Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Feerspoir

Knight
I'm starting a fairly obvious thread. Request personal banners from those in the community who know how to do it.

I'll start with these two:

1) the following would each substitute a square banner, i.e. please center on a square banner with a white background:

a)
120px-PortugalAF2.png

b)
180px-Portuguese_shieldsvg.png

Thanks in advance.

I've always liked the design of the coat of arms in Edmund Blair Leighton's "The Accolade."
accolade.jpg

Heck, if someone would be so kind as to create the appropriate texture, I'd learn to mod it in myself, and put it on surcoats and shields as well.

doorknobdeity said:
I've always liked the design of the coat of arms in Edmund Blair Leighton's "The Accolade."
accolade.jpg

Heck, if someone would be so kind as to create the appropriate texture, I'd learn to mod it in myself, and put it on surcoats and shields as well.

nice picture,......a good example of wearing heraldics on surcoats

Tulon said:
The Hall of Heraldry Thread has a lot of personal/customized banners as used in Mount & Blade - you might want to check that out. :wink:
I'm aware of that thread, but while one is a vehicle for posting/sharing already made custom banners, this one is for actually requesting them from a third party.

Oh. I'm sorry, then it seems as I've misunderstood the intention of your request. :???:

You may want to PM RayvenQ, though, as he has offered to create banners upon request in the other thread.

If said RayvenQ hasn't done it yet, here's one I did:

feerspoir1sq1.png

And some others, free for the taking:

banner1wj3.png
banner2he4.png

adding on, I think that factions should have there own colors, so that when you are picking a banner, you know what to choose from, to show your loyalty to your faction.

James said:
If said RayvenQ hasn't done it yet, here's one I did:

feerspoir1sq1.png

And some others, free for the taking:

banner1wj3.png
banner2he4.png
You're a doll, James! Come to my arms!

Now the million euro question: how do I plant it in the game?

Ah, right.

You will need a program that allows you to open .dds files and edit them... Like photoshop or something similar.

Then you open one of the banner images from your Mount&Blade texture folder. Once this is done copy the flag you want off the web-page, then in your editing program paste it over one of the vanilla banners. Save the file and exit.

Now load up the game, start a new character, and select that banner from the list.  :smile:

a) Could you do that for me? Just substitute with the "red castle on white background" and "2 swords crossing on blue-white-blue vertical bars background" banners (for the Portuguese coat of arms and the Cross of the Order of Christ (the red cross));

or

b) could you link me to a freeware app for me to do that myself?

Thanks in advance.

Feerspoir said:
a) Could you do that for me? Just substitute with the "red castle on white background" and "2 swords crossing on blue-white-blue vertical bars background" banners (for the Portuguese coat of arms and the Cross of the Order of Christ (the red cross));

or

b) could you link me to a freeware app for me to do that myself?

Thanks in advance.

Try this:
Tulon said:
You can also try one of the many freeware DDS-converters avaiable on the web to swap between DDS<->BMP/JPG/whatever.
Here is the one I'm using right now. :smile:

The converter is GREAT! - Thanks again Tulon for the link!
It is really easy and intuitive to use and after you convert the banner_a/b/c.dds file you can use
the basic MS Paint app to cut and paste, re-convert it back to the particular banner file you converted it from and
then you be sportin' your new banner!
:cool:

Feerspoir, you can download the .dds file here... Just copy it into your Mount&Blade/Textures folder. Make a back-up though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6w1nfrms2nr

I hope it works. I have never uploaded a file to the 'net before.

Tell me if there are any problems with the banners in-game, and I will fix the file and re-upload (or you can use the .dds converter and fix it yourself. :smile:)

The red cross banner is just perfect, the coat of arms banner is tilted by 90º to the left.

Tangent: thanks for going through all this trouble, man :wink:

Feerspoir said:
The red cross banner is just perfect, the coat of arms banner is tilted by 90º to the left.

Tangent: thanks for going through all this trouble, man :wink:

No problem. It's better than doing homework.  :razz:

Here's the fixed banner file: http://www.mediafire.com/?7iu20hxynxd

And here's the heraldic eagle from that Edmund Leighton painting.

In hindsight I should have made the background red...

Tangent: everything is perfect now. Again, thanks a million, man :wink:. You deserve a big, slobbery kiss on the cheek :razz:.

Back
Top Bottom