SP Fantasy Hyborian Steel VERSION 2 - Now Available

Users who are viewing this thread

Stone

Squire
"Hyborian Steel v2" is a Mod for M&B version .903 now available from the Repository: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=726

Hyboria is a violent and unforgiving land, where steel determines the outcome of battles and wars, and even who will be King. You can join a faction, or answer to no one, and your conquest of Southern Hyboria is posible without giving your oath to any kingdom. You can serve as a mercenary captian for a limited time to any kingdom, or not. The choice is yours.

Version 2 Updates
- Increased overall sense of immersion into Hyboria
- Incorporated multiple suggestions for improvement from thread feedback
- Addition of tough Warrior Nomads throughout the map
- Improved skills, weapons, and armor for selected troops in each faction
- Revised hero skills, weapons and armor
- Improved map terrain

Let courage guide you, and may Crom grant you victory!

Credits
- Ashes42 for continued use of Bandit King
- HokieBT for troop editor
- Seff for town siege fix

Pending Completion
- Fixing the disappearance of "Intelligence" points distributed to a hero.  This will be fixed in the Summer, with a possible release of an overhauled Hyborian Steel mod in another region of Hyboria.

hsv2wz2.jpg

Looks very interesting! I have yet to try the Bandit King mod, but from what I've heard it's great.

If the mod you're doing is anything like the celebrated Bandit King mod I'm sure you'll have plenty of people helping you soon.

Nice screenshots! :wink:

The horse armour is cool. :cool:

I cant wait to unleash the dreadful and immense power of the recurved hyrkanian bow upon my enemies. And then hear the lamentations of their women.
But if this is set in the southern part og Howards hyborean world, remember, curved swords. Curved.

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.  I appreciate it.

Please send me a PM if you are willing to instruct me in the most simple steps to rename the existent 5 factions and 2 heroes.

Textures in Hyborian Steel will not all be my own, but permission will of course be obtained and credits highlighted.  All file changes are only added to the Hyborian Steel module directory, so the main texture directory files will not be affected.  This is also applicable for banners.

The Hyborian Steel mod is nearly complete, and I included new screenshots and a status report on the first page.  Everything has been thoroughly tested throughout the process, and should be bug free.  As promised, I will release this in two weeks to allow for some final tweaks and ensure that players feel an immersion into Hyboria.

very cool project.

ever since i first tried M&B, being a huge REH fan, i wanted to play Hyborian mod!
btw, will you be including Northern kingdoms? i feel like Aquilonia, Cimmeria, Nemedia etc. are really indispensable for Hyboria mod.

Thank you for the encouraging feedback.  Hyboria is very vast, and to ensure that I did not overextend myself and take months to develop this, to ensure a bug free mod, and most importantly that players feel immersed into the lore, I limited the map to the Southern Hyboria kingdoms of Shem, Stygia, Kush, Darfar, and Keshan.  Depending on the feedback when this is released, I may decide to release additional Hyboria mods next year focusing on other regions.

The pics look great. It's just nice to have a few mods that just let the player experience a different land without, like you said...having an "overextended" mod. Look forward to it... after .9 release maybe?

coolio. Looking forward to playing a shemite.

are you changing troop trees so they reflect the armies? i.e. shemites being predominately ranged weapon based?

Thanks for the feedback.  I was hoping to release the mod in two weeks, but with .90 just released not sure yet.

With the 3 recent M&B updates it will take me some additional time to revise and test everything for .902  I anticipate release of Hyborian Steel in the first week or so of January (mumbles a prayer to Crom to keep the M&B updates at bay in Valhalla until mid next year).   :roll:

I'll be sure to keep the status updates on the first post current.

I have owned M&B since version 751, am a frequent forum visitor but infrequent poster. I came across this thread today and I thought I should chime in and say that I can't wait for this mod! I am a huge fan of R E Howard and the universe he created. I was wondering if you were limiting the factions to 5 because of a faction limitation within M&B modding or is it that it would be too much work for one person to release a mod with more? There are over 40 regions/ethnic groups in Hyboria as seen in the Etymology list on THIS PAGE and I would like to offer any/all assistance I can to expand the scope of this mod. I have no  prior M&B modding xp but have modded OFP/ArmA and am a swift learner. Just a thought, anxiously awaiting release.

Back
Top Bottom