idea that the absence of fantasy elements could push people away from a game.

Back
Top Bottom