Bigger, better, WNL matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't the time to put forward the arguments but for me, the currently rules are just perfect and there is absolutely nothing to change.  :wink:

just my personal opinion
started to play tournaments in this game a very long time ago, and i had more fun playing 10v10 or 12v12 instead of 8v8, that's all

e zitto tu duken jewken che non fai un cazzo al leonardo :neutral:

ramboTotalWar said:
just my personal opinion
started to play tournaments in this game a very long time ago, and i had more fun playing 10v10 or 12v12 instead of 8v8, that's all

e zitto tu duken jewken che non fai un cazzo al leonardo :neutral:

:lol:

Le Nazgul said:
I haven't the time to put forward the arguments but for me, the currently rules are just perfect and there is absolutely nothing to change.  :wink:
Rules is good, and there's link, that 8 v 8 or more, if bouth clans agreed. But, my point is: I wish to play WNL mathces with 12 v 12 or bigger, so, I need to know witch clans would agreed, for choosing them, or to choosed by tham.

Well I have to say that when I was playing 10v10 back in the winter ENL I wasn't at the same level I am now, however I thought that the shift to 8v8 seemed to benefit the game in terms of the balance between infantry and the other classes. 10 v 10 seemed a bit worse for infantry which is what you would expect considering that infantry should suffer from the worst scaling laws because of their short range and limited mobility.

In terms of professional tournaments, I don't think 8v8 is undo-able but it would certainly be difficult for a large number of teams to be present at a lan event. Potential solutions could be to limit the lan side to the round of 8 and above or to have a single representative of each team be present. The latter was what was used by the recent forays by sony into e-sports for planetside 2. Can't say that event looked like a success but the game is facing the same problems as warband so is maybe worth watching to see if they find a solution.

Sir_Bertran's point is that he wants to know which of clans in WNL want to play 10 v 10 or bigger, so he can in next night picks choose these clans to play against in 10vs10 or bigger, that is all about he want in topic.

Shoxi said:
Sir_Bertran's point is that he wants to know which of clans in WNL want to play 10 v 10 or bigger, so he can in next night picks choose these clans to play against in 10vs10 or bigger, that is all about he want in topic.
Azzar! Someone can understand my horrible english!

Wolfpack, IG, AB, Vikings of Niflheim would field enough people for bigger matches because they have large playerbase, but you have to ask them if they want do it with you in WNL.

Good players (very often forum posters) prefer 8 vs 8 because it doesnt force them to mix with low skill people, and they have individually a higher impact on the match result, compared to 10vs10 when it depends more about fate.

So yeah 10vs10 was more fun, but it was also too hard to organize for team callers without whom nothing in that game could be done.

Now with 8 vs 8 new teams can pop up more easily, it is easier to gather people, so it brings fresh air to the game. I am sure the ladder system will also contribute to that freshness, compared to an unflexible league of 8 pro-team with always the same faces.

Though if we only take into account the fun once the match has started 10vs10 is better : more butchery, more killing in the back that insolent pro-player, more getting banged by 5 nord infantry right from the beginning etc etc. The more you diminish the size of the team the more the game turns into Warband Esport aka abusing game flaws with pike stun bumpstab and other bull****.

It is all a question of gameyism vs romanticism.

Shoxi said:
Wolfpack, IG, AB, Vikings of Niflheim would field enough people for bigger matches because they have large playerbase, but you have to ask them if they want do it with you in WNL.

16v16 matches against Niflehim have been the most enjoyable thing  I've ever done in this game :mrgreen:

is switching from 8v8 to 10v10 really such a mess ? just asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom