Author Topic: [Na5aSide] Semi Finals - Deadline 11/12/13  (Read 5445 times)

Noxtravibur

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Noxx
Re: [Na5aSide] Semi Finals - Deadline 11/12/13
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
gg, 2:2 with a 5v2 xDDD
Und wir sind auch längst weiß Gott nicht die einzigen, die Michael als Captain oder zumindest Trainer bevorzugen würden.

Liwi

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Aquila_Jarl
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
I want to apologise to both sides. It was my fault for forcing Scar to get his team together so quickly. I understand the frustration cause some of ridiculous, outrageous and unacceptable behaviour. I take the blame tonight because it was truly my fault and I will learn from it. Especially for the upcoming Nations Cup. It was unfair for Scar's team to suffer with four players throughout the match. It was unfair the Corey's team to wait having full team available. I'm not going to do any replays because I think it will cause more problems, hopefully both teams will understand. If you have any further questions I am available on Steam 24/7.

I'm only judging from the screens and information in this thread, but couldn't a rematch solve exactly the issues you name (Scar having to get his team together in a very short time, the other team not willing to wait)  rather than "cause more problems". If it was your fault and you see now it was unfair, replay at a time the others can get up a proper team. Issue solved. Saying "I take the blame" and not trying to solve the issue isn't very helpful.

The close result clearly tells that you won against a team that outclasses you. Every player is crucial in a 5vs5.  :|

Sorry if I got something wrong  :wink:
"Paulo is the solution" - François Hollande
"Product many baguette is the solution" - Paulo

Roxdady

• Squire
  • the trick's to stay long enough alive to cash out
    • Steam - Law781
    • Twitch.tv - fortinbras_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: [KURWA]FiSk
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »
What Jarl said.
inactive warband player zzz...

Sir Galahad the Pure

• Squire
  • "Always look on the bright side of life!"
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Sir Galahad
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
Jarl is wise.

crazyboy11

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: crazyboy11
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
gg, 2:2 with a 5v2 xDDD

They had 4 up until the last round where they left after being killed, the screenshot was taken at the end. Obviously.

I'm only judging from the screens and information in this thread, but couldn't a rematch solve exactly the issues you name (Scar having to get his team together in a very short time, the other team not willing to wait)  rather than "cause more problems". If it was your fault and you see now it was unfair, replay at a time the others can get up a proper team. Issue solved. Saying "I take the blame" and not trying to solve the issue isn't very helpful.

The close result clearly tells that you won against a team that outclasses you. Every player is crucial in a 5vs5.  :|

It's easy to make villains out of the Crumepteers here, but let me give you some information that means this wasn't us trying to be dicks.

- We had less time than Scars team to prepare our team for this match, folms told them first.
- When we agreed to play, we also only had 4 players, our 5th turned up in time.
- We waited almost 30 minutes past the agreed starting time and their last player still only turned up in the last 4 rounds.
- The match was already being played past the deadline so no-one has any right to complain about being forced to play.

Scar

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_Scar
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
It's easy to make villains out of the Crumepteers here, but let me give you some information that means this wasn't us trying to be dicks.

- We had less time than Scars team to prepare our team for this match, folms told them first.
- When we agreed to play, we also only had 4 players, our 5th turned up in time.
- We waited almost 30 minutes past the agreed starting time and their last player still only turned up in the last 4 rounds.
- The match was already being played past the deadline so no-one has any right to complain about being forced to play.

- Yeah sure, you obviously asked us if we can play but you don't even know if you have enough players yourself, makes sense. On top of that, I was busy trying to get a 5th player.
- Don't see how this point helps, the match was still unfair.
- You didn't wait 30 minutes, but 15 mins because the rules force you to do so if I'm not mistaken.
- Don't see the point in playing the match at 11pm, we could have played it yesterday and it wouldn't have made a difference. The deadline for the finals is 22/12/13.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:05:42 PM by ~Scar »

Liwi

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Aquila_Jarl
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »
My point was made from what Folms wrote, crazyboy. He pretty much took all the blame in the first sentences ("it truly was my fault", " It was unfair for Scar's team"), but then wrote that a re-match makes no sense. While in reality it would obviously solve the issue in a way that would give justice to both sides.

In my opinion, even giving TD a default win would be a better option and far more consistent with what he wrote than saying "it was my fault and really unfair" and still taking the win. It's not about who is "the villain" (though the chat alone from the result screens might give a hint) but about consistency with what you should stand for as an organizer. I don't really see what your points change about that.
"Paulo is the solution" - François Hollande
"Product many baguette is the solution" - Paulo

Bauglir

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Bauglir
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 08:35:11 PM »
I was hoping to see nice and close finals :/

but Bauglir, you're a sickeningly pitiful player with a toxic personality, I feel sorry for Sota who's put in the awkward position of playing you.

crazyboy11

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »
My point was made from what Folms wrote, crazyboy. He pretty much took all the blame in the first sentences ("it truly was my fault", " It was unfair for Scar's team"), but then wrote that a re-match makes no sense. While in reality it would obviously solve the issue in a way that would give justice to both sides.

