Author Topic: The Duck and Spackle Bar Mk. II  (Read 5045 times)

Llew

• Cheap ass bum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: nK_Llew
  • M&BWB
Re: The Duck and Spackle Bar Mk. II
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 03:27:07 AM »
Llew eyed the newcomer as he unlimbered his tools and sat. Motioning to the bartender that he would deliver the man's mead, he took the mug and ambled over to the now singly-occupied table.

"Traveled far, stranger? You've the look of the road about you."

He set the mead on the table before him, taking a chair opposite without being asked.

"You've found a small corner of Calradia here. This place use to much busier, back when Zendar was a major sea-port. The scum of the earth could be found here, as well as the brave and true. Now though," he gestured around broadly, "it's peaceful most of the time."

The trivia out of the way, he stuck out his hand.

"The name is Llew."
"Took me a long time to find you. Wasn't an easy road to travel. I'm angry and tired. Had to kill a lot of people along the way. Some of them tried to cheat me, some tried to lie. I didn't like it one bit. I feel like one more lie'd be the last bitter drop in a chalice full of sorrow. And then...then I'd do something I'd later regret. Now do you know why you can't lie to me?"

yulgar

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Yulgar
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:04 AM »
Gurrand meandered down the road, his horse's back swayed low.  The poor beast finally stopped in front of a tavern, a newly rebuilt tavern by the looks of it.  Gurrand swung out of the saddle, jumping down to the ground and as his feet touched the ground his mail rang out loudly in the night time air. 

Gurrand sighed heavily as he looked over the horse, shaking his head all the while.  Unstrapping his shield and sword, Gurrand set them to the side as he fished the rest of his belongings off of the horse's back.  Gurrand unstrapped the saddle, tossing it with the rest of his belongings.  Next, he peeled the saddle blanket off the horse's back wiping him down for the last time.  Taking the bit out of the horse's mouth, and unstrapping the reins, Gurrand pushed the horse away.

"Go.  You're free now." He said, his voice low.  Giving the horse a light rap on it's rump, he smiled at the best silently thanking him for his service.  The horse turned back to look at him, but Gurrand pushed the beast away again, slapping it a little harder.  This time the horse took the hint and trotted away.

After bundling his belongings together, Gurrand strapped his sword to his belt and adjusted the weight before going into the tavern.  As he walked through the door, Gurrand gave a passing glance to each man in the room before walking to the bar.

"I'll have a bottle of your best, bar keep." he said, making his coin purse jingle.

(( :D  Heya!))

Suspicious Fish

• Recruit
  • Oops, I nerded.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Legendary_Emu
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »
The man looked up from counting the days he's been traveling on his fingers. "I'm Lerian the Wanderer. You might have heard of me." He shakes Llews hand. "I've wandered around Calradia for so long and done so many things I have to keep a reminder why I started in the first place," He unsheathes the falchion on the table, the lantern light shining off the steel blade. "This is my reminder." He slides it back into the sheath and takes another drink of his mead "You see, I'm a blacksmith. My father was a master blacksmith back in Yalen. He taught me all he knew and with that gave me this sword." Lerian sighs and leans back "But you probably don't want to hear my rambling on about swords and history."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:10:06 PM by Suspicious Fish »

Llew

• Cheap ass bum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: nK_Llew
  • M&BWB
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 12:34:20 AM »
"Nice blade," Llew smiled, though somewhat lopsidedly. After all, the family heirloom story was a fairly old one which he had heard before. However, never judge a man until you've seen him action.

"I'm afraid I haven't heard of you, but that's hardly a surprise. I've been out of commission for some while. Likewise, I doubt you've heard of me..." He trailed off on a somewhat wistful note, but whatever reply was forthcoming was cut short as a newcomer entered the bar.

The man clinked with each step, obviously heavily armed. Though from the look of it, he carried all of his worldly possessions in addition to the usual hardware - in this case, a sword and board.

"Well Lerian the Wanderer, I'll let you get back to your mead. If you've an apatite, the cook has a mean roast spitted in the kitchens. Bread is fresh too." With that he turned and headed towards the bar, where the newcomer was ordering himself a bottle of the tavern's best, which happened to be a fairly pricey vintage from somewhere in Swadia.

Propping himself up beside the fellow, Llew gestured towards the man's belongings.

"Going far, friend? I could swear I heard a horse wander off before you came in. There are stables around back, if it's feeding he needs."
"Took me a long time to find you. Wasn't an easy road to travel. I'm angry and tired. Had to kill a lot of people along the way. Some of them tried to cheat me, some tried to lie. I didn't like it one bit. I feel like one more lie'd be the last bitter drop in a chalice full of sorrow. And then...then I'd do something I'd later regret. Now do you know why you can't lie to me?"

yulgar

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Yulgar
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 04:45:52 AM »
Gurrand accepted the bottle graciously and paid the bar keep, giving him more than the bottle was worth.  Turning to the new face, Gurrand gave him a once over, trying to keep a steady gaze. 

"Reckon I'll be stayin' a day, maybe two.  And I had to set the ole boy free." he said, unstopping the bottle and taking a long drought. "Almost shed a tear for the dumb horse!"

Taking another long drought of mead, Gurrand looked around the room once again.  He did not see the man he was looking for, but knew the man would surface eventually.  The fool couldn't resist a place like this.

"So, what's the news?" Gurrand asked, "Any new folks around?  I'm called Gurrand.  And you?"

A_Mustang

• Baron
  • Death awaits in the Darkness.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: A_Mustang
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
At this point, Therian had well given himself over to the alcohol. The bottle of vod was near empty, but there was more then enough for a few more good gulps. The world was swimming pleasantly, his thoughts were not the turbulent, and all in all Therian was just enjoying the feel of alcohol in his system.

The sound of something being knocked over next to him attracted his attention. Hethik had knocked over her keg of beer in a bout of stumbling to stay standing. Fortunately, or so Therian mused, the mare had managed to drain the oaken keg before knocking it across the tavern, otherwise there would be quite the mess to clean up. He glanced up to admonish the black horse, but she gave a drunken whinny before tipping in his direction.

"GodsdamneditHethik." He said, grasping for his bottle as a half ton of horseflesh fell, knocking him off his seat and pinning him slightly above his waist.

Somehow, his bottle remained in hand and intact.

"Ow." Therian muttered from his new place on the ground. "Oh well. Sleep will, dear Hethik." He glanced at his almost empty bottle. "I do believe I will be joining you soon." So, with little aplomb, he drained the bottle, and passed out.
Troops before mission.

Aim for the Throat!

Luna is best pony. LUNA, Y U SO AWESOME!?

Miclee

• Master Knight
  • Meh.
    • Skype - michael.louisseize
    • Twitter - MikeLouisseize
    • YouTube - MicleeWoM
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Miclee
  • M&BWB
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 03:52:59 AM »
Miclee walks into the bar, wondering where everybody went. A thick layer of dust covers the counter. It's almost as if everybody vanished without a trace. Walking behind the counter he grabs an unknown bottle, pops the top, and begins to drink in solace.
You can find me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MikeLouisseize

Corndawg

• The Zerg King
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • Spiffing old bean.
    • Skype - corndawg2124
    • Steam - corndawg2124
    • Twitter - Ilvaticorno
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Corndawg
  • WBM&BNWVC
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 06:44:59 AM »
Cornelius almost passed by the bar, almost, but the allure proved too much and he slowly pushed open the door.

It was a lot like he recalled it to be. Many old familiar paintings hung on the wall, covered in a thin layer of dust. A good number of them brought a shiver down his spine as he remembered their creation. He'd learned, that was for sure, but the memories remained. Ignoring the lone man for a moment, he peeked around the corner of another room to see a few in-progress creations. He smirked at their presence and muttered to himself.

"Looks like some new memories to be made."

Turning back to the wasteland of a bar, Cornelius made his way to a seat across from the only other man in the place who was, evidently, the impromptu bartender. He smiled a friendly smile at the man.

"It's been a long while since I've been in this place. Mind passing me a drink, friend?"
Massacring, mass rape, and other such things are definitely not activities that most choirboys participate in.
Tell that to the Catholic Church.

A_Mustang

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 12:38:15 AM »
Hethik stumbled into the room, her rider haphazardly holding onto the saddle. What had happened last night, where they had been and what madness had occurred was unknown to the pair. All they knew is that they had all their kit and needed water. And currently were not being chased by the guard. And needed water.

Lots of water.

The horse stumbled over to the bar, whence the rider toppled out of the saddle, and lay on the floor unmoving. The mare, for her own part, sat down and face-planted into the bar, a strained nicker emanating from her throat.

Therian, after a few minutes of pain, pulled himself to the bar. "I need water. So does Hethik. Lots of it."
Troops before mission.

Aim for the Throat!

Amman de Stazia

• Master Knight
  • schizophrenic? There's three of us now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
I can,t believe you lot!
The scar-faced, raven haired Khergit woman slapped the doorframe with the scabbard of her sheathed sabre.
How by the Afterlife did you all end up back here, moaning about the good old days?

by the way, Robin of Swadia was nothing more than a padded shift and expensive face paint.
but a nice girl, when all was said and done.

I hope you are in good health, you bastards, and taking care of your horses?
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,12250.msg208344.html#msg208344

Family IS more important than Mount and Blade. 

Family D'Stazia.  (A, K and S )

PS - this line plugs TPW - The Peninsular War mod.http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,42454.0.html

A_Mustang

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »
Therian shrugged. "As well as can be. Water, pleaseeeeee....." He moaned. He then proceeded to lay there like a dead fish, hoping the world would get better.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:53:01 PM by A_Mustang »
Troops before mission.

Aim for the Throat!

Amman de Stazia

• Master Knight
  • schizophrenic? There's three of us now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:29 AM »
The water in here is about as drinkable as horse piss.
Try their boiled ale instead.
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,12250.msg208344.html#msg208344

Family IS more important than Mount and Blade. 

Family D'Stazia.  (A, K and S )

PS - this line plugs TPW - The Peninsular War mod.http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,42454.0.html

ejnomad

• Llandy was here
  • Grandmaster Knight
  • A Cat may look at a King.
    • Skype - ziopforce07
    • Steam - ejnomad
    • View Profile
    • Don't have one.
  • MP nick: Lu_Bu
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:52 AM »
The tired and thirsty nomad that had wandered into this bar on his travels elsewhere proceeded to the exit mumbling under his breath..

"The service here is terrible can't even get the attention of any staff for a drink"
"In that direction" Captain Lust said, waving his right hand round, "lives off-topic forum posters, and in that direction," waving the other hand, "lives on-topic forum posters. Visit either you like: They're both mad." "But I don't want to go among mad people," The recruit remarked. "Oh you can't help that," said the Captain: "we're all mad here. I"m mad. You're mad. "How do you know I'm mad!" said the recruit. "You must be," said the Captain, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Jec94227

• Master Knight
  • Over the hills and far away
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Jec
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 04:38:05 AM »
The door opens once again. The hinges squeal in protest, and it seems as though a thick layer of dust covers everything. Still, a cursory glance tells the newcomer that there is still booze in the back. Good drinks too, though it might take a bit of looking to get the best ones. An eyebrow raises as he sees new bottles, relatively speaking, that he's never noticed before, alongside the old favorites of his former years. The dust lays thick on them as well, and his shoulders slump as he realizes that he's been gone for far too long. Might be best to stick around a while and see what else is new, what's been changed.

Seeing no bartender, he pulls himself an old bottle and blows the dust off. This is a familiar label, and he smiles. "It's been a long time" he muttered to no one in particular.

Egaldor

• Sergeant
  • Save the noldor
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Egaldor
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 04:01:48 AM »
All of sudden, a man comes from the shadows and startled the visitor who thought he was all alone. "Thid place is haunted, you shouldn't be here"