The Dark Age:Viking Raiders (V0.3 IS out! Scenes creator needed)

What do you think would be better?

• New heroes(5),bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • New heroes,new quests

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Bigger parties,new quests

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • New quests

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New heroes

• Bigger parties

• Bigger parties,new heroes

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerdiadITA

Squire
It's the 867 A.D.the Dane brothers Ivar and Ubba Lothbrokson invaded and conquered the kingdom of Nothumbria.
So the armies of the others two great saxon kingdoms of Britain,Mercia and Wessex,prepare themselves for the new times
of blood and war,diffidents to each one.
But there's someone else that looks the new incoming conflict,the ancient inhabitants of Albion:the northern population of the Scots and the ancient kingdom
of the Brittons.They are waiting the weakness of the other contenders to regain their ancestral lands,with a payment of blood.
Furthmore,in the near Ireland,the Norwegians and the Irish are fighting a cruel battle for the supremacy of the island,and more than it,the same survival.
And in a time of war,blood,rage and fury,those who'll fight with braveness will gain great honours and riches.
It's an age of darkness,it's an age of Glory!

LINK for the repository(V 0.3) : https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=619

LINK for the video : http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgT5gebJd8 (Scots against Danes)

FEATURES:
5 new factions(Mercia,Wessex,Danes,Scots and Brittons).
Completely new troop trees for each faction,bandits and mercenaries.
Added many new items that replace all the non-period native items.
A new map that cover Britain and Ireland.

New Mercenaries and Bandits parties.
Hero management(borrowed from BoW).

Naval battles.
Monasteries raids.

New heroes.
New dialogues.
A more foot-focused combat style.
Historical names for kings and lords.

New quests.
New scenes.

Team Members:
FerdiadITA
Ubberdorc

CREDITS:
For the map:
Kolba(Land of Ethernal Youth)

For some new items:
Mirathei(Pirates of Calradia)
James
Luigi(Dukes and Mercenaries)
???(Xpack swords)

For the new horses:
Chel(Expanded Gameplay II)

For the hero management code:
HardCode(Band of Warrior)

For the saxons troop tree:
MorgTzu(Northumbria 1069)

SCREENSHOTS

Wow, sounds good :grin:  I've been waiting for one of these.

Will this be centered on England itself, or on the British Isles as a whole?  If it's the latter, I'd suggest adding a Celtic/Pict faction, that uses minimal armour but has insane weapon skill.

Good idea, or no?

I think that it's a good idea,but adding Scots or Pits,or Irish,means a lot of other work,and until I have to done the project all alone,they won't be implemented in the first release,probably later.

P.S. anyone knows some good modding tutorials for M&B?

Well the Celts at this time, barring the Scots and Irish, are actually Romano-British and saw themselves as the remnants of civilisation resisting the barbarous Saxons, even though the Saxons by now had actually calmed down quite considerably (By the standards of the time at least). Even the Scots wouldn't have been running around topless at this time, the Roman age had beaten into people that formations and superior armour won battles, not just running headfirst into danger though the Hero culture of the 'barbarian' peoples was preserved almost all people in Britain at this time would have fought in tightly packed shieldwall formations barring of course the ambushes and sudden raids that the Vikings and Britons so enjoyed.

Will Kernow (Cornwall) be included in the Briton faction? Although they were recently (at the time) crushed by King Egbert in 814 who cleansed them 'from east to west' Kernow remained a independent kingdom though frequently involved in fighting with Wessex as the saxons slowly absorbed more and more land untill the current border at the Tamar was set in the 900s and the Cornish lost their independence sometime afterward (Though anyone who's been to Cornwall can attest to them still being very distinct from the rest of the English).

I can't model myself unfortunately but if you need any writing done for characters etc. or historical advice let me know.

The Cornwalum will be surely be of Brittons,and maybe it could be a standalone faction,but i'm not sure,because it's not different from the Brittons of the Wales,and divided by an incredible number of kings.
About the Scots,i agree with you that are not the barbarians that had fight the Romans anymore,but they will be important for the vikings invasion only a hundreds years later,with Domnhall of Mar,so i'm still reluctant about adding them,as i already said before.
thanks anyway for the good information  :smile:.

Wow! It's the third mod about Britaian (first was Skirmish: Britannia, second was mine).

Are you going to create the society advanced society system? Here I write some info:

The 10 to 30 families creates the village - the Anglo - Saxon life section. It is managed by the small group of people, moot, what is gathering under tree, or on the hill, and they are talking about important matters like a sharing the fields etc. In this gatherings people are selecting the reeve - man who will be a mayor governor of village, and woodreeve - an admnistrator of near forests. In every village there is a noble, thegn or thane, the leader in time of war. Under the noble is a free man who only must do the trinoda necessitas - millitary service and repair of roads and bridges.

I'll write more tommorow.

Naridill said:
I'll say this in an as soothing manner as possible. If you don't include Norwegians, I will crack your back open, tear out your still beating heart and shove it up your arse.

Well,after a so convincent argument I think that it should be better to close the poll and go to make some norwegians troops :grin:

Thanks for support anyway,Kolba and Naridill :smile:.

You could use the old hauberk texture as well. While the new hauberk is nice, the different metal color makes it look mismatched.

First release is coming in about a week :smile:.(Sorry Naridill,Norwegians are for the next version)

Bloid said:
You could use the old hauberk texture as well. While the new hauberk is nice, the different metal color makes it look mismatched.

I'm not sure what you're talking about,please explain more.

Screenshots looks nice, but i noticed that there is a warrior with a horned helmet. That is very cheesy! In fact, helmets with horns are a product of 19th century romantic fashion of art (literature and opera, for particular). Viking battles were fought in a verry close line formations, and horns on your head would be a real pain in the ass during such a battle. I hope NOT to see horns in the upcoming mod.

Ferd, you are welcome to use any of the troop tree info for the saxons from my mod if you so desire. See page 13 of the mod in my sig. Have to agree on the horned helm thing, but it's just preference.

BTW, that helmet with a face guard (whitch is used verry common in vanilla game), in viking times, was used mostly for ceremonial purposes. If you are wearing it in battle, you are risking that if an oponent hits you in the head with a spear, the speartip would slide off the face guard directly into you eye. Actually, the most common helmet among viking upper class warriors (huscarls i mean, fighters from a lower social strata or youngsters rarerly weared any helmet at all) was the spangelhelm, a pretty simple helmet with a noseguard, and a small spike on top ot the head.
I am also wery glad to hear that there will be a weapon like seax and langseax, that adds much realism.
You shouldn't put too much swords in the game, because swords were very rare and valued at those times, mainly because they were extremely dificult to make. People even went grave robbing to get them! For historical realism sake, axes and spears should be more common the mod.

Hrotgaar said:
BTW, that helmet with a face guard (whitch is used verry common in vanilla game), in viking times, was used mostly for ceremonial purposes. If you are wearing it in battle, you are risking that if an oponent hits you in the head with a spear, the speartip would slide off the face guard directly into you eye. Actually, the most common helmet among viking upper class warriors (huscarls i mean, fighters from a lower social strata or youngsters rarerly weared any helmet at all) was the spangelhelm, a pretty simple helmet with a noseguard, and a small spike on top ot the head.
I am also wery glad to hear that there will be a weapon like seax and langseax, that adds much realism.
You shouldn't put too much swords in the game, because swords were very rare and valued at those times, mainly because they were extremely dificult to make. People even went grave robbing to get them! For historical realism sake, axes and spears should be more common the mod.

Yes,I know that horns on your helmet are just a point to take you down on a battlefield,and that aren't historically correct.
In fact troops won't use them,I've inserted one just for those players who may prefer the image of a 19th century viking instead of a real one,it's in just for fun :smile:.

MorgTzu said:
Ferd, you are welcome to use any of the troop tree info for the saxons from my mod if you so desire. See page 13 of the mod in my sig. Have to agree on the horned
helm thing, but it's just preference.

Thank you MorgTzu,it looks really useful,probably I'll use it,thanks again.

hi great ideas just wan't to make the point that it was picts who fought the romans not scots the scots did argue but did not fight until the jacabite period and also the suggestion at the begining of the game choose a faction you are a lord or lady of choose a town village or manor house that each have different upgrades eg a village can have its normal upgrades but if you build a manor it turns to a manor house  manor house upgrades would be walls, stables, hordings, moat and towers that turn it into a town and a towns upgrades would be barraks machicolations(stone  wooden hordings) and also guilds taverns and fields

guilds would be for herders, squires, hunters, wariors,horse trainers and heros and you get the choose of two which you are in already . a messanger would come evry week to tell you where the meeting is being held and you can ask for troops food weapons and help with your upgrades(build faster about 10 days of the ovarall time when you ask) if you can't make it you say you can't but what you want.

feilds would be for sheep, horses, cattle and pigs you could travel round on your horse (you would be given one for this purpose if you did not have one) and cuold herd the animals you wanted to take to a pen where they would HAVE TO STAY UNTIL YOU LEFTand you could split the inventory halve for items 1/4 food and 1/4 animals so you do not have to arrange the items and food horses all the time
Code:
random ideas i would help but have know idea how to mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom