[Na5aSide] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone, this is it.

Floms made a really good system of defining who deserves his spot the most.

First round: Random Team vs Random Team and Random Team vs Random Team
Second round: First Winner vs Second winner and First Loser vs Second Loser
Third round: Winner of the loser match vs Loser of the winner match

Round difference matters absolutely nothing in this system.

The ones that qualify all have won two matches and not by luck, but by beating the team that would otherwise qualify. Good job Folms!

Indeed, but this is the structure I am using explained in the diagram (courtesy of Lust):
groupphase2.PNG
This structure is also used right now in ECS group stage.

[quote author=Mr.X]
SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?
[/quote]

Folms said:
You were not in a group stage with them. This isn't a group stage, this is a knockout stage.

Mr.X said:
[quote author=Mr.X]
SUGGESTION:
In the last 2 or 3 nations events I've taken part in, USA and TURKEY have been paired up fairly early. In fact I believe there were 2 turkish teams in our group last time. I know its supposed to be random seeding and all, but wouldn't it make sense to attempt to avoid NA vs TURKEY matches by purposefully splitting them in the group stages and only playing them if necessary?

[/quote]

Still, its the first round of the knockout stage, correct? I would consider that fairly early. A better argument would be:

"we want to get it out of the way early because what if we avoid it so long that it because a USA vs TUR final which would be really stupid"

to which I would reply

"USA vs TUR is always really stupid, regardless of placement in the tournament, but by delaying it you at least have a better chance of avoiding the matchup altogether."

Yes, but how does that help the situation altogether? You will, most likely, still have the same problems, and those problems won't escape just because it's a later stage in the tournament.

Folms said:
Yes, but how does that help the situation altogether? You will, most likely, still have the same problems, and those problems won't escape just because it's a later stage in the tournament.

If either team gets knocked out before then the problem disappears instead of forcing the problem on the first round you give it a chance to disappear.

Could be a thought. However, not only there is a problem with Turkey. You could also assume the same for Russia. The situation there could be even more severe.
In that case, it will be very difficult to make sure all the NA/Canada teams avoid Russia/Turkey.

Folms said:
Could be a thought. However, not only there is a problem with Turkey. You could also assume the same for Russia. The situation there could be even more severe.
In that case, it will be very difficult to make sure all the NA/Canada teams avoid Russia/Turkey.

Example:
First knockout stage:

NA vs Canada
Russia vs Turkey

Two problems avoided.

But then eventually there is a chance that either Russia or Turkey will meet up with either NA or Canada (which will cause the exact same problem). I am unable to manipulate the knockout stage from quarter final and on-wards.

Folms said:
But then eventually there is a chance that either Russia or Turkey will meet up with either NA or Canada (which will cause the exact same problem). I am unable to manipulate the knockout stage from quarter final and on-wards.

Yes, but in all the matches leading up to that, there is a chance that Russia/Turkey USA/Canada (NA implies both) is knocked out. Again, the ideas is that, instead of guaranteeing a problem match by facing them off early, you AT LEAST have the chance of avoiding it by putting them far away on the bracket/groups. YES its possible they still meet up, but this way there is also a possibility of them NOT meeting up. As opposed to forcing them to meet up.

Could be a thought, and something to consider for the next tournament.
But I cannot do (nor want to) anything in the current ladder of the knockout stage. Thanks X.

Mr.X said:
Folms said:

Example:
First knockout stage:

NA vs Canada
Russia vs Turkey

Two problems avoided.

RUS vs TR = problems with ping.

Here's a solution to this problem:

First groups in tournament:

USA
Canada
Finland

UK