[Na5aSide] Last 12 Stage - Deadline 17/11/13

Users who are viewing this thread

Khefren said:
We offered you to play on 5aside servers, which are official servers for the tournament.
Unicorn_Office is an official Nations 5aside server. It was planned to be used for cases like this. I still do not completely understand why neither of the team leaders contacted me in regards the availability of Turkish servers in this match. From my knowledge I have witnessed that Turkey has played Germany in Nations' Cup Final on a German server with a reasonable ping. A ping that is suitable to be played with. 

The outcome is that by using the unofficial server certain limitation towards my job as an admin occur. I cannot check the logs of the server what so ever, requesting one will not be sufficient, thus I cannot check IDs nor confirm the match. The only solution I see in this situation is for both teams to replay the match on Unicorns_Office and Na5aside_Germany_1, 2 or 3. 

I have a question. Why we play on the USA_Event server?(probably, location is west. because we saw 130 pings on unicorn server. and they said "will play on USA_Event server".)

Anyway. We can play again.

Folms said:
Khefren said:
We offered you to play on 5aside servers, which are official servers for the tournament.
Unicorn_Office is an official Nations 5aside server. It was planned to be used for cases like this. I still do not completely understand why neither of the team leaders contacted me in regards the availability of Turkish servers in this match. From my knowledge I have witnessed that Turkey has played Germany in Nations' Cup Final on a German server with a reasonable ping. A ping that is suitable to be played with. 

The outcome is that by using the unofficial server certain limitation towards my job as an admin occur. I cannot check the logs of the server what so ever, requesting one will not be sufficient, thus I cannot check IDs nor confirm the match. The only solution I see in this situation is for both teams to replay the match on Unicorns_Office and Na5aside_Germany_1, 2 or 3.

I was under the impression that uni had contacted you about the match and you weren't being reasonable.

SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?

Miracle Express said:
I have a question. Why we play on the USA_Event server?(probably, location is west. because we saw 130 pings on unicorn server. and they said "will play on USA_Event server".)

Anyway. We can play again.

USA_Event is central NA. We played there because we were NOT going to be forced to play at over 200 ping on your server and let you have 130 on ours. There is an extremely LARGE difference between those pings. Zero already did the math of the averages. It's also important to note that the higher you go the bigger ping inhibits your play. The difference between 30 and 60 is different than the difference between 170 and 200.

Folms, I found new profile photo for you.  :lol:

ud961.png

Khefren said:
Folms, I found new profile photo for you.

ud961.png

Loving your contributions to the thread mate. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, I'd like to add that we're not particularly upset about losing. I think we're more upset because many of us play in several of these nations events, largely because we're the few people from NA who can still tolerate putting up with this, and this kind of unfair ping last minute server admins not being helpful or around pressured into playing by people who barely speak english thing happens too often. This is not the anomaly, this is the norm. We expect to get scumbagged, because it happens so often. This is why a lot of big NA players aren't too found of EU, because they've played on Nations Cup teams and realized how often this happens. Obviously some teams are great about all this, but most are not. It's pretty frustrating that, as Khefren said after 4 years of warband, this is still happening and is still not being dealt with.

SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?

I agree.

But, We are Turk and you are American, right? So, its fair, play NA and Turkey locations. We can't anything for average pings, right mate? We don't know this rules. It's not our fault.

So, you or we must official NA server in Turkey.

Miracle Express said:
SUGGESTION:

I agree.

But, We are Turk and you are American, right? So, its fair, play NA and Turkey locations. We can't anything for average pings, right mate? We don't know this rules. It's not our fault.

So, you or we must official NA server in Turkey.

[quote author=Rules]
Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse.
[/quote]

The fair thing to play is to play on average pings, not on equally titled geographical locations.

Mr.X said:
Rules] Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. [/quote] [/quote] Current for your team. If you know said:
The fair thing to play is to play on average pings, not on equally titled geographical locations.

We can't change geography. We tried be equal pings with your team.

Will be equal pings on Germany and USA servers? Is it fair?

Miracle Express said:
Mr.X said:
Rules] Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse. [/quote] [/quote] Current for your team. If you know said:

Probably. We never tested a German server. Probably because you scheduled the match 30 minutes before hand by simply asking our captain if we could do it in the next 30 minutes.

We did try to tell you. We tested several servers. We contacted an admin who didn't help. There's not much more to do after following all the rules and getting nowhere beyond playing the match or refusing to play the match, which we considered. We chose to play the match because we'd rather play against odds then not play at all. Because (due to your improper manner of scheduling) we didn't know about the match beforehand and we had given up time elsewhere to come play, so it would have been pointless if we ended up not playing.

Miracle Express said:

I must remark that the US is big and if someone in Central USA plays on an Eastern USA server: it's the same as a Turkish players who play on a German server. I agree though that we need a server in the Azores.  :lol:

Folms has spoken, I believe.

Is that not I am crying because we lost, I have no problem losing a fair match up. It just wasnt fair for my teammates to fight with over 200 ping when none of you had that in on a central server. Yes German + East USA server is a more fair of the matchup. If I recall correctly the ping difference will be about 10 or so. So it would be fair to play that. Now if Uni didnt fight for  the server that unfortunate his a very nice guy who likes to accommodate to others.

Killfacer said:
It's pretty impressive winning 2 rounds when your whole team is on like 190 ping.  Congratulations Teutonic.

I agree.

But you Deacon have had a lot of international experience you know that anything above 150 ping is extremely hard to play and that any 10 ping difference makes a huge difference so for them having people play with 170 ping while we had people at 220 ping is not even close. Folms is the admin so its his word, he seemed to have suggested but never actually made a official verdict on this case.

1 = lel eZ
2 = Russia stronk
10 = Hi I'm M
20 = look at me i'm German
30 = polsza
50 = haha i can block dem stabz
65 = shield kickz lel
80 = poor polsza
90 = Kebabot
100 = weird ****
130 = more weird ****
150 = pretty hard
180 = omg
200 = shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
250 = holy **** did i block dat?!?!
300 = fuuu impossibru!!11!1
450 = wtf what killed me?!
500 = DRZ_Nitros why u play dis game...  :lol:

btw i still think USA vs TR should be played completely on france. Might favour TR a bit if str0nk connections like Vasilidean, but in this case, it would have favoured USA most likely (pingwise). This means nobody has to play with 200 pings, but instead everyone plays with roughly around 90 or 100.

Also i still think people should go for slowest speed for home-away!11!1!

Z3ro said:
Killfacer said:
It's pretty impressive winning 2 rounds when your whole team is on like 190 ping.  Congratulations Teutonic.

I agree.

But you Deacon have had a lot of international experience you know that anything above 150 ping is extremely hard to play and that any 10 ping difference makes a huge difference so for them having people play with 170 ping while we had people at 220 ping is not even close. Folms is the admin so its his word, he seemed to have suggested but never actually made a official verdict on this case.
We won those two rounds by chance actually. Once I took only 2 shots and did 2 kills. But that wasn't about ping. One of your players was standing still and I headshot him and I saw he was dead 3 seconds after I send my arrow and my other kill just a second later was fault of your player, he was walking straight, and he was injured before I shot him. You can shoot anyone walking straight that's not about ping or skill. And the other round, which we won, was happened in middle of a argue about whether were we will we have to play the other 2 rounds or not. My point is that was not a ping factor to winning those 2 rounds, that was your fail in teamplay or tactic whatever you say.

Folms said:
The only solution I see in this situation is for both teams to replay the match on Unicorns_Office and Na5aside_Germany_1, 2 or 3.
We spend more than 2 hours to play the match, and you say we will rematch? That is fair for our American friends, I guess they have not a problem about time; but we're working and studying and for my personal situation I can only be active weekends and that's not certain. Is that really fair? We probably won't be able to gather the ace team to play the match.

I really don't understand why people cry for their defeats. You could warn us at least before the match about ping issue or other things which make you cry here. At least we wouldn't spend our time. But you played the whole match without any complaint and agreed to play on those servers, half on ours, half on yours and then crying here for your defeat afterwards. I can't see any fairy thing in this. That's not our fault but yours, we didn't force you to play the match, just asked if we could.

Folms can want us to rematch, but I'm very sure community of Warband will support us by heart at least. Giving the true decision is sharper than sword. Folms can decide what to do, but I'm calling the community to giving the true decision. You can be in the side of justice.

Simo Häyhä said:
We spend more than 2 hours to play the match, and you say we will rematch?
I was contacted by Unicorn yesterday before the match saying how you wanted to play the match within the 30 minutes. You (by you I mean the person talking to Unicorn) then do not reply for quite a while. Which is common with Turkish leaders (no offence). If you spend two hours trying to play the match, why didn't you just contact me? It's not that hard, considering the fact that I'm on 24/6 (literally).

Simo Häyhä said:
but we're working and studying and for my personal situation I can only be active weekends and that's not certain. Is that really fair? We probably won't be able to gather the ace team to play the match.
That is an issue with most players, including myself, however the tournament did start in Autumn when the work/school/universities resume. Yet, you still decided to enter the tournament at your own will, you plus entered ECS tournament on top of this one. I'm not the one to blame for your inactivity. 

Regarding servers, that has been explained in my previous post.

You (by you I mean the person talking to Unicorn) then do not reply for quite a while. Which is common with Turkish leaders (no offence).

It's me. But I must ask to other teammates; "what will i say?" Of course, I need to time while writing english.(1-2 min) If they really want impose "real rules" to us, they shouldn't say "anyway, okay we will play".

Anyway.

Back
Top Bottom