SOD compatability with Morgh's editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Lorescribe1

Recruit
I love the SOD mod. Have since it was a wee idea back in the cyclohexane days on vanilla M&B. So, for starters, thanks for carrying the torch ahead!

I like to play it with a few added perks (it's single player, sue me). I like to make the villainese ridiculous archers, like to mod one type of horse, one type of bow, faith ranged troops, and my chosen companions. IE a few items and a few troops.

This was all fine in previous versions of this mod BUT in the recent release, the Item_kinds1 file has a quirk. Instead of beginning each item entry with itm_whatever_thehell_item, each entry starts with:

C Some_item_blah numbers
O More_items_stuff
M Again_itema;ldfkjaldfkj
P filler_blahblah
U alka;tehalhe
T al;df;ahjere
I alsd;kh;waeh
C alws;kehrae
A awlhra;ehr

The non-standard item prefixes go unrecognized by the editors out there that use .txt systems (for us laymen), and render the editors for both troops and items completely useless.

SO! 1) I'm curious if there is a file somewhere that has standard item prefixes.
2) can I use an older Item file that does have standard (3.0 or whatever older one i have)
3) do you know a way to make the editors look for your prefixes
4) is this an issue if I just DL the module system instead of using .txt editors
5) WHY! I mean, I get it, it's your mod, but this seems a needless layer of back-end muddling.

Thanks for the help here and for your efforts on this mod.

Hello!
Made an account just to share my thoughts with you.
I think, that the creator of SoD made this on purpose, dunno why  :???: , I mean, sure, its his mod, he can do watever he wants, but that quiver thingy just wont get off my mind, I mostly play single, so he should not mind.
That particular text editor you propably mean propably wont get updated, so I went on a little cracking crusade in excel Xd.
Right now i cant spare much time, but I will tell if I can find an easy way to bypass it  :lol: . I would like to know his motives tho

Okay, got it, easier than I thought, but annoying.
Notepad->change all c to itm_no_item , then all o, etc. now you can open it normally, although you have to browse it manually, then you change all itm_no_item to c , worked for me, idk if you can leave it at itm_no_itm  (should work if it can accept all "c").

Back
Top Bottom