Author Topic: [Na5aSide] Last 12 Stage - Deadline 17/11/13  (Read 9498 times)

Miracle Express

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Twitter - Bullsara_MB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Fearless_Bullsara
  • WB
Re: [Na5aSide] Last 12 Stage - Deadline 17/11/13
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
10-6 Teutonic win.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I just don't really think playing with 200 ping is fun/reasonable for anybody.

We too, mate. We too.

EDIT: Photo were taked via Atari.

Tallie

• Steam - tallie
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: RR_Tallie
  • WBNW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »
EDIT: Photo were taked via Atari.
(click to show/hide)

Miracle Express

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Twitter - Bullsara_MB
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
Yeah, this. But, mine is a bit improved.

Balion Zero

• Master Knight
    • Steam - vrdorjo
    • Twitch.tv - balionzero
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Balion_Veteran_Zero
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
You played with the home-away thingy or only on a Turkish or American server?
They played Home Away system [Turkey Sever / USA Server], however USA was at a severe disadvantage in pings the difference was very notable. Turkey had much lower ping in the USA then the USA team had on Turkish server. Sorry but Turks are known for scumbagging when it comes to servers and wanting us to play with over 200 + ping [some cases 250+] when they dont get that on USA servers [ not even on a central server ]. I didnt make it to the match but I heard what happened and know how it is due to Nations Cup.

As you can see in the screen shots. :

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

USA average ping on Turkish server : 212
USA average ping on USA server : 29

Turkish team average ping on Turkish Server : 14
Turkish team average ping on USA server : 184 [ 181 - first set on USA ]

Explain to me how that's a fair match up ? The only reasonable thing to do was to play EU side of the match in Germany server and USA side on a East Coast server. Instead of doing Turkey Server and Central USA server. The pings would have been more even and it would be more of a balanced match up.

Khefren

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Khefren
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:06 PM »
We offered you to play on 5aside servers, which are official servers for the tournament. And after you rejecting this, we offered you our server and you offered us your server. So you could offer us a server from west side of USA whatever was the server we would play already. That's your bad. Btw as you know this tournament is mainly based on European teams so you must get used to play with high pings after 4 years TW released the game. Each year I'm begging to god for not to play against Americans, because I guess you're very lachrymose, since you cry after all games in which we defeat you guys. Americans also get used to defeat, because we don't want to see you guys crying anymore. :)

Deacon Barry

• Marquis
  • Lord of the Lord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: AE_Deacon
  • WB
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
It's pretty impressive winning 2 rounds when your whole team is on like 190 ping.  Congratulations Teutonic.

Airelhach

• Baron
  • It's time to begin, isn't it?
    • Skype - Airelhach
    • Steam - airelhach
    • Twitter - Airelhach
    • Twitch.tv - Airelhach
    • YouTube - Airelhach
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Airelhach
  • WBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
It's pretty impressive winning 2 rounds when your whole team is on like 190 ping.  Congratulations Teutonic.
Yeah, Archer spam works everywhere. :) Thanks :)

Folms

• Steam - Folms
    • Twitter - Folms_
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Folms
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
We offered you to play on 5aside servers, which are official servers for the tournament.
Unicorn_Office is an official Nations 5aside server. It was planned to be used for cases like this. I still do not completely understand why neither of the team leaders contacted me in regards the availability of Turkish servers in this match. From my knowledge I have witnessed that Turkey has played Germany in Nations' Cup Final on a German server with a reasonable ping. A ping that is suitable to be played with. 

The outcome is that by using the unofficial server certain limitation towards my job as an admin occur. I cannot check the logs of the server what so ever, requesting one will not be sufficient, thus I cannot check IDs nor confirm the match. The only solution I see in this situation is for both teams to replay the match on Unicorns_Office and Na5aside_Germany_1, 2 or 3. 

Miracle Express

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Twitter - Bullsara_MB
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »
I have a question. Why we play on the USA_Event server?(probably, location is west. because we saw 130 pings on unicorn server. and they said "will play on USA_Event server".)

Anyway. We can play again.

Airelhach

• Baron
  • It's time to begin, isn't it?
    • Skype - Airelhach
    • Steam - airelhach
    • Twitter - Airelhach
    • Twitch.tv - Airelhach
    • YouTube - Airelhach
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Airelhach
  • WBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Now I understand you're another servant of imperialism Folms. :lol:

Mr.X

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
We offered you to play on 5aside servers, which are official servers for the tournament.
Unicorn_Office is an official Nations 5aside server. It was planned to be used for cases like this. I still do not completely understand why neither of the team leaders contacted me in regards the availability of Turkish servers in this match. From my knowledge I have witnessed that Turkey has played Germany in Nations' Cup Final on a German server with a reasonable ping. A ping that is suitable to be played with. 

The outcome is that by using the unofficial server certain limitation towards my job as an admin occur. I cannot check the logs of the server what so ever, requesting one will not be sufficient, thus I cannot check IDs nor confirm the match. The only solution I see in this situation is for both teams to replay the match on Unicorns_Office and Na5aside_Germany_1, 2 or 3.

I was under the impression that uni had contacted you about the match and you weren't being reasonable.

SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?

I have a question. Why we play on the USA_Event server?(probably, location is west. because we saw 130 pings on unicorn server. and they said "will play on USA_Event server".)

Anyway. We can play again.

USA_Event is central NA. We played there because we were NOT going to be forced to play at over 200 ping on your server and let you have 130 on ours. There is an extremely LARGE difference between those pings. Zero already did the math of the averages. It's also important to note that the higher you go the bigger ping inhibits your play. The difference between 30 and 60 is different than the difference between 170 and 200.

Khefren

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Khefren
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 11:09:01 PM »
Folms, I found new profile photo for you.  :lol:

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:19:48 PM by Khefren »

Mr.X

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »
Folms, I found new profile photo for you.

(click to show/hide)

Loving your contributions to the thread mate. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, I'd like to add that we're not particularly upset about losing. I think we're more upset because many of us play in several of these nations events, largely because we're the few people from NA who can still tolerate putting up with this, and this kind of unfair ping last minute server admins not being helpful or around pressured into playing by people who barely speak english thing happens too often. This is not the anomaly, this is the norm. We expect to get scumbagged, because it happens so often. This is why a lot of big NA players aren't too found of EU, because they've played on Nations Cup teams and realized how often this happens. Obviously some teams are great about all this, but most are not. It's pretty frustrating that, as Khefren said after 4 years of warband, this is still happening and is still not being dealt with.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:21:35 PM by Mr.X »

Miracle Express

• Grandmaster Knight
    • Twitter - Bullsara_MB
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »
SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?

I agree.

But, We are Turk and you are American, right? So, its fair, play NA and Turkey locations. We can't anything for average pings, right mate? We don't know this rules. It's not our fault.

So, you or we must official NA server in Turkey.

Mr.X

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »
SUGGESTION:

I agree.

But, We are Turk and you are American, right? So, its fair, play NA and Turkey locations. We can't anything for average pings, right mate? We don't know this rules. It's not our fault.

So, you or we must official NA server in Turkey.

Quote from: Rules
Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse.

The fair thing to play is to play on average pings, not on equally titled geographical locations.