Main Topic

What feature do you mostly want to add?

• Religions Improvements: pray, spendable Piety Points, branches, deeper immersion

Votes: 90 19.8%
  • Offices: town/guild/kingdom council, vote for tax level/more profit, war/peace

Votes: 235 51.6%
  • Revised Traits: more traits, buy/train traits, gain upon actions

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Update: Pirates!

This time, I only need one picture.

ISl3mLE.png

Several fixed spots in the Old World and New World will have pirates patrolling there.
Narrow channels which funnel shipping into predictable routes creates opportunities for pirates, so perhaps you'll want to sail around such channels.

What nationality will the pirates be based on?

Can't wait to kill the pirate scum! :smile:
A really nice feature; i love it!

Will 4.1. and 4.2 be save compatible btw? The version number suggests it..

Unfortunately no. It's a scarcity that updates for Warband mods can be savegame compatible. An absolute scarcity. It's the way how it works unfortunately.

//EDIT:
The current Viking boats have been replaced by mighty galleons! Sea battles are fun as never before.

Update: Court Constable

Besides the steward, chancellor, diplomat, we have now a court constable as well, responsible for the defenses of the kingdom. This councilor is based on the marshall from the Diplomacy mod. The following options are available:

1) Report from the kingdom's armies, garrisons and patrols.
2) Send patrol.

Yes, yes. The much requested feature of sending a patrol has been added to the mod. You can ask for a small, medium or large patrol to defend the surroundings of a center.
These patrols have a price, you'll need to maintain them with gold from the kingdom's treasury.

YES! The scourge of the Mountain Bandits shall never return!! Smaller enemy Warbands shall be repelled without me having to chase them around when I have better things to do!! HUZZAH!!!!  :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Edit: Will the AI hire patrols too? It would be really weird and screw with the immersion if it's just me doing that.

Aw. That's a bummer.

Although, a Lord doesn't bother himself with one of his villages being raided by bandits. He's not going to armor up and ride out to stop them. Why do that when he could have parties of soldiers do it for him?

Yes, yes, the AI lords might attack enemies around villages being raided, see code block below. It's one of the possible faction strategies.

Code:
    (else_try), #special case for sfai_attacking_enemies_around_center for village raids
      (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_attacking_enemies_around_center),
      (is_between, ":faction_object", villages_begin, villages_end),

(call_script, "script_npc_decision_checklist_troop_follow_or_not", ":troop_no"),
      (this_or_next|faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_marshall, -1),	#MOTO act if no marshall      
	  (eq, reg0, 1),

(faction_get_slot, ":faction_object", ":faction_no", slot_faction_ai_object),
      (party_get_slot, ":raider_party", ":faction_object", slot_village_raided_by),
      (party_is_active, ":raider_party"),

#think about adding one more condition here, what if raider army is so powerfull, again lords will go and engage enemy one by one?
      (party_get_slot, ":enemy_strength_nearby", ":faction_object", slot_center_sortie_enemy_strength),
	  (lt, ":enemy_strength_nearby", ":party_cached_strength"),	#MOTO compare to party's own strength
      #end think

(assign, ":action", spai_engaging_army),
      (assign, ":object", ":raider_party"),
	  (assign, reg2, 22), # For log
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":troop_no", "$g_talk_troop"),
        (str_store_string, s14, "str_our_realm_needs_my_support_there_is_enemy_raiding_one_of_our_villages_which_is_not_to_far_from_here_i_am_going_there"),
        (str_store_string, s16, "str_the_marshal_has_issued_a_summons"),
      (try_end),

Quintillius said:
Yes, yes, the AI lords might attack enemies around villages being raided, see code block below. It's one of the possible faction strategies.

Code:
    (else_try), #special case for sfai_attacking_enemies_around_center for village raids
      (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_ai_state, sfai_attacking_enemies_around_center),
      (is_between, ":faction_object", villages_begin, villages_end),

(call_script, "script_npc_decision_checklist_troop_follow_or_not", ":troop_no"),
      (this_or_next|faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_marshall, -1),	#MOTO act if no marshall      
	  (eq, reg0, 1),

(faction_get_slot, ":faction_object", ":faction_no", slot_faction_ai_object),
      (party_get_slot, ":raider_party", ":faction_object", slot_village_raided_by),
      (party_is_active, ":raider_party"),

#think about adding one more condition here, what if raider army is so powerfull, again lords will go and engage enemy one by one?
      (party_get_slot, ":enemy_strength_nearby", ":faction_object", slot_center_sortie_enemy_strength),
	  (lt, ":enemy_strength_nearby", ":party_cached_strength"),	#MOTO compare to party's own strength
      #end think

(assign, ":action", spai_engaging_army),
      (assign, ":object", ":raider_party"),
	  (assign, reg2, 22), # For log
      (try_begin),
        (eq, ":troop_no", "$g_talk_troop"),
        (str_store_string, s14, "str_our_realm_needs_my_support_there_is_enemy_raiding_one_of_our_villages_which_is_not_to_far_from_here_i_am_going_there"),
        (str_store_string, s16, "str_the_marshal_has_issued_a_summons"),
      (try_end),

Oh, I have no doubt that they will, I was just musing in terms of real life. I don't think a Lord relaxing in his halls with a belly full of wine would get up to handle bandits when there were groups of men that could do that. But that's just me thinking out loud. Can't wait for v4. ...3? 4? 5? I don't remember...Either way, can't wait!

• In Party menu, in the middle section under troop's image there is unchanged name of currency. I don't have denars, you know...  :ohdear:
  • And my relations with lords of other religion should decrease by 2 (based on traits), but after some time they begin to decrease every time I initiate a conversation with them and each time by greater amount. First time -2, then -3, later -5... It becomes impossible to access some cities without owning them, because I just can't get neutral or positive relationship no matter how many task I complete for those lords.
  • I am not sure if it's a bug, but some villages won't trade with me (something about they don't trade with people of my kind or something similar) even when I have positive relation balance (10)

Quintillius said:
Update: Court Constable

Besides the steward, chancellor, diplomat, we have now a court constable as well, responsible for the defenses of the kingdom. This councilor is based on the marshall from the Diplomacy mod. The following options are available:

1) Report from the kingdom's armies, garrisons and patrols.
2) Send patrol.

Yes, yes. The much requested feature of sending a patrol has been added to the mod. You can ask for a small, medium or large patrol to defend the surroundings of a center.
These patrols have a price, you'll need to maintain them with gold from the kingdom's treasury.
[/quois there away you can add town building or build a village and make it into a town?, by the way keep up the good work this one of the best mods out

Is there away you can add town building or build a village and make it into a town?, by the way keep up the good work this one of the best mods out

Villages and towns are something different. I cannot simply implement a script that upgrades a village into a town. It's way more complex to do that than you guys think. Besides I'd rather focus on bug fixing for now. But thnx for the idea.  :smile:

Nesuprantu said:
  • In Party menu, in the middle section under troop's image there is unchanged name of currency. I don't have denars, you know...  :ohdear:
  • And my relations with lords of other religion should decrease by 2 (based on traits), but after some time they begin to decrease every time I initiate a conversation with them and each time by greater amount. First time -2, then -3, later -5... It becomes impossible to access some cities without owning them, because I just can't get neutral or positive relationship no matter how many task I complete for those lords.
  • I am not sure if it's a bug, but some villages won't trade with me (something about they don't trade with people of my kind or something similar) even when I have positive relation balance (10)
Please post bugs in the appropriate topic. I cannot check dozens of topics for bugs, I'll just overlook them.
You're lucky today as I have fixed some of them. The first one seem hardcoded and cannot be fixed.
For trait effects, the effects will now only apply 1x.
You cannot trade with enemy towns/villages.

EDIT:

One more little update:

Code:
- Greatly reworked the Cathars
	* Added Cathar Crossbowmen and a Cathar Leader
	* Reduced amount of Cathar Extremists, but the parties are larger.
	* Added option to pray (5 piety points required, 50% chance to escape)

Quintillius said:
Villages and towns are something different. I cannot simply implement a script that upgrades a village into a town. It's way more complex to do that than you guys think. Besides I'd rather focus on bug fixing for now. But thnx for the idea.  :smile:

Nesuprantu said:
Please post bugs in the appropriate topic. I cannot check dozens of topics for bugs, I'll just overlook them.
You're lucky today as I have fixed some of them. The first one seem hardcoded and cannot be fixed.
For trait effects, the effects will now only apply 1x.
You cannot trade with enemy towns/villages.

EDIT:

One more little update:

Code:
- Greatly reworked the Cathars
	* Added Cathar Crossbowmen and a Cathar Leader
	* Reduced amount of Cathar Extremists, but the parties are larger.
	* Added option to pray (5 piety points required, 50% chance to escape)

Huzzah! Looking good! Yes, bug fixing is a must.

Back
Top Bottom