Competition or luckbox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaharist

Sergeant Knight at Arms
First of all:
1. Sry for my Engilsh, I'll try to be understandable
2. I am not willing to make someone suffer, all I want is fair competition. I do respect my fellows from Ru-community as well as every other clan participating and FIGHTING here in League.

After looking through current League Table I noticed one thing:
1,2,4 teams got default wins in 1 or 2nd week.

What does it give them now?

They have better chances to chose opponent, not to be chosen by someone this week. Did they fight for this better chance?
Does it matter when do you chose? You decide.

I went further and found out some facts:

1. Teutonic Knight had no opposition for first week. It was their 16-0 WIN.

2. 01.05 19:17 (deadline was 5.05) was clear that Burchard Gaming won't play versus Heroes, it was their 16-0 WIN.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,270993.msg6485976.html#msg6485976

3. Week 2 Fixture: Paladins and Defenders  vs  Order of Malta (PaD choose OoM concerning to their picking priority. They chose the clan they could win (I guess they thought about chosing clan they can win)).

4. 09.05 21:45 (deadline 12.05) was a rumour about OoM leaving league.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271783.msg6503950.html#msg6503950

5. Instead of default win PaD get much stronger opponent (no offence to OoM) signed for week 3 and lose their battle 2-14 or smth like that.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268301.msg6497574.html#msg6497574

6. WH were one of 2 clans (with Legio) signed for Week 3

So, my questions are:

1. Why did Teutonic Knights and Heroes didn't play against each other, when it became clear that they had no opponents?
2. Why do they get advantage over other teams in picking priority for nothing? Isn't it enough that they already have 3 points for nothing? Too many bonuses for luckbox wins, isn't it?
3. Why did PaD get new opponent instead default win?
4. Why did they play vs WH, why not Legio? Did PaD chose them instead of Legio, were they allowed to choose?

As for me it would be fair if TK and Heroes replay Week 1 fixture, and PaD (if they were not allowed to chose opponent) replay their week2 match if they want to play with Legio.
I don't want to spoil anyone's game, but I want competition to be competitive and equally fair to every clan.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Zaharist said:
1. Why did Teutonic Knights and Heroes didn't play against each other, when it became clear that they had no opponents?
2. Why do they get advantage over other teams in picking priority for nothing? Isn't it enough that they already have 3 points for nothing? Too many bonuses for luckbox wins, isn't it?

I fully understand your frustration at the dropouts. We've actually had less than I expected at the start. Whilst it is unfair that teams get default wins, it will definitely become less of a problem as the ladder progresses and only the more stable teams remain. You do raise an interesting point regarding picking priority but in the end doing anything else would end up punishing teams whose opponents don't turn up. The problem with some of the other default wins is that it wasn't made clear to me that the fixtures weren't going to be played until it was too late. We're going to introduce a rule that teams must show attempts to contact their opponents and inform an admin before Friday. That should give us more time to make new fixtures hopefully.

Zaharist said:
3. Why did PaD get new opponent instead default win?
4. Why did they play vs WH, why not Legio? Did PaD chose them instead of Legio, were they allowed to choose?

I chose Warhammer because they put in their application first and it thus seemed like the best way of deciding. I did talk with PaD and offered them a default win. They decided on reflection that they joined the league to play matches and would like to fight. I allowed them to do so as it seemed like the best course of action. Unlike the above teams it was made clear early in the week that Order of Malta were not participating so I was able to make a new fixture.

Why was PaD given an opponent if OoM dropped? Shouldn't work that way imo

Although everything else seems fine. Teams have to be given 16-0 if they have no opponent. It's not fair any other way and the league will resolve it in time.

Killfacer said:
I chose Warhammer because they put in their application first and it thus seemed like the best way of deciding. I did talk with PaD and offered them a default win. They decided on reflection that they joined the league to play matches and would like to fight. I allowed them to do so as it seemed like the best course of action. Unlike the above teams it was made clear early in the week that Order of Malta were not participating so I was able to make a new fixture.
This policy should be changed. It's not fair on teams that had to go through the picking process (which is impartial and fair) if a team can swoop in when another drops and get a 14-2 win.

Captain Lust said:
This policy should be changed. It's not fair on teams that had to go through the picking process (which is impartial and fair) if a team can swoop in when another drops and get a 14-2 win.

I felt like it was preferable that they played a match but i'm happy to reconsider it for future matches.

I remember russian premier league season (football someone believe that it is football) when champion was ahead of 2nd team by 3 points. This 3 points were their default win vs 2nd team in the very beginning of season. Match ended 2:2 but day after match those guys found out that their opponents played about 7 minutes with less russian players on the field, then it was allowed.

There is always a great deal what is right and what is wrong.
My respect to you and everyone involved in administrating process.

Also huge respect to PaD for not accepting default win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom