Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeriousKnight01 said:
I played this mod a year or two ago and just picked it back up again the past few weeks. I love all the amazing progress on it but I still find myself looking for a little more. I'm no good a coding so I don't even know if this is possible, But I was thinking you could add some ruins or dungeons like there are in Viking Conquest. You fight an appropriate number of undead/demons/orcs/dwarves/elves/drow/ whatever and then recieve one of the special swords like the sun blade that way. maybe also add in a few NPCs that give special quests like what was done for hadrien's wall and the old roman fort in viking conquest as well.

Second, on the matter of dungeon like entities in the game, adding hideouts/lairs for undead and demons/raiding orcs like there are for bandits in native would be a cool addition in my opinion.

Glad you don't mind doubling the amount of stuff Guspav has to do by suggesting he next try to add the feature sets of a DLC which had 4-5 very experienced coders working all day and all night for a half year.  As I understand it he works solo for coding in his spare time and has a real job take up most of his time.  He may also have marriage and children, which are usually at risk if too much time is given to coding anything unnecessary.  Let's give him a break and if He decides to throw in something, fantastic.  But prefacing "I'm not a coder and therefore wont help in the kitchen, but darn if I wouldn't pig out on the gourmet food if ONLY you'd stop feeding us this underpowered menu and let ME pick what your chef will make.  try that at any high end restaurant you can afford -- and now, since he works for free, be happy he even cooks.  Its been 14 months since his last update but I'm sure he'll have something fancy out the door when it needs to be.  Of course, I'm biased but actually I'd rather see him deliver an update then continually postponing one to add "just one more feature".  That just gives other mods way too much free time on their hands.  I'd prefer to get distracted in someone else's mod than have to build one myself because I was tired of waiting.  Perhaps God delays him, perhaps he delays God, perhaps HE's bored and plays other mods.  Or perhaps he is meeting his family, working his life, and giving this 90 minutes to 3 hours every other night.  I'm happy he still plans an upgrade.

My opinion only
  - GS

I did not mean to be disrespectful or inconsiderate, It was just a suggestion. If he does not have the time, or feels like it would not be worth adding to the game, I understand.

a very small suggestion changing: "horse charged for x damage" to: "mount charged for X damage" it's MOUNT and blade after all

SeriousKnight01 said:
I did not mean to be disrespectful or inconsiderate, It was just a suggestion. If he does not have the time, or feels like it would not be worth adding to the game, I understand.

I was too hard on you.  Some of the things you suggested could be done.  It's possible to make some bandit lairs into spawns of undead or other special parties.  This is a fairly simple change to party_templates by just substituting the bandits already spawning with some other.  It could be a simple expansion of the list of spawn types, with a search in files of "bandit" to make sure all the places that go with the bandit spawn (scripts, simple triggers  dialogs  etc) are updated to handle the new bandit lair type.  It's a perfectly do-able thing.

The quest line is more difficult.  Those are done poorly in Perisno and well in other mods, so I'm not sure how much Guspav would want to add with those. Mostly I felt he was delaying a release because of "feature creep", where every next new feature increased the wait, and I'm impatient.  For all I know he releases next month and we're all amazed. 

- GS

To be honest I would prefer that he wait to do something like this, especially after reading about what is in progress. I also don't want him to get bogged down getting the updates ready.

If he does decide to do this, The bandit lair adaption would be more than enough. I have spent whole games in native and  phantasy as a vagrant knight and his handful of companions and bandit lair assaults have a special place in my heart. The thought of wandering through the swadian forests and stumbling upon a monster infested cave that I and my good friends Sir Jeremus and Sir Ferentis have to clear out by Tyr's holy might has been a dream of mine since i found this mod. 

If he chooses to go further, I was thinking he could add new map locations like four ways inn and recycle cells from native castles to be the "ruin" or "dungeon" (trying to piece together totally new cells would be awesome, but no doubt resource and time intensive.)
Such dungeons could be used to regulate the more unique encounters some people have suggested and provide the unique equipment already in game, also for things like the three immortals. Like you wander into the ancient tomb of the immortals and fight them with your group of companions. Granted, they are tough enough with a whole army, but still.

But Like i said above, I would not want him to try and cram this into the next update. I understand that quality takes time, and we already have a whole lot of great quality game at hand and coming soon.

SeriousKnight01 said:
But Like i said above, I would not want him to try and cram this into the next update. I understand that quality takes time, and we already have a whole lot of great quality game at hand and coming soon.
not gonna quote your whole post,
there are other people here for making scenes(the maps where you move) than mister guspav, I myself am working on a dungeon prototype using tunnels(of sorts)
so the code for adding bandit lairs would be the main problem
I'll post the scene very soon, right after I am somewhat satisfied with it

So ik  that diplomacy and freelancer has problems with this mod but what is the trouble with it? I've heard something about diplomacy not supporting the ammount of factions in the mod but nothing about freelancer

Endario1215 said:
So ik  that diplomacy and freelancer has problems with this mod but what is the trouble with it? I've heard something about diplomacy not supporting the ammount of factions in the mod but nothing about freelancer

I have 17 factions running well under diplomacy in my latest Phosphor.  It CAN be done, but it needs a lot of work to merge diplomacy when the mod is greatly morphed away from native.  It's not something that is done in a weekend once the mod is not native.

