Item Editor - Warband compatible version - 1.0.0.1

Users who are viewing this thread

SPD_Phoenix said:
I tested the new version.

b) Insert new item: this function will clone the selected item and insert it right under the selected item. Pretty simple. However, it may cause compatibility in mod. If you insert a new item in the middle of the file, you won't be able to use your save game. All of the items (or item IDs) below the newly inserted item will be displaced (game use the new ID while save game have the old ID). Some troops' inventory will be changed.

To ensure compatibility for save game, new item have to be added at the bottom.

If the user don't mind starting a new game everytime he/she insert a new item, then the function works as intended.

In my opinion, it is best if the new item can be added at the bottom instead of inserting it in the middle as it is right now.

b) Delete an Item: this function work as intended. Notice: if the deleted item is somewhere in the middle of the file, the item ID will be referring to a different item. Savegame will not be compatible.

To keep your savegame working, it is best to modified the item so that it will not show up (i.e. not merchandise) rather than deleting it.

c) Item trigger: I haven't be able to get this to work yet. It either does nothing or it will crash the game. I have to admit that I'm not very good at doing item trigger, so I need someone with a bit better knowledge to help testing it.

Another thing is this function is hard to work with. First, as the author said, you will have all of the available triggers in the list. That means you will have to firgure out which one can be used and which one may crash the game. Second, the layout is not label clearly for new user. You have to have pretty good knowledge of how trigger work in order to input correct parameters. Example: if I select "set_position_delta", the set of parameters should be numbers for "x,y,z". Or when I use particle system "particle_system_add_new", the next parameter should be a particle system name or ID. Third, I can't seem to be able to delete the trigger.

Oh, to delete a trigger/operation/argument, press the arrow next to the row and hit your delete key.  I'll look to adding a right click delete option as well.

Nice.

As for the trigger: just note to the users that it is there but not fully supported.

It just need a little more testing to firgure out how it work. Besides, most people who want item trigger will probably use module system.

This topic really belongs in the Unofficial Editing Tools board. Do you want this one moved, or do you want to create a new topic for it over there and lock this one?

hey, i tried your program but it doesnt work. heres the error log after i try to open item_kinds1.txt in .894 native:

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
  at System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
  at ItemEditor.Item..ctor(String itemString)
  at ItemEditor.ItemKinds..ctor(String path)
  at ItemEditor.Form1.openFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ItemEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mount%26Blade/ItemEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

If I had to guess, I would say you're running the editor against an incompatable item_kinds1.txt from before .890.  I did not code any version control in the app, so if you open an old file, it will try to process it.  The error is that it tried to interpret non-numeric data as a number.  Are you sure you're pointing to the .894 version of M&B, and not some other old installation you left on your PC?

If you are sure, send me your item_kinds1.txt file; [email protected]

Arn de Gothia said:
hey, i tried your program but it doesnt work. heres the error log after i try to open item_kinds1.txt in .894 native:

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at ItemEditor.Item..ctor(String itemString)
   at ItemEditor.ItemKinds..ctor(String path)
   at ItemEditor.Form1.openFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
ItemEditor
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mount%26Blade/ItemEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

itm_cothlk Crossbow_of_The_Lost_Kindom Crossbow_of_The_Lost_Kindom 1  heavy_crossbow 0  4259849 16384 278 126976 2.000000 150 0 0 0 5 0 48 74 0 2 316 0

itm_psnbolt Poison_Bolts Poison_Bolts 3  bolt 0  flying_missile 2305843009213693952  bolt_bag_b 3458764513820540928  4259846 1879048192 278 126976 2.000000 150 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 54 999 306 0

itm_malklordarmor Malkeri_Lord_Armor Malkeri_Lord_Armor 1  tribal_warrior_outfit_a 0  65550 0 278 126976 2.000000 150 0 0 67 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_malklordboots Malkeri_Lord_Boots Malkeri_Lord_Boots 1  boot_nomad_bL 0  69390 0 278 126976 2.000000 150 0 0 67 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Is there something wrong with these lines?When i add them to the items file and launch the game when i load it up it says "Invalid Number of Items 151"

Any help appreciated.(and i know the items are way overpowered :smile:)

[EDIT] I have tried adding with the editor and just copy/paste and add 4 to item count at the top.

This is a fantastic tool, it's so simple even a novice like me can use it! :lol:

Thanks, already I can fix a few things with my favourite mod (Legions).

So, can anybody sum up the description of_kinds1.txt entry's? I've found something here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,1391.0.html, but it seems to describe an older version (it doesn't match with the 'great_lance' entry from 0.903's item_kinds1.txt anyway). I'm trying to edit the latest, but the editor doesn't seem to work with it (an error like Arn de Gothia posted).

timginter said:
So, can anybody sum up the description of_kinds1.txt entry's? I've found something here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,1391.0.html, but it seems to describe an older version (it doesn't match with the 'great_lance' entry from 0.903's item_kinds1.txt anyway). I'm trying to edit the latest, but the editor doesn't seem to work with it (an error like Arn de Gothia posted).
I think I figured out the error Arn de Gothia was getting.  It had to do with his regional settings in Windows.  The code tries to interpret the numeric fields, and if your Windows is set to interpret "." as a thousands separator and "," as a decimal indicator it will barf.  I have a newer version that fixes this.  Email me at [email protected] if you want it.

Back
Top Bottom