Main Topic

What feature do you mostly want to add?

• Religions Improvements: pray, spendable Piety Points, branches, deeper immersion

Votes: 89 19.6%
  • Offices: town/guild/kingdom council, vote for tax level/more profit, war/peace

Votes: 235 51.8%
  • Revised Traits: more traits, buy/train traits, gain upon actions

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah mate, you might need a bit of a hand on the Sarranid faction. I can give you any info you need, I've got about 1,000 books at my house about the Rightly Guided Caliphs and the Mamluks.

Also, onto the focus of the Sarrinids, if this is taking place in the early renaissance era it'd be best to focus on the Mamluk Sultanate. The current head of the Sarrinids you have now was executed over a hundred years ago from the game's current state, back when the Ayyubid Caliphate still ruled.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Yeah mate, you might need a bit of a hand on the Sarranid faction. I can give you any info you need, I've got about 1,000 books at my house about the Rightly Guided Caliphs and the Mamluks.

Also, onto the focus of the Sarrinids, if this is taking place in the early renaissance era it'd be best to focus on the Mamluk Sultanate. The current head of the Sarrinids you have now was executed over a hundred years ago from the game's current state, back when the Ayyubid Caliphate still ruled.
That means they are Turks not Arabs , right ?

Titles are indeed a bit incorrect. They are a mix of noble and military ranks.
I was rather looking at Arabian titles, then I knew Persian titles would fit better.

Can you please make a proposal for all Sarrinids Sarranid titles?

Quintillius said:
Titles are indeed a bit incorrect. They are a mix of noble and military ranks.
I was rather looking at Arabian titles, then I knew Persian titles would fit better.

Can you please make a proposal for all Sarrinids Sarranid titles?
Right
Something i am sure of that there were only two Arabic nobility ranks Emir & Sheik  and yes the others are military

TheAssassinPrince said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

The Mamluks were decended from Saladin, so they were Kurdish/Turk/Arabs.  Basically they had something from the entire Middle East.

Onto the whole title thing... there really weren't many. I'll see if I can dig up some stuff, but from first glance the list you have as of now seems good. Just change the name of the leader of the Sarranid to Fakhr-ad-Din Uthman (That was the Sultan of the Mamluks at the time (You can also use Al-Mansur, his titular name(Like a nickname))) and see if you can (later on) make some proper Arabian architecture. Doesn't make much sense to see a bunch of Camels riding through what looks like Venice.

If you want, I could dig up some stuff I have on Andalusian Architecture. It's from Islamic Spain, but it's still beautiful.

Why not identifying the Sarranids with the Persians? The throneroom is ready. It has been slightly influenced by Indian architecture.

Sarranid Throneroom
0wh5.png

z1r3.png

e0rl.png

Quintillius said:
Why not identifying the Sarranids with the Persians? The throneroom is ready. It has been slightly influenced by Indian architecture.

Sarranid Throneroom
0wh5.png

z1r3.png

e0rl.png

Good except some small problems:

1. The area is much too spaced out, infact the place in general needs to be more compact. In Middle Eastern culture, spacial awareness isn't the same as it is in Western nations. People grapple eachother and get into eachother's faces often, so rooms are usually much, much smaller than usual. Still large, but not spacious

2. There needs to be more.... things. There's too much open space for it to really seem like an actual throne room. I don't mean more seats, see if you can add some stuff like a some hookas and something to fill other empty spaces. Some seating along the edges would work.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Quintillius said:

Sarranid Throneroom
0wh5.png

z1r3.png

e0rl.png

People grapple eachother and get into eachother's faces often
This. #MiddleEasternTalking

David Stark said:
ClearlyInvisible said:
Quintillius said:

Sarranid Throneroom
0wh5.png

z1r3.png

e0rl.png

People grapple eachother and get into eachother's faces often
This. #MiddleEasternTalking

Personally I like it, makes the conversation more personal.

But then I come back to the US and I'm still acting like I'm in Arabia, I end up grabbing a guy, assault charges were filed....

ClearlyInvisible said:
TheAssassinPrince said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

The Mamluks were decended from Saladin, so they were Kurdish/Turk/Arabs.  Basically they had something from the entire Middle East.

Onto the whole title thing... there really weren't many. I'll see if I can dig up some stuff, but from first glance the list you have as of now seems good. Just change the name of the leader of the Sarranid to Fakhr-ad-Din Uthman (That was the Sultan of the Mamluks at the time (You can also use Al-Mansur, his titular name(Like a nickname))) and see if you can (later on) make some proper Arabian architecture. Doesn't make much sense to see a bunch of Camels riding through what looks like Venice.

If you want, I could dig up some stuff I have on Andalusian Architecture. It's from Islamic Spain, but it's still beautiful.
Egypt can be your ground zero too Since Mamluk Sultanate was in  Egypt

TheAssassinPrince said:
ClearlyInvisible said:
TheAssassinPrince said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

Egypt can be your ground zero too Since Mamluk Sultanate was in  Egypt

The Mamluk Sultanate stretched from Tunisia into modern day Lebanon. The Capitol was Cairo, but Cairo wasn't the empire.

Few questions.
Can i have own kingdom?
If yes then what classes my Kingdom have?

i have few thoughts.

• weapon proffencies like onehand mace twohand mace, twohand axe  and etc.
    criminality- thiefs, assasins, burglars invade your house, looter pilages a temple- need appoint guards.
    intriques- be or have spymaster who can affect enemy lords, and collect info about enemy castles towns.
    Hide enemy garrison and lord troops, need some skill for detect it or send spymaster or scout to scout it out.
    More skills , higher skill and profenci caps...

Just few ideas hope some of them are considered in.

Sorry for bad english, can undrestand but can write:S

its so amazing mod. And you are super good modder you should make your own games.

1. The area is much too spaced out, infact the place in general needs to be more compact. In Middle Eastern culture, spacial awareness isn't the same as it is in Western nations. People grapple eachother and get into eachother's faces often, so rooms are usually much, much smaller than usual. Still large, but not spacious
Are you sure it's too spacious? Wait I have a solution, I add 100 people to this room  :wink:.
Don't worry btw, this is the only 'spacious' room.

2. There needs to be more.... things. There's too much open space for it to really seem like an actual throne room. I don't mean more seats, see if you can add some stuff like a some hookas and something to fill other empty spaces. Some seating along the edges would work.
Good idea, I'll do that.

Can i have own kingdom?
If yes then what classes my Kingdom have?
But Warband offers the option to have your own kingdom with your own vassals? Currently there are no classes for your kingdom, since you are the King! However granting titles to lords is an interesting feature. Will think about this.

weapon proffencies like onehand mace twohand mace, twohand axe  and etc.
criminality- thiefs, assasins, burglars invade your house, looter pilages a temple- need appoint guards.
intriques- be or have spymaster who can affect enemy lords, and collect info about enemy castles towns.
Hide enemy garrison and lord troops, need some skill for detect it or send spymaster or scout to scout it out.
More skills , higher skill and profenci caps...
As lord you will certainly have the option to hire a spymaster to collect infromation.
Currently the enemy garrison and troops are already hidden. You need to come close to gather information.

Thanks for all!
Guys if you want to change the classes for the Sarranid Sultanate, you should come with proposals.

Back
Top Bottom