Native Completed Eternal's Team Dueling Tournament [TDT] - Bracket! [NA]

Users who are viewing this thread

CfA85.png

This is, I believe, the first team dueling tournament to ever occur on the North American scene. It is an attempt to put an interesting spin on the dueling scene by directly changing the format, as opposed to introducing new and different gimmicks. As such, it is an ambitious project attempting to put tactics, strategy and team play in conjunction with traditional dueling mechanics. Instead of taking a part of the dueling scene, for example the weapon, and introducing an alternative gimmick - the Team Dueling Tournament pursues an idea of expanding the entire dueling game.

Although reading the rules is mandatory, the tournament essentially functions by putting 3/5 players on each 'team.' The team captain of one team nominates his first duelist, and then the team captain of the second team nominates his in response. The first duel proceeds in a first-to-5 format, whichever duelist wins contributes a point to his team. The second team captain then nominates his duelist, and the first team captain nominates his in response. Each duelist can only play once. The team that has the most duel wins (and ergo most points) wins the match.

Let's proceed.

Team Rules:
- Teams can have up to 9 players, and must have no less than 5.

- No substitutions will be permitted after the bracket has been posted.

- Captains are responsible for the nomination of their team's duelist. If a captain cannot be present to a match, then the co-captain takes that responsibility.

Match Rules:
- All matches must take place on a duel or team deathmatch server.

- All servers must have at least 1200 gold and fastest speed.

- Obvious duel prohibitions. No horses, armor, shields, hammers, throwing weapons, ranged, that sort of thing. Only weapons allowed are polearms, swords, and axes. If there is something that was forgotten here, please let me know.

- A North American server must be found that gives everyone as equal a ping as possible. Under no conditions, however, should a North American player have higher ping than a European one. This is a North American dueling tournament, gentlemen. Swapping servers between duelists is permitted. If a team has a East Coast player who is up against a European but the match has been played on a Central server, the two duelists may move to an East Coast server for their duel.

- This tournament is designed for 3 duelists to be up against 3 duelists, but 5v5s are permitted (and likely a good deal more fun). Should a team only have 3 and the other has 5, 3v3 will be forced. Under no conditions should 2v2s or 4v4s be played.

- The rules are as follows: Both teams arrive on their server and type out their match roster. If a team shows up with 4 players and the match is a 3v3, both team captains must type out the names of the three duelists that will be playing before starting the match. The higher seed team then nominates their first duelist. The lower seed team captain responds with their own duelist, and the two duelists duel first to 5. The winner scores a point for their team. Then the lower seed team nominates their duelist, and the higher seed team responds with their own duelist. They duel to five for the second point. For the third duel, the remaining two duelists duel each other for the last point. Once a player has dueled, he is no longer allowed to play for the rest of the match.

Should that not make sense, you can ask in the thread or shoot me a PM. We will be holding an exhibition match that will be streamed between some of the first teams to sign up in order to make things easier.

It will be a double elimination tournament. I felt that single elimination is too short, and if this tournament turns into a bust then I don't want to spend ten weeks of round robin. Should this be a huge success or show more potential with some rule changes, TDT Season 2 will be round robin into single elimination like most battle tournaments.

Register a Team!

Code:
[b]Team Name:[/b]
[b]Team Captain:[/b]
[b]Team Co-Captain:[/b]
[b]Members (Including Captain & Co-Captain):[/b]
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Register Yourself!

Code:
[b]In-Game Name:[/b]
[b]TW Account Hyperlink:[/b]
[b]Steam Account:[/b]
[b]Dueling Experience[/b]:

Registered Teams

Suspiciously Wild Ass-Geese
QoU0rxR.jpg
Team Name: Suspiciously Wild Ass-Geese
Team Captain: Juve
Team Co-Captain: Unicorn
Members (Including Captain & Co-Captain):
1) Juve
2) Unicorn
3) Mok
4) Oodle
5) Scurrillous
6) VinnyPooh
7) Deafening

The League of Extraordinary Swordsmen
Team Name: The League of Extraordinary Swordsmen
Team Captain: Commissar_K
Team Co-Captain: KING BlackTide
1) Commissar_K
2) KING BlackTide
3) LordHasek
4) MrX
5) GuidedRelaxation
6) Kelquethas
7) Marnid (I'll take his post as a sign up)
:cool: Edahar
9) Kitten

Bees
Team Name: Bees
Team Captain: Cleric Johnson
Team Co-Captain: LeRoux
1) Cleric
2) LeRoux
3) BloodyDeath
4) Wierdo
5) RoboCop
6) Shemaforash
7) Ordyn

West Knights
Team Name: West Knights (name subject to change)
Team Captain: Calamity
Team Co-Captain: PPK
1) Calamity
2) PPK
3) Beer
4) WilySly
5) Cradoc
6) NomNom

Free Agents

Golradir
In-Game Name: Golradir
TW Account Hyperlink: Gol
Steam Account: Golradir
Dueling Experience: better than uni

Platypus
Sir Platypus said:
In-Game Name: KoA_Platypus
TW Account Hyperlink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=324773
Steam Account: KoA_Platypus (Martyn)
Dueling Experience: i liek to own ppl

leedle
In-Game Name: leedle
TW Account Hyperlink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=316523
Steam Account: Coolkillbro (Pomegranate) (p.s it includes "(Pomegranate)"
Dueling Experience: i am mlg

Bohemond
In-Game Name: Bohemond
TW Account Hyperlink: Bohemond of Antioch (Hyperlink to come or just click to the left.)
Steam Account: Bohemond
Dueling Experience:I beat people up irl, does that count.

Nevino
In-Game Name:Rebel_Badass_Nevino
TW Account Hyperlink:Badass
Steam Account: nevino1
Dueling Experience: lots of losing

Can the winner of a duel stay for the next duel aswell?

Say dueller X against A, dueller X wins.
Thus the team of A now picks their dueller, sending out B.
Can the team of dueller X pick dueller X again, or do they have to pick another one?

Eternal said:
The first duel proceeds in a first-to-5 format, whichever duelist wins contributes a point to his team. The second team captain then nominates his duelist, and the first team captain nominates his in response. One duelist can only play once. The team that has the most duel wins (and ergo most points) wins the match.

YO, that means I can't just anchor some team of people who don't typically play duel tournaments, I'd have to make a ludicrous all-star team to even bother :sad:

pokemon style is best team tourney style in terms of both getting people involved who might not otherwise, and having exciting matches (can't OCV or reverse OCV with these rules!)

If we had a tourney with all-kill then the team with M would just wait for him to slaughter everyone else.

[M] said:
pokemon style is best team tourney style in terms of both getting people involved who might not otherwise, and having exciting matches (can't OCV or reverse OCV with these rules!)

I really like this idea, but I'm going to start simple for now.

Captain Lust said:
I think you can forgive some confusion for that. "Each duelist can only play once" would be clearer.

Fixed.

In-Game Name: KoA_Platypus
TW Account Hyperlink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=324773
Steam Account: KoA_Platypus (Martyn)
Dueling Experience: i liek to own ppl

In-Game Name: leedle
TW Account Hyperlink: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=316523
Steam Account: Coolkillbro (Pomegranate) (p.s it includes "(Pomegranate)"
Dueling Experience: i am mlg

sotamursu123 said:
How about this:

Every duelist has one life. Teams have a roster of 5 out of which they send players to duel. Team must use each of these weapon combinations: war spear, great sword, short arming sword + heater shield, great long bardiche, elite scimitar. So teams have to choose which players they give these weapons. (factions will be swadia and vaegirs obviously). Shielder can't take a new shield if his shield breaks during any fight. After a duel ends the winner has to change player first if they change it. After they confirm their switch (passing the switch) the team that lost the duel will send their next duelist in.

Tbh it's kinda like pokemon but warband olol
:!:

Another great idea there Sota

Ya know all of these ideas sounds really good tbh. I think we should just try each of them out and see how it goes from there

Its good to know that we have brand new exciting dueling ideas for at least the next 3 tournaments from what I can see

sotamursu123 said:
sotamursu123 said:
How about this:

Every duelist has one life. Teams have a roster of 5 out of which they send players to duel. Team must use each of these weapon combinations: war spear, great sword, short arming sword + heater shield, great long bardiche, elite scimitar. So teams have to choose which players they give these weapons. (factions will be swadia and vaegirs obviously). Shielder can't take a new shield if his shield breaks during any fight. After a duel ends the winner has to change player first if they change it. After they confirm their switch (passing the switch) the team that lost the duel will send their next duelist in.

Tbh it's kinda like pokemon but warband olol
:!:
Eternal said:
I really like this idea, but I'm going to start simple for now.

Free agents updated, start signing up teams guys!

We have six free agents, they could even get together and make a full-sized team. (in 3v3, 5 per team is really all you need)

Back
Top Bottom