MP Musket Era Ruhm für Bayern (Glory for Bavaria): A Kgl.Bayern Mini-Mod Series + More!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetschulat

Banned
6e1.png

1790 brought a fundamental reform of the Bavarian army. All field troops received identically-cut uniforms, including a leather helmet with horsehair plume known as the "Rumford Casket" after the then minister for war Count Rumford. However, Maximilian IV found the army in abject condition on his accession to the throne in 1799: hardly any of the units was at full strength, the Rumford uniforms were unpopular and impractical, and the troops were badly-trained. The young Prince-Elector, who had served under the Ancien Régime in France as a colonel in the Royal Deux-Ponts regiment, made reconstruction of the army a priority. The line infantry was reduced to ten regiments, which were made up to their full strength. Two Jäger regiments were divided into four light infantry battalions. The cavalry consisted of three regiments of light cavalry and two each of dragoons and cuirassiers. The infantry returned to their traditional light blue, and in 1801 all branches of service introduced the Raupenhelm, a helmet with fore-and-aft horsehair plume, which became characteristic of the Bavarian army. Capable generals such as Deroy, Wrede and Triva reformed the army along French lines, and it soon became the most modern in Germany, and the first in Germany to abolish flogging. The field army was based largely on compulsory military service, and a national guard with three classes was also developed (1st class: Reserve battalions of the Line regiments; 2nd class: Territorial army; 3rd class: Citizen levy). In 1800, Bavaria reluctantly fought on Austria's side against France, but in 1805 when Austria attacked Bavaria for the third time in 100 years, they found a powerful army. The Bavarians retreated initially, but only in order to link up with Napoleon's advancing army and to prepare the counter-attack, which took place quickly, methodically and thoroughly. 30,000 Bavarian troops took part in the successful Siege of Ulm and the consequent liberation of Bavaria. At the Battle of Austerlitz, the Bavarians secured the flanks and supply lines of Napoleon's army and in 1806-7 they forced several Prussian forts to surrender. Bavaria was awarded the Austrian province of Tyrol as a reward, but unrest erupted into a full-blown rebellion under Andreas Hofer in 1809, which could only be put down with French assistance. When Austria attacked Bavaria once more in 1809, Napoleon's army was concentrated in Spain, and it was troops of the Confederation of the Rhine, predominantly Bavarian, which led the early campaigning against Austria. At the Battle of Wagram, the contribution of Bavarian forces was decisive to the outcome. In the Russian Campaign, the Bavarian army suffered terrible losses - of about 33,000 men (including following reinforcements) who marched in 1812, only 4,000 returned. Pressed by the Crown Prince and General Wrede, King Maximilan I Josef turned with a heavy heart away from the French and changed to the Allied camp shortly before the Battle of Leipzig. The attempt by Wrede to stop the victory of the Grande Armée in 1813 at the Battle of Hanau ended in a narrow defeat for his Austro-Bavarian corps. The campaign of 1814 began badly for the Allies, but Wrede made up for his earlier defeat with valuable victories over his former allies at the battles of Arcis-sur-Aube and Bar-sur-Aube. In 1814, the Bavarian army consisted of a Grenadier Guard regiment, 16 regiments of Line Infantry, two battalions of Jäger, seven regiments of light cavalry (of which one territorial), one regiment of Uhlans, two Hussar regiments, one regiment of Garde du Corps (mounted royal bodyguard), two regiments of foot artillery and one of horse-artillery. In 1815, the 7th (National) Light Cavalry regiment was formed into two Cuirassier regiments, and the Hussars and Uhlans were disbanded in 1822. Following the recommendations of the Military Savings Commission in 1826, one infantry regiment was converted into two Jäger battalions, and the Grenadier Guard regiment into an Infantry lifeguard regiment. The Garde du Corps became the 1st Cuirassier Regiment, and the previous 1st Cuirassier Regiment was merged into the 2nd Regiment.

So, I decided to advance myself a little more into Napoleonic Wars modding, and with the gracious help of Willhelm (explained me to throughoughly and patiently how to do this), I present to you a mini-mod series for the Königreich Bayern! This mini-mod series is simple recolors of the Bavarian infantry during 1809-1814, before red became the standardized color of all regiment. So, let's get started, shall we?

