Singleplayer PERSISTENT WORLD

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any version where can I play this mod but with bots on my offline server or LAN server?
Or some similar mod to this, I tried everything all day searching the google and nothing, I don't understand python and module editing , I just want some offline playing with bots, if you can help me please answer!! Thanks! I'm shure that others are interested in this

The bots in PW are only for testing combat related things as a developer: this module was rewritten from scratch focused on multiplayer modes with only human players. Bots are basically just extremely stupid attack drones, using only the basic behaviours hard coded into the game engine.

Scorpia said:
There is a thing very similar to what you want, called Native.
That is just stupid... Native is nothing like PW. The whole point of a mod is to change the game and thats what PW does so don't insult other people for wanting a single-player version by saying that Native is the same thing... idiot...

Arconia, I do agree with you about the single-player. It would be nice to have a singleplayer version of this mod and not have to rely on other real people to be on a server, but the entire purpose of PW is teamwork, so i highly doubt the makers will make a singleplayer version. It would have to be a separate mod or videogame altogether for that to happen.

rangerhalt777 said:
Scorpia said:
That is just stupid... Native is nothing like PW. The whole point of a mod is to change the game and thats what PW does so don't insult other people for wanting a single-player version by saying that Native is the same thing... idiot...

Show me where I insulted him mate. Then come back to me.

gamester494 said:
Play in an empty server.

True.

I would just like to point out that there would be literally no use of one person in a pw server. If you happen to mean something along the lines of the vanilla singleplayer taking place on large maps like this, I would point out that Mount and Blade does not support that kind of AI.

Scorpia said:
rangerhalt777 said:
Scorpia said:

Show me where I insulted him mate. Then come back to me.

The way you said it made it sound like an insult. It was in a "matter-of-fact" way

gamester494 said:
Play in an empty server.

The whole point of his post was that playing on empty servers is boring as hell. Playing on an empty server is not fun at all because there is no one to play with.. no NPCs... The point of a singleplayer would be to have NPC's and be able to play by yourself with no reliance on the availability of other people in the real world.

I think the idea is a very good one, and one definitely worth investigating to an extent.  But to convert Persistent World to Single Player Persistent world would, in my opinion, take massive amounts of Behavioral AI coding.  But providing the engine can support it, (Which considering how much of a conversion PW was from Vanilla I would say that it is possible) and someone or team of someones was willing to put in the effort I would say that it is an idea which could come to life, and if it did become reality, it could work as a saving grace for many Persistent mods already in existence which unfortunately despite their greatness have "died" simply because of the fact that it relies on multiplayer for its "life."

As a summary, I think it is a good idea (A great idea in fact) and providing someone with sufficient knowledge and expertise in AI programming were willing to put in the effort, I believe that it is possible.  If I am wrong however and the game engine would not support this level of AI programming (Which is also possible considering vanilla did not even master pathfinding) then it is up to someone to take the idea and make a whole new game from scratch.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Nice necro, and this will never happen. It would take too much effort to make AI that intelligent. Maybe eventually when AI are smarter than humans, but not now.

Oops. hope I did not spark a flame war.

And sorry but I only looked at the month of the last post, forgot to look at the year.  :lol:

But anyway.  Yeah I spoke to Vornne and he said it is possible, (as I thought) but he also pointed out that it would take a very, very large amount of work.  And he also said that it would be easier to start from native as opposed to converting from PW, (Because when you think about it, the bulk of the changes and scripts would be oriented around AI instead of actual objects and such.)

I do envision it somewhat similar to what the game Banished does.  The way that works is that there are X amount of npcs, Y amount are assigned to job A, Z amount are assigned to job B and..... W amount are assigned to job C.  Now Y, Z and W, can be interchanged between each other at any given moment and the AI decides which NPC will do which job, with no specification from player, it is fully automated.  If in the case of AI factions they would have to implement a script which would cause the Lord to rearrange occupations based on the situation of his castle.  (For instance at war he might assign a greater amount to soldiery, in the case of a food crisis more serfs and herdsmen, and in the case of a stock crisis more smiths...etc)

Something like that may be an idea, but I can see (Even with my noob eyes) that that would take huge amounts of work and scripting to implement.

Perhaps it would be better to see if the exact idea of PW for singleplayer could be completely remade as an independent game in itself, it may even be easier for someone to start from scratch than to try and make it from Warband.  Well we'll see I guess.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Back
Top Bottom