In my opinion, even giving TD a default win would be a better option and far more consistent with what he wrote than saying "it was my fault and really unfair" and still taking the win. It's not about who is "the villain" (though the chat alone from the result screens might give a hint) but about consistency with what you should stand for as an organizer. I don't really see what your points change about that.

You seem to have missed this bit: "I want to apologise to both sides."

When you look at the facts of the match there was no inherent unfairness when it was arranged, everything that was unfair about it was then out of Folms' control. He apologised for it because it's the considerate thing to do, but that doesn't mean the match was in any way invalid. The match was played so the results stand - seems pretty simple to me. It's even in the rules: "If a team cannot make 5 players, at the agreed match time, they must play on regardless. It is up to the other team to decide if they want to postpone the match."

+Varsung+

• Grandmaster Knight
  • "For even the very wise cannot see all ends"
    • Steam - Varsung
    • Twitter - TheHobbit Varsung
    • Twitch.tv - Varsung
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: DR_Varsung
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
And there we have the issue again. I really suggest that matches can`t be arranged 30 minutes beforehand!

I Lant Gil-galad

Gil-galad aran edhellen.             Megil dîn and, ecthel dîn laeg,          Da phalan-onur io anand
 I thelegain linnar o then:           Thôl hílol dîn palan-dirnen:              Ú-ben ista had i dhortha
I âr vedui dôr vain a lain           In gil ernediaid menel                     Tinu dîn dannas na dúath
 Min eryd ar i aearon.                Tirnen bo thand gelebren dîn.           Mi Vordor, i nôr-i-merchaint.

Scar

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_Scar
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »
You seem to have missed this bit: "I want to apologise to both sides."

When you look at the facts of the match there was no inherent unfairness when it was arranged, everything that was unfair about it was then out of Folms' control. He apologised for it because it's the considerate thing to do, but that doesn't mean the match was in any way invalid. The match was played so the results stand - seems pretty simple to me. It's even in the rules: "If a team cannot make 5 players, at the agreed match time, they must play on regardless. It is up to the other team to decide if they want to postpone the match."

This rule applies when both captains actually agreed on a date, which isn't the case here. We got forced to play, I had to gather my team within 15 minutes without any notice beforehand. Please don't try to make it look like this was just a normal match, scheduled under fair circumstances, and I failed to gather my team. As I said, in this case you could have at least given us more time to gather the team, or - considering the deadline for the finals - played against us today for example.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:10:22 PM by ~Scar »

Bendetto

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Inquisition_Bendetto
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
I imagined otherwise other final  :wink:

crazyboy11

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
This rule applies when both captains actually agreed on a date, which isn't the case here. We got forced to play, I had to gather my team within 15 minutes without any notice beforehand. Please don't try to make it look like this was just a normal match, scheduled under fair circumstances, and I failed to gather my team. As I said, in this case you could have at least given us more time to gather the team, or - considering the deadline for the finals - played against us today for example.

Are you still trying to make up the rules?

The match time was agreed. Whether by mutual consent of team captains or, in this case, admin intervention. I can assure you that we also only had 15 minutes to gather a team. You claim it was unfair but both teams had the same amount of time to gather players. I would sympathise more with you had we not been forced to play under the same circumstances or had you tried harder to schedule normally.

You come back to the final deadline again, but our match was a semi final and the deadline was the 11th. Add three days to the deadline of the final and we'd end up playing the final at Christmas - the worst time to arrange matches. You also make the assumption that we will be able to field a full team on any day after the deadline - it's easy to make those assumptions. I don't see how either team can complain about being forced to play the day AFTER their own deadline.

+Varsung+

• Grandmaster Knight
  • "For even the very wise cannot see all ends"
    • Steam - Varsung
    • Twitter - TheHobbit Varsung
    • Twitch.tv - Varsung
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: DR_Varsung
  • M&BWBWF&SNW
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »
You don`t take in mind that TD had to play the match on a Wednesday night at 11 pm German time? Some people do have work the next day and need their sleep.

Also agreed means "discussed or negotiated and then accepted by all parties". I don`t see how you can say that admin intervention means agreed. It`s more "dictated"

I Lant Gil-galad

Gil-galad aran edhellen.             Megil dîn and, ecthel dîn laeg,          Da phalan-onur io anand
 I thelegain linnar o then:           Thôl hílol dîn palan-dirnen:              Ú-ben ista had i dhortha
I âr vedui dôr vain a lain           In gil ernediaid menel                     Tinu dîn dannas na dúath
 Min eryd ar i aearon.                Tirnen bo thand gelebren dîn.           Mi Vordor, i nôr-i-merchaint.

Sir Galahad the Pure

• Squire
  • "Always look on the bright side of life!"
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Sir Galahad
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
What the case seems to be for me is an admin abusing his powers (by chance, an admin who's included in one of the teams' roster  :roll:). I don't think both parties should be arguing vs each other but complaining to the admin(s) since it was actually their fault. An official match can never be arranged just 20 mins beforehand, especially when there's a great possibility that the admin who forced both teams to play knew his team would be able to field the required amount of players while, on the other hand, he didn't care if the other team could do that aswell.