First Release: Königreich Bayern Linien-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 7 Lowenstein, Kompanie-Grenadier    v1.2

gq24.jpg
bkmc.jpg
tzbi.jpg
4n1p.jpg
yje8.jpg

v1.0: First regiment release, v1.1: Re-release, color corrections, v1.2 (Current): Re-release, corrected "kicked for cheating" error.
    History of the Regiment
The 7th Bavarian regiment was founded in 1732. It took part in 1756 in the
Seven Years War, 1792-99, and the war against revolutionary France, and
in 1805 against Napoleon. After Napoleon in 1806 Maiximilian Joseph I.
appointed as the first Bavarian king, was Dominik Konstantin Prince of
Löwenstein-Wertheim regiment owner. Thus, the 7th Royal Bavarian
Regiment the nickname "Lowenstein-Wertheim". The regiment fought
against Russia in 1807 and in 1809 against Austria and recorded many
losses. In 1812 the regiment with some other Bavarian regiments of the
Grande Armée in Russia maschierte one. In the retreat during the Russian
winter the 7th suffered large losses. 1813 joined the Kingdom of Bavaria,
due to the negative outcome of this campaign as only a few hundred of
the 30,000 troops have returned to the coalition side, and thus all Bavarian
regiments fought against France. 1813 took the 7th at the Battle of Hanau,
in part, in Austria fought on the side of Bavaria. However, France remained
the victor in this battle. By 1815, the regiment fought in the war of liberation
against France... The regiment was used in 1849 against Denmark and in
the war against Prussia in 1866. In standard French-German war of
1870/71, the regiment suffered some losses in revenue, defense, withdrawal
and re-taking Orléans, but the first recorded Bavarian regiment where most
losses. 1914, with the outbreak of the same 1 World War, the regiment was
transferred to the Western Front and complained 3,000 fallen soldiers.
1919, the regiment was disbanded.

Download and Installation
Install .dds files into your Napoleonic Wars "texture" folder.
Drop troops.txt into your Napoleonic Wars base folder. More help
with installation included (readme) in the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwgqy7tmycgyijc/6DNpGMQHcS

Second Release: Königreich Bayern Linien-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 8 Herzog-Pius, Kompanie-Grenadier    v1.0
History of the Regiment
Need to find it...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1uu1d6vlanlexy/AwddryMktw

lpp9.jpg
u1ua.jpg
lu8o.jpg
qfcy.jpg
9nfs.jpg

v1.0 (Current): Second regiment release.

Third Release: Königreich Bayern Leichte-Infanterie-Bataillon Nr. 6 La Roche, Schützen-Kompanie    WIP v0.4
1f2l.jpg
zieo.jpg
    History of the Battalion
Need to find it...

Fourth Release: K.u.K. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 4 Hoch und Deutschmeister, Füsilier-Kompanie (1806 Uniform Variation)    v1.0
History of the Battalion
Need to find it...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzrq6tc8oc654u7/vRgBFiJRFC
Special Thanks:
Feldmarschall Ben

47ae.jpg
zmbu.jpg
t90k.jpg
p1kc.jpg
qzwe.jpg

v1.0 (Current): Fourth regiment release.

Rigadoon said:
What. Imagine what a mess this place will become if all the NW skinners make threads here.

Well, the problem is... I couldn't make this thread directly in the NW mods section. I had to make it here, and request an admin to move it to the NW mods. Still waiting for that to be done.

Rigadoon said:
They do look nice though.

And, thank you!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,241506.msg5780327.html#msg5780327
We use the community board for the mods under construction.
As per your request via PM, I will ask someone to move this from here. I myself can't though, since I don't have moderator powers here.

MaHuD said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,241506.msg5780327.html#msg5780327
We use the community board for the mods under construction.
As per your request via PM, I will ask someone to move this from here. I myself can't though, since I don't have moderator powers here.

Oh, my. I have never realized about that thread post. I just skip through the hyperlinks. But, thanks.

Update: Now working on the Königreich Bayern Leichte-Infanterie-Bataillon Nr.6 La Roche, Schützen-Kompanie for the third release. Stay tuned!

Yes, it is. My Great-Grandfather was a Fallschirmjäger Major in the Fjr-59-R. He was killed in the Battle of Berlin defending the inner city, where Hitler was. He was ordered by Hitler himself to not retreat, to hold until the last man. I have great respect for my Great-Grandfather. To willingly fight until death, even when the odds are incredibly against you, takes courage.

I have an extreme fascination for the Fjr troops in the Luftwaffe during WWII.

kpetschulat said:
To willingly fight until death, even when the odds are incredibly against you, takes courage.
QFT. And odds being incredibly against you makes it much much more glorious.
kpetschulat said:
I have an extreme fascination for the Fjr troops in the Luftwaffe during WWII.
Now I have great respect for your Great-Grandfather as well. Also I, too, find Fallschirmjäger troops very fascinating. I read Battle of Crete wherever and whenever I find something about it, and read it over and over. They were like special forces of those days, fighting behind the enemy lines. Its just amazing, really.

The update is here!

K.u.K. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 4 Hoch und Deutschmeister, Füsilier-Kompanie (1806 Uniform Variation)    v1.0

Is now on the first page! This is the 1806 pre-reform version of the Nr. 4's uniforms before the kasket was replaced by the tschako. The color bearer still have the old tschako due to a resource issue, but I will work on it. Or, it can stay, to show the uniform variation in the updates of the headwear. Enjoy!

I am still working on the La Roche regiment, I'm planning on something special with them. Should update them in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom