Pirates of Calradia main thread now locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirathei

Sergeant Knight
This mod is based and Calradia, but vastly expands the scope of native gameplay, particularly by way of ship travel and combat and by way of castle bombardment. More complete feature list below.

Downloads:
The mod.
The source files. Do not click me unless you are a modder.

Features:
    *  Ship combat.
    * Capturable ships.
    * Buy ships at port cities
    * Many ship parties.
    * Catapults and bombardment.
    * Burn cities to the ground real-time.
    * Faction relations game play largely reworked.
    * Larger ai armies, both on land and sea.
    * More freedom of action for the player.
    * Dozens of new weapons.
    * Some new helms and shields.
    * New armors
    * Realistic Combat model.
    * Realistic sized weapons.
    * I've almost certainly forgotten something.

Developing team:
-Mirathei: mod leader, scripter.
-Ibanez: props and such.

Credits:
-Ibanez: armor retextures.
-nox: Bandit King Source.
-DarkAnd: modeling
-Luigi: cool models.
-D'Sparil: eagle and the radiant cross.
-The Pope: awesome armors.
-Ron Losey: RCM
-The Yogi: realistic sized arms for native.
-Llew2: models

Note: I have a feeling I forgot to credit somebody. If that somebody is you, please contact me so that I can either credit you or remove your work from the mod, whichever you please.

Anyone else is welcome to join in.

Any suggestions, comments, or helping hands are welcome.  :smile:

Some preliminary screenies:

think this was done some time ago...
but not whit medieval pirates, i think.
looking forward to see them pics.

Black-knight-blues said:
think this was done some time ago...
but not whit medieval pirates, i think.
looking forward to see them pics.

Thinking of good ol' Pirates! mod? It was Carribean based, whereas this will be more norse-styled. Rather different style of fighting.

Vilhjalmr said:
Yeah, there's like, less cannons. :razz:

Precisely :lol:

Progress report: I have successfully ported over my ship battle code, and even added some new functions to stop the idiots jumping overboard. Has yet to be tested, but for the amount of coding involved, everything is going quite easily.

Black-knight-blues said:
I Think this was done some time ago...
But not with medieval pirates,I think.
Looking forward to see those pictures.

Oh yeah, the mod sounds good.
I haven't played pirates in ages.

the mod sounds awesome, cant wait to try the sea battles! But between, just out of curiosity, will the Mount & blade battle size changer work in it?

Page Anders said:
the mod sounds awesome, cant wait to try the sea battles! But between, just out of curiosity, will the Mount & blade battle size changer work in it?

Of course.

Now have successfully entered a ship battle, but some of the former methods of moving the ships seem malfunctional. I'll have to look at the code for that siege tower.

Nice, just a couple of more questions if you wouldnt mind.  Are you adding any new armours/weapons into the mod? and what about Ron Losey's Realistic Combat Model?

Page Anders said:
Nice, just a couple of more questions if you wouldnt mind.  Are you adding any new armours/weapons into the mod? and what about Ron Losey's Realistic Combat Model?
I have a few weapons and helmets I intend to add, but I think that the RCM is a little obsolete with some of the new item stat changes that came with .892.

Progress report: ship battles now fully functional, and there are now oodles of Pirate and Sea Raider Ships patrolling the Calradian  Sea. I have not added any merchant ships or faction ships yet.

I've got a couple nice screenshots, but imageshack didn't want to take them.

Not yet. Maybe for the next release, but for now my main challenge is to keep the retarded ai from walking over the sides of  their boats. Once I get that down I'll add all sorts of content.

So you've managed to develop a ship combat engine using the new native stuff? Awsome... and now we can have ships AND horses..

Amazing! I can't wait to try it :smile:

So, can you describe the ship combat in full?

Is it like Greek, Ramming Warfare,

or like the Hollywood fantisy of ship boarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom