Author Topic: General History Questions thread  (Read 531991 times)

yalazur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Design 'n stuff
  • Faction: Vaegir
Re: General History Questions thread
« Reply #3450 on: November 08, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »
When i said about destructive manner, i was referencing to current/more modern people of indonesia who at a time was very much indifferent and or right up “decline” any aspect of ancient culture because of slowly yet steadily westernization by the colonist, and the rise of a certain religion that naturally are opposed many aspects of Ancient Nusantara

I never reference the people of my beloved country as monkey who cant write stuff.
I said its the foreigner that sparks interest of a long time forgotten topic that actually very important, very important that the notion of majapahit was used as a uniting reason of this thousands of island archiepalago

And im not saying that we should blatantly believe only the foreign source as a cut clear identifier of our own history.
Im saying study that available currently are mostly from foreign sources, and many of our knowledge came from them, and While i understand why you feel skeptic by basing our identitiy solely on foreign source, Declining all foreign sources to base our identity is not a completely good thing either

Thats the vibe im getting by your posts anyway, like that waju rante thing you posted that you presented to me as an armor of 4ad was actually an 18th century armor.

So its clear that our point of agreement here is that obviously we the people of United Country Of Indonesia should study more of our own history.

Because the way it is now, is very very vague and biased, in all era. Like that time when we ignore that hindu buddism states is living together with local states. That in Java homosexuality is a mundane thing, that whole BERSIAP era where its a massacre **** show, and dont get me started on the commie massacre and all the atrocities bung tomo did on the so called “hero’s day”

I wont provide above source for you because you can definitely find them online

So its clear that our point of agreement here is that obviously we the people of United Country Of Indonesia should study more of our own history.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:52:43 PM by yalazur »
berang berang di pantai, lo tantang gue bantai

Neolemon

• Regular
  • Lorem Ipsum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: General History Questions thread
« Reply #3451 on: November 08, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
When i said about destructive manner, i was referencing to current/more modern people of indonesia who at a time was very much indifferent and or right up “decline” any aspect of ancient culture because of slowly yet steadily westernization by the colonist, and the rise of a certain religion that naturally are opposed many aspects of Ancient Nusantara

I never reference the people of my beloved country as monkey who cant write stuff.
I said its the foreigner that sparks interest of a long time forgotten topic that actually very important, very important that the notion of majapahit was used as a uniting reason of this thousands of island archiepalago

And im not saying that we should blatantly believe only the foreign source as a cut clear identifier of our own history.
Im saying study that available currently are mostly from foreign sources, and many of our knowledge came from them, and While i understand why you feel skeptic by basing our identitiy solely on foreign source, Declining all foreign sources to base our identity is not a completely good thing either

Thats the vibe im getting by your posts anyway, like that waju rante thing you posted that you presented to me as an armor of 4ad was actually an 18th century armor.

Because the way it is now, is very very vague and biased, in all era. Like that time when we ignore that hindu buddism states is living together with local states. That in Java homosexuality is a mundane thing, that whole BERSIAP era where its a massacre **** show, and dont get me started on the commie massacre and all the atrocities bung tomo did on the so called “hero’s day”

I wont provide above source for you because you can definitely find them online

I agree with you. we indeed need to dig more of our own history, i was just fear if someday our descendant might lost their own identity, and in return lost their legacy and pride.

It's true that the whole concept of majapahit was primary factor of unification reason, but there's also a prophesy that common people till today still believe such as Jangka Joyoboyo, or the fact that many royal families in nusantara (or their kingdom) have their legacy to majapahit royality / empire, and many of them after the fall of the empire sought to revive and claim their legacy of majapahit empire, the fact that it was uniting factor was not a new idea in memory of our people, it just our current generation that somehow forget those idea and legacy. :D :D

And it also seems kinda strange because those certain religion was never actually have anything to do with ancient nusantara, our ancestor during and before colonial era have never opposed such aspect in fact they kind of preserve it. The one of the saint was also use and preseve one of ancient aspect of nusantara such as shadow puppet. It kind of ironic actually because the fact that their follower nowaday was suddenly so opposed to ancient nusantara aspect, i fear if something happen to those community of those certain religion to make them turns againts their own legacy.

And sorry for being skeptic, i just always thought to approach information about our own history from outside resource with skepticsm, to avoid of being too biased from the information i get from there.

Btw, about those source like waju rante, i was thinking if it actually much earlier than 18th, but i think it's safe to assume they were used by our people from earlier 13th up 15th century during imperial era. ah i also happen to had some illustration about ayuthayya (or khmer?) depicting their confrontation with chams using some kind of lamellar/laminar armor, maybe that can be used as reference to more earlier southeast asian armor

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:38:32 PM by Neolemon »
.sorry for bad english