Freelancer is easier but there are side effects with freelancer as well, and maybe it's simply easier to not inject things that can give strange error reports from users and be difficult to hunt down, only to find it wasn't coming from something YOU (the coder) wrote but some "kit" recently added.  Those things are infuriating.  Guspav probably wants a clean base line before adding more sources of uncertainty...

But I'm just commenting as an outsider.  I certainly know what it can mean to merge diplomacy when the skeleton of your existing code is not laid out the same as diplomacy expects.  It's not a trivial modmerger add; its every line needs to be matched with winmerge and finding the right place to line up each difference can be difficult, especially if sections are moved all around, making the resulting compare difficult to stay aligned.

- GS

Ok thanks, I thot it was impossible to add those, but maybe we can look forward to them in the future, diplomacys stuff for kingdom ruling is awesome and freelancer is always cool

Endario1215 said:
Ok thanks, I thot it was impossible to add those, but maybe we can look forward to them in the future, diplomacys stuff for kingdom ruling is awesome and freelancer is always cool

I said it was possible in theory, but that there were aspects that can make it tedious and difficult to implement.  My understanding is Guspav has changed the flow greatly from native  and that it will be difficult to align the changes, such as what happens when pieces are moved from the middle of a large file (like game_menus) to the end, and now diplomacy has an almost line by line dependency during the merge so the two sections compared aren't found.  These caused me to have to hunt them down by hand and added a man month to the project to merge diplomacy to Rigale, as Rigale had almost none of the native structure left in it.  I think Guspav has a similar problem.

It CAN be done, but it may not be worth it to him to do so, and could take man months he does not have in a worst case.
  He also has no extra coders helping him, and merging diplomacy for a non-native mod is no job for a first month intern.

But the good news as you mention is it technically is possible, with enough resolve and infinite time.

Dodgerer said:
there are other people here for making scenes(the maps where you move) than mister guspav, I myself am working on a dungeon prototype using tunnels(of sorts)
so the code for adding bandit lairs would be the main problem
I'll post the scene very soon, right after I am somewhat satisfied with it

so I finished, here's a short(1:56) video where I showcase it a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkhj6kDd0k8&feature=youtu.be

That's Really Awesome! If dungeons like this can be implemented in campaign in certain areas I think it would add a nice flare to getting artifacts and special weapons.

Scripting the dungeon to provide these items reliably may be difficult though... I had not even thought about that until now. It would have to be coded such that once the denizens are killed off either you find the item among the loot, or it is given to you as a special event like when you get money for killing the bandits that attack you in an ally... Just tossing around a few Ideas, I'm sorry if I state the obvious. I would love to see what happens with this!!

A Aztec/Maya faction  :!:
You could use the models from your old Mount and Blade mod...

Elite Archers/Shamans
          The special unit could be a really powerfull cleric

i realy like how the purple was toned down on the drow armor, id realy love to see the same done for the new wizard robes posted afew months back....or mabey longer IDR. Not a huge fan of the purple myself. Personaly id love to have it black in my game but blue or red dosent sound shabby.

Any chance that the vikings and the viking type bandits can have their body size increased.
Not huge, but enough to noticeably see them as bigger, bcoz they are vikings.

I have no idea how to do this, would it be as simple as changing the size of a skeleton mesh?

First of all, great mod  :grin:

Suggestion:

- With the addition of several elite troops, coming across a Lord on the battlefield isn't a scary prospect at all (unless the Lord in question is a Ridas Magocracy uber-spellcaster). My suggestion is to boost Lord stats, armor and weapons in order to make them scary in a fight. Making Swadian Lords as strong as a Knight of the King, for example, or making a Rhodox Lord a superb swordmaster...

Keep up the good work!  :party:

Moridin123 said:
With the addition of several elite troops, coming across a Lord on the battlefield isn't a scary prospect at all (unless the Lord in question is a Ridas Magocracy uber-spellcaster). My suggestion is to boost Lord stats, armor and weapons in order to make them scary in a fight. Making Swadian Lords as strong as a Knight of the King, for example, or making a Rhodox Lord a superb swordmaster...

I totally agree with this one!!!!
Why to make them as strong as a troop? make them stronger!
It's kind of weird that the leader is weaker/equal in strength then his troops.

#NativeNeedsMoreLove

There are some OSPs that I would really likein this mod , for a more RPG like feeling .
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80871.0.html - Outposts kit
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.0.html - Tavern Animation Pack
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,156444.msg3760451.html - Costum Player Name

And here in the python script exchange are pretty nice things: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.0.html
Check out page 40 for Random ages for nobles and extendet prisioner chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom