[OSP] Dark Robin's OSPs

Users who are viewing this thread

Bloc said:
Yeah slap everyone's amateur era's mistakes to their face.Thats what we came here , arent we?
He probably an amateur at this time and If you are an amateur you can ask help because Its a "forum"

You completely missed the point. Sherlock Holmes offered some proper advice, cwr would do well to follow that.
Besides, i already apologised just incase it was a miss interpretation of words.

produno said:
Sherlock Holmes offered some proper advice, cwr would do well to follow that.
I may make a scene pack, at some point. :smile:

And I forgot to say,
Bloc said:
Yeah slap everyone's amateur era's mistakes to their face.Thats what we came here , arent we?
I think he was showing GoldEagle that we were all amateurs at some point, so he shouldn't be so harsh with me. But anyway, thats behind us now, me and GoldEagle are cool with each other now. :smile:

GoldEagleMNE said:
Not trying to argue but why did he write this then?:razz:
produno said:
Your not quite as good as you think you are Goldeagle

I wasnt being harsh just honest:razz: If you cant handle the truth then gtfo.
I think he said that because you were flaming me earlier, so he decided you needed to be humbled.

Anyway, I plan on making some models for some misc items that you won't see in a scene, such as goods. That will be done... Eventually. I'm really bad at modeling and texturing, so it will take me a while. :???:

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. Ninja'd. :razz:

Keep working on that scene, on one of the screenshots one building has a door that is partly under the ground. It's a small thing, but to make your scene as realistic as possible you might want to adjust it.

produno said:
Because its true :smile:
And where did I mention my modding skills? I've been modding this game a long time and I never bragged about my modding skills. I don' t know where you've got that idea but I dont really care:razz:
I know you've got angry when I rudely refused to merge our two mods together and I apologized to you for being rude after some time. Why do I still sense hostility between us?
Lets stick to the topic. :razz:

GoldEagleMNE said:
And where did I mention my modding skills? I've been modding this game a long time and I never bragged about my modding skills. I don' t know where you've got that idea but I dont really care:razz:
I know you've got angry when I rudely refused to merge our two mods together and I apologized to you for being rude after some time. Why do I still sense hostility between us?
Lets stick to the topic. :razz:
Please fight with produno somewhere else. You both have some correct arguments about each other, but take it somewhere else, please. Produno came to my defense, thats no reason to start a fight with him.

gokiller said:
Keep working on that scene, on one of the screenshots one building has a door that is partly under the ground. It's a small thing, but to make your scene as realistic as possible you might want to adjust it.
I hadn't noticed that, I'll check it out. Thanks! :grin:

GoldEagleMNE said:
I know you've got angry when I rudely refused to merge our two mods together

Then you were very miss-informed, merging mods was not on the table, stop trying to provoke an argument. Your apology was accepted and i would hope we have both moved on from that.

Good luck with your scenes cwr, their will always be a need for epic scenes, you dont see many in the osp section. You should try doing some complex town scenes then release them as osp including the correct code to incorporate them.

Produno and GoldEagle, stop responding to each other please. You're both great modders, and the past is the past. :smile:

I'll do some town scenes soon, but I want to get better at AI meshes first. :smile:

Speaking of which, has anyone tested the village scene yet? Does the AI mesh work? (sorry I didn't have time to test it before releasing it)

Edit: I tested the AI mesh, and it works. :smile:

I have added some code to the OSP, you may now attack whoever you want when you come upon a battle. :smile:

Your OSP code has an error: if you aid the attackers you'll get a -5 relation. What I did to fix it is this:

(
    "pre_join",0,
    "You come across a battle between {s2} and {s1}. You decide to...",
    "none",
    [
        (str_store_party_name, 1,"$g_encountered_party"),
        (str_store_party_name, 2,"$g_encountered_party_2"),
      ],
    [
      ("pre_join_help_attackers",[
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
#          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
#          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (ge, ":attacker_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":defender_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Move in to help the {s2}.",[
        (try_begin),
      (eq,"$players_kingdom","$g_encountered_party_faction"),
(assign, "$player_has_homage", 0),
        (call_script, "script_player_leave_faction", 0),
        (assign, "$g_recalculate_ais", 1),
        (try_end),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", 2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", -2),

(call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":defender_faction", ":defender_relation"),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":attacker_faction", ":attacker_relation"),
              (select_enemy,0),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
              (jump_to_menu,"mnu_join_battle")]),
      ("pre_join_help_defenders",[
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":attacker_faction", "$g_encountered_party_2"),
#          (store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (store_faction_of_party, ":defender_faction", "$g_encountered_party"),
#          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
#          (ge, ":defender_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":attacker_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
        (try_begin),
        (try_end),

(store_relation, ":attacker_relation", ":attacker_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
          (store_relation, ":defender_relation", ":defender_faction", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", -2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", 2),

(call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":defender_faction", ":defender_relation"),
        (call_script, "script_set_player_relation_with_faction",":attacker_faction", ":attacker_relation"),
              (select_enemy,1),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party"),
      ("pre_join_leave",[],"Don't get involved.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

+5 and -5 was too much in my opinion so I changed it to 2. I don't know why you used the val_min operation, though.

guspav said:
Your OSP code has an error: if you aid the attackers you'll get a -5 relation. What I did to fix it is this:

(
    "pre_join",0,
    "You come across a battle between {s2} and {s1}. You decide to...",
    "none",
    [
        (str_store_party_name, 1,"$g_encountered_party"),
        (str_store_party_name, 2,"$g_encountered_party_2"),
      ],
    [
      ("pre_join_help_attackers",[
#          (ge, ":attacker_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":defender_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Move in to help the {s2}.",[
        (try_begin),
        (try_end),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", 2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", -2),

(select_enemy,0),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
      ("pre_join_help_defenders",[
#          (ge, ":defender_relation", 0),
#          (lt, ":attacker_relation", 0),
          ],
          "Rush to the aid of the {s1}.",[
        (try_begin),
        (try_end),

(val_add, ":attacker_relation", -2),
        (val_add, ":defender_relation", 2),

(select_enemy,1),
              (assign,"$g_enemy_party","$g_encountered_party_2"),
              (assign,"$g_ally_party","$g_encountered_party"),
      ("pre_join_leave",[],"Don't get involved.",[(leave_encounter),(change_screen_return)]),
    ]
  ),

+5 and -5 was too much in my opinion so I changed it to 2. I don't know why you used the val_min operation, though.
Can you explain why you turned the -2 and 2 around on the first set of relation codes?
I understand the change from -5 and 5.

Because helping or fighting against the attacker was yielding the same results, the same as fighting or helping the defender. What this fix does is improve the relations with the faction you are helping and worsen it with the one you are attacking (as it should be). I changed it to 2 and -2 because otherwise faction relations could climb incredibly fast and it would alter the mechanics of how my mod (Phantasy Calradia) deals with the recruiting from towns.

guspav said:
Because helping or fighting against the attacker was yielding the same results, the same as fighting or helping the defender. What this fix does is improve the relations with the faction you are helping and worsen it with the one you are attacking (as it should be). I changed it to 2 and -2 because otherwise faction relations could climb incredibly fast and it would alter the mechanics of how my mod (Phantasy Calradia) deals with the recruiting from towns.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I didn't see that it would happen like that. :smile: 

I think your scenes are okay, useful to community. But your codes -as they are merely a bugfix each for an already-existing work around and also doesn't require a godly effort to achieve- should you not include them as your main OSP. Better publish your scenes as OSP rather than codes really. As you are "literally" stealing ideas of concepts.

I didn't steal the codes, I just couldn't find any other OSP for attacking whoever you want, so I made my code for it an OSP. I just based my code off of the Native pre_join menu.

Guspav, thanks for the fix, I've added it to the main post. :smile:

I didn't say that. I said you are doing something that is done before, both released as OSP and used in various mods.
Which benefits nobody really.
Check the Python script exchange thread.

The Dark Robin said:
I didn't steal the codes, I just couldn't find any other OSP for attacking whoever you want, so I made my code for it an OSP. I just based my code off of the Native pre_join menu.

Guspav, thanks for the fix, I've added it to the main post. :smile:

You are very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom