CoR leave the WNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, last match to play, but we can't get enough players for the last match. Against heroes we somehow managed to get 8, because the stars aligned and all inactive members somehow showed up. We won't be able to pull that off again. Wanted to do it before picknight, but it doesn't seem to matter as they just randomized the pick (thus the default win).

The level system simply didn't work. It's week 11 and only 3 clans are level 3 and only 3 clans remain level 1. This means only these clans can't pick the level 3 teams, nor should they really want to. All the other clans are apparently on the same level, even though they're not.

Do you think the ladder standings are an accurate representation of the skill of a clan? If the Kingdom of Swadia is above us when we won 16-0 against them, and FIN is somewhere high up there because of 4 default wins (which isn't their fault) something is wrong. I think the problem lies with the level system. The rule "teams can't challenge other teams that are 2 levels or more above them" is fine, if the assigning of levels went faster. 7 wins for level 3? How about level up every 2 wins, or when beating one opponent that's a level higher than you? Perhaps even dropping of levels. It needs work, admit it.

~Scar said:
The only thing we need to adjust is the required amount of wins to get to another level. If you think we need to change something else, go ahead.
Level up for 2 wins in a row, or winning against an higher level opponent would be a good start I think. The rules regarding default wins also need work. 16-0 gives a huge advantage to one team, while being a disadvantage to all other 10-20 teams. Better could be to not have them play at all, until there's another team who ended up in the same situation. In which case these 2 teams play each other, in addition to their already scheduled match. This could be done in a mid-tournament break, unless they want to play 2 matches in a week.

EDIT: removed some of the stuff about flaming, no need for it.

I've deleted most of the spam but I wanted to keep some of Arch3rs valid comments without making it look like he triple posted so i've edited them into the OP and deleted everything else. Hope you don't mind. I'm gonna post a larger response to all this in the Suggestions thread because I guess it's the most valid place for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom