The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Grandmaster said:
@Slawtering and tilam, both of those scenes look beautiful, cant wait to get them in the mod. Slawtering your scene will fit with the mod really well, I already have an idea of where to put it on the map  :grin: and tilam that is one nice scene, how did you make the train may I ask? Is it just bus props joined together, works really well whatever it is.

Will be uploading a new scene pack pretty soon, it will contain everything I have for the mod, and I mean everything. Every scene prop I have, troops, clothing, drivable vehicles, the lot. Its will allow sceners to create far more scenes as the number of new props I have in it now is rediculous. It will also give you an idea of what the map will look like, so you can decide roughly what your region your scene will go. Do not think of this as an alpha though (well you can but it wont be much fun), the mod is still far, far from finished.

@train: A long stretched bus with the wheels in the ground, yes.
But enough about idyllic landscapes and trains, where to find shelter from the zombies?
0YZUV.jpg
OSJs8.jpg
ba0tc.jpg
Zvdwr.jpg

@new scening pack: This is amazing! Is it possible to continue the work on te actual scene with the new scening pack? And How? But maybe I just finish this scene with the actual pack and use the new one for future scenes.

New Scening Pack

Just install this like any other mod, install shader fix and start with edit mode enabled.  This pack can only be used to create scenes for this mod, you may not use anything in this pack in any other mod without my permission. I suggest you read the following briefly to find out where the specific props are as I have kind of put them into categories by using certain prefixes.

Tips on using the pack and finding props
Every prop has a prefix so that you can find them more easily. Basically use this as a guide for finding what you want - there are props in the pack which are not mentioned here but this is simply to give you a bit of an idea of where stuff is. Remeber you can type in the prefixes when on the scene_prop menu and it will take you automatically to the props - the prefix is the small word at the beginning of each line below, it is highlighted in bold

Scene borders/mountains
border_ - everything under this can be scaled 10 times and then it will appear as a scene border
border_mountains_light - can be scaled by 10 and then moved of the map to appear as if it is a distant mountain
a_ - lots with this prefix can be scaled and used as a rock/cliff or something

Buildings
pr_it - rural/farmhouse buildings
prop_house - rural/small village buildings
prop_jaako - small village/city buildings
prop_building - city buildings, a few of these are quite low poly though.
tld_orc & tld_lk - alternative buildings - tld_orc is especially useful for creating raider like post apocalyptic settlements

roads & pavements
prop_pavement & prop_road - contains the various road and pavement meshes
prop_traffic_light - contains traffic lights
zombie_scn_prop_light - contains street lamps
ruins_ - can be used to create bridges ect

litter & extras
prop_litter, prop_trash, prop_barrel & prop fence - contain good things for cluttering up scenes
vehicles - contains the various vehicles i currently have for the mod

Props I personally recommend and use a lot

prop_barrel & prop_barrier - highly useful for decorating scenes, prop_barriers can also be used to create boarded up windows.
prop_bodybag - body bags
pr1_ - various walls and walkways - useful for creating towns walls and fortified settlements
vehicle_ and vehicles_ very useful for lots of situations, everything from cars to cargo ships
ruins_ - various ruins and rubble
a_ - everything with this prefix is either a rock/cave/cliff.

Plants
Instead of selecting scene_props select plants, lots of new trees and grass are under the prefixe ntree_ (stands for new tree)

Installation & Downloads
- Download this, https://mega.co.nz/#!0V9D0A6Q!DaRX5wqGy0RCQiwc-u_eKzH55VQitlb-djxon4030qY, and install like any other mod

- Shader fix
- download this, https://mega.co.nz/#!lIEAwA7Z!SGxHTGUzsPHiP877UTcdkmOZtC98da-t2ASovWRNaY8,
- extract it to the resource folder (located in \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\The Reckoning - Scening Pack \Resource),
- then go into the module.ini (its in the main mod directory) open it with notepad. Then add the line "load_mod_resource = core_shaders2" - add this directly above the line "load_mod_resource = new_flora_meshes" and hopefully it should work

Happy scening, also it'd help if you pm me if you plan on creating a scene and I can offer advice or help if it is needed.

I have been waiting for a mod like this for such a long time. Also, sorry if I missed it but are weapons fully auto? Lovely job so far btw.

@tilam, the new pack (above) can not really be used to continue your old scene, sorry. If Id included the module system then you could of transfered it across and continued working but I didnt want to just upload all my code. You will have to finish your scene using the initial pack (it looks beautiful though and I can wait to get it in the mod)  :grin:

La Grandmaster said:
@tilam, the new pack (above) can not really be used to continue your old scene, sorry. If Id included the module system then you could of transfered it across and continued working but I didnt want to just upload all my code. You will have to finish your scene using the initial pack (it looks beautiful though and I can wait to get it in the mod)  :grin:

If you know the name of the scene ingame you can copy the .sco file and the text from scenes.txt and copy them over the new module.

Been playing with some of the new models in the scening pack. Working on a POI at the moment to get an idea of the new stuff in the pack.
Thought id share a few screens.

Still a work in progress, gotta detail, ai mesh and entry point it but you get the idea. Was thinking of making the outside of the church look like a failed last stand but we'll see.

As ive said before really nice  :grin:  Always love your scenes, when your adding details I find that the litter props are really useful, prop_litter_paper especially, choose the forth one and have it set so that it is on random rotation.

Got a couple of new car models, and a motor bike which I am working on at the moment, so I should be able to post pics soon

Dawiduh said:
Will you be able to "ride off" into the sunset on a Harley? 

You will :wink:, got sidetracked though by a couple of new features I came up with yesterday,

Tape Player
- it is now possible to buy an old fashioned tape/cassette player in the mod. Once you own one of these you can buy tapes from merchants which can be played from the tape player, accessed via the camp menu. The coding is all in place so I just need to do the more "creative/art" side of things now (the presentation, item icons ect). I have quite a few songs at the moment (all are under a free attrition license so I can use them as I wish). I plan to keep them all under a certain kind of theme though, folk/country/minimalist guitar stuff - the ones I have at the moment fit with the mod without coming across as being really cheesy as well, which is important as I want to keep it atmospheric.

The main menu
- I have a new main menu (where you select new game, load game, multiplayer ect) it has eery fog drifting by amongst some trees (the fog actually moves), it was inspired by the crusader one but obviously its quite different. I will post a vid at some point.

Uuuhh, looking nice

May I suggest a song? Maybe you got it already
http://youtu.be/XaI5IRuS2aE
It is public domain, the copyright having expired.

@HoJu, ill definately include that, it fits well  :grin:  I should point out though that the only time songs such as this will play, will be when the player plays it via the tape player, ussually only atmospheric/ambient noises and music play.

Awesome news, grandmaster! :shock:  A little bit of music is always nice  :grin: And cool song, HoJu!

Also some new screenshots from me:

Abandoned hut

lv0Gz.jpg
L0Azf.jpg
zaqgw.jpg
BS4Mz.jpg

1QULK.jpg
EWAYs.jpg
hX0VF.jpg
qYnOX.jpg
JNieP.jpg
ARwUG.jpg
n183X.jpg

Very nice tilam, I love the bit with the dead dog  :twisted:  Love how you have painted the terrain, Im not able to paint the terrain on my laptop due to the screen resolution being weird (the terrain paint button is offscreen and there is no fix for it).

Been working on coding a lot recently, the entire intro section is almost done now. It is all done in a fancy presentation (which I have written entirely from scratch) instead of natives boring multiple choice menu one.

Rooferbton said:
releese dah alfaaawwwww

everything i have is in that scening pack I just posted one page back, and I mean everything. That is as far as I have got with the mod at the moment... enjoy it because it barely playable, hopefully youll think twice about asking for alphas again

Never know if it's some silly kid or a troll...

Anyway, awesome scene I have to admit. It has a very Stalker feel to it :grin: Seriously, I was instinctively looking for anomalies there.

Now I have a few comments on the house:

1. the roof - it looks like it's just planks. not good, it should be tiles(ceramic, metallic or wooden) or at least some metallic roof sheets. Also the roof's edge is "inside" the walls so the water would just puddle there and infiltrate the house. You could have such a detail for more expensive houses but as a "hut" the roof edge would be around 30-60cm exterior of the wall.

2. the "base" - has the same texture as the roof. Though this wooden texture might work here I think the scale is wrong. Those planks are like 50cm wide, which is goddamn huge.

3. the trophy above the door - I guess a passionate hunter wouldn't want his trophies to be destroyed by the elements. If the roof edge will cover the walls then it makes sense, otherwise nope.

I hope you won't take this as an offense but I just can't help pointing out a few details  :mrgreen: Again: the scene is awesome, I really can't wait to play this. Keep up the good work  :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom