Captain Lust's WNL Key Match Preview - Week 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust's WNL Key Match Preview - Week 5                           

Renegades vs Sons of the Emperor - Week 5 Match Preview

Possibly the most anticipated and arguably the most high-level match to be played this week. Some were surprised when RNGD opted to pick SoE instead of Samurai but they've stated that they are serious about challenging for the title this season and with 4 points on the line, RNGD's Nubijuki described it as an “opportunity”. Speaking to SoE's Napoleon, it's clear he's confident going into the match and you'll see if you read his (lengthy) comment below, he has a great deal of belief in the strength of his team. It's hard to fault him when you look at his team sitting on 4 wins from 4 matches, seeing off threats from CoR and IG, as well as crushing a helpless DRZ side last week 14-2.
Nubijuki has revealed that RNGD are lacking Fab and TornadoX for the match this week and that he'll consider picking up a crossbow to make up for the potential loss to their ranged strength. But is a plan B solution enough to deal with the immense threat that SoE's Tirtil and Menethil posess? Nubijuki concedes their quality but calmly insists “they are players like us, no reason to fear them more than any other good players.” Napoleon likewise admits their performance has been strong but claims “It's clear SoE's performance is not based on the individual and it's a team game” “[SoE is] a clan of tight cohesion, dedication and familiarity with one another”.
RNGD's side bounced back with a win against CoR last week, putting them on 3 wins from 4 games, owing to their loss against Saracens. This puts them behind SoE in the league but SoE are yet to face a team of either RNGD or SRC's calibre and the outcome of this match is sure to turn heads no matter what happens.

Based on SoE's ranged strength and the fact that Week 5 not only has Shariz Village but 3 crossbow factions playing, I put them as favourites to win this match. But not by much.

Message from RNGD_Nubijuki
I encourage eveyone to come and see the streaming. It's going to be interesting in terms of tactics. Also I wish good luck to SoE! It's been a long time I was looking for a match with them. Great it happens soon.

[size=10pt]Message from SoE_Napoleon [size=8pt](translated from Turkish)

I shall put into words my opinion on the league so far and its continuation. Firstly, I would like to thank the following: Those who partake in the organisation of the league, those who contribute to the development of the league and lastly but especially to those who are livestreaming. Turning to our performance in the league, I wouldn't say we were ready when we started. Particularly in the CoR and RE matches. I think we put in poor performances against these two teams. However let's not take that as an indicator, until now we haven't had a chance to fight each other at full strength. It's necessary for some players to focus on their real lives. Many have exams and jobs and this is always a big problem for us that we've lived with. For this reason, we didn't have a chance to use our full first team on the field. I believe that in 1 or 2 weeks, we'll be able to start pushing hard and will show our real strength to everyone.
[/size]

Ligin şuana kadar olan kısmı ve devamı hakkında görüşlerimi dile getireyim.Öncelikle bu ligin düzenlenmesinde payı olan, ligin gelişimi için katkıda bulunan, özellikle yayın yapan herkese teşekkür ederim.Ligdeki performansımıza dönecek olursam, lige hazır olarak başladığımızı söyleyemem.Özellikle CoR ve RE maçlarında.Bu takımlara karşı kötü performans gösterdiğimizi düşünüyorum.Fakat şunu belirtmeyelim ki bu zamana kadar bir kere olsun tam kadro mücadele etme şansı yakalayamadık.Gerek bazı oyuncularının eğitim hayatındaki sınavları, gerek bazı oyuncuların iş hayatlarındaki sıkıntıları olsun bir çok problem yaşadık.Bu nedenle tam kadro yer alma şansı yakalayamadık sahada.Bundan 1-2 hafta sonraki dönemde tam kadro olarak mücadele etmeye başladığımızda gerçek gücümüzü  herkese göstereceğimize inanıyorum.Sana da yaptığın yayınlar ve topluluğun gelişimine katkıda bulunduğun için teşekkür ederim :smile:

Court of Reveran vs Fearless Immortal Noobs - Week 5 Match Preview - [size=10pt]LIVE on MB_tv 26/09 19:00 BST[/size]

It seemed an inevitability that Fearless Immortal Noobs would be picked by one of the Level 1 teams this week, looking for extra points. Few would argue that, out of the three teams to have reached Level 2, they've had the easiest run. However FIN's SotaMursu claims "I expected either AE or SoE to be our next opponent" and that "ending up vs CoR is a relief". Court of Reveran's Arch3r, on the other hand, says it was always their plan to pick FIN if the opportunity arose, stating "they had 4 wins - and all cheesy".
  Both captains predict a close game however and neither side seems too sure what to expect from the match. SotaMursu believes that the match will be decided on new map Shariz Village and that whoever can gain an advantage there will likely see it through to a win. He is also concerned that playing with BlackTide (also a CoR player) in The Midnight Watchmen will give his opponents an insight into his tactical approach, additionally singling out CoR's Stuboi and Shoxi as potential threats. Arch3r didn't seem to note any aspects of FIN's style or key players he's worried about. He did however admit "they're strong", whilst maintaining "when on our best, so are we".
  Last week, CoR experienced a close defeat at the hands of RNGD. Arch3r felt that his team could have won the match and says "we'll challenge them again". It's easy to talk big though and unlike FIN, sitting on 4 wins for 4 games, CoR are at a middling 2. Winning this match will give them 5 points though, which would catapult them back up among the front runners.
  FIN showed they have some quality last week by beating Heroes but they will have to face tougher and tougher challenges if they wish to maintain their current pace. CoR might not be as tough as it gets but they'll push them hard and this match is another real test for FIN. If they want to fulfill SotaMursu's high ambitions, they can't afford to be dropping points this week. For CoR, this is a key turning point. Victory will make them top 3 or even title contenders but defeat is likely to rule out any such hope.

Impossible to separate these two teams. FIN have the ambition and a winning attitude but CoR have more quality and experience in their team. Draw.

Message from CoR_Arch3r
We'll beat AE

[size=10pt]Message from FIN_SotaMursu
Blacktide is bad

Kharakternyky vs Teutonic Knights - Week 5 Match Preview

Perhaps one of the most interesting match ups this week. Kharakternyky vs Teutonic Knights will answer a lot of questions about both teams and play a huge role in patching together our information and expectations about the quality of top level teams in the WNL. After Week 3, Teutonic were sat on 3 wins for 3 without having really been tested. In Week 4, they met that first challenge with defeat at the hands of oRP, although closely fought. KHR are still unbeaten but sit 1 point below Teutonic, managing only a draw against IG and the same versus Legend. The only side faced by both opponents is Bohemian Guard (KHR won 15-1 and Teutonic 13-3) but that's hardly indicative of much.
  It's to KHR's testament that no team has bested them thus far. They have good quality in cavalry players R1ch, Chornyi_Voron and sharpshooter, Bendetto to name a few but it's hard to write off their 2 draws as coincidence. It suggests KHR have trouble controlling matches and delivering fatal blows. Teutonic meanwhile couldn't get anything from oRP despite how close it came. A win here would mean new found confidence for either team and good standing going forward in the league.
  Seeing Bendetto play a match where 75% of the game he's going to have a crossbow in his hands and 50% of the game, he's playing on another new, closed, archer-friendly map is a thrilling prospect. He's sure to be impactful for KHR here. For Teutonic, Charon is will be a big player in the infantry brawls and Goliath matching up against the KHR horsemen is bound to produce some fierce and exciting action.

EDIT: Fixed misinformation about Goliath

Looks like another close match. It could go either way but I'll say KHR just for the sake of Bendetto. He's a player that can see form perhaps a scratch above any of the Teutonic squad in my view.

Message from KHR_Chornyi_Voron
I must say that we will make our best to win this match. We lost a lot of points in our first 4 games and now we are lagging behind the leaders.  We are also sad bacause of that 2 draws in a row :smile: Now our goal is not to lose points and join the first 5 teams. Our opponent is very dangerous and we expect close game.

full article written by @captainlust

[td]
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
[/td]

You missed one point: Italian pro cav will be playing vs SoE not like last week vs CoR when i was busy with 'real life' and Duken pissed off the TW servers that gived him the infamous ' authorization code bullshait '.

Well done Doctor Lustig, not a bad idea.

Is a key match a close match or a match that's near the top of the ladder and close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom