Please help me

Users who are viewing this thread

johnblack32

Recruit
Hi
I dont know if i post this in here but i want to allign myself with Great Britain but i cannot as i accidentally became king of my own faction when i took over a fort. How may i leave my faction and join Great Britain? Or is there a better way?
Thankyou btw this is my first post

Welcome to the forums :smile: ,to align yourself with Britannia u have to do the same as u do in native, basically talk to the leaders of the fraction,in the case GB, and do the quests they give u,, eventually u should be able to join them completely.

Greetings

Well, I have a question, so I just picked this existing thread, at random, to ask it in.

Could someone please explain how the Faction, Kingdom, etc. banners (and flags for towns on the World Map) are assigned?
Gabrilduro has stated that he creates all his mods by editing the text files alone (plus doing textures, of course), rather than using the python/module system method.  Therefore, there should be some simple, straightforward way to "fix" something like George Washington having a British Flag banner on his character screen, or Philadelphia having a French Regimental flag (e.g., lower left corner of "banners_a.dds")flying over it on the World Map.

Us end-users can do these fixes ourselves -- no need to ask Gabrilduro to do it, and he's busy with other things anyway.
We just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DARoot

Ciao!
Hey, well, dont speak about me using the 3rd person...it makes me look like a dead person! Hah! :smile: ...just talk to me directly, ok?
About your question, I m not sure what your question was (pls use simple english since mine is not that great...hehehe)
Gab

Ciao, Gabrilduro!
Wow, The Man Himself responds!  Thank You!
I figured you were busy with your "1860" mod.  That's why I posed my question to the Community at large, thinking there would be others who might know how to solve my issue.
[Anyway, we can always switch from 3rd-person to 1st-person by pressing "R" - but, you knew that ...]

Just kidding! 
Seriously, though, I'll try to re-phrase my question, and hope that makes it clearer:

I'm using "1776 AR v1.5" and am trying to manipulate the textures for the various flags and banners.  Its a Personal Preferences thing ...
In my game, all the British-controlled towns on the World Map display the first texture in "banners_kingdoms.dds" (top left, similar to the Red Ensign on British naval vessels), but all the British Lords and Vassals display the British banner (2nd texture, top row in "banners_kingdoms.dds) on their Character screens.
Many of the Native American-controlled towns display the Spanish flag on the World map, but their Lords/Vassals have either the "big dipper" (4th texture, top row in "banners_kingdoms.dds) or the "gold fleur-de-lis on blue" (6th texture, 2nd on bottom row, in "banners_kingdoms.dds) on their Character screens.
The Continental USA-controlled towns display a French regimental flag (from bottom left corner of "banners_a.dds") on the World Map, but their vassals (e.g., George Washington) display the "Red Ensign" (from "banners_kingdoms.dds) on their Character screens, and probably for their Parties on the World Map.

Swapping the textures around in the .dds files will fix the "Town Flags" on the World Map, but messes up the banner displays in the background on the Vassal Character screens.
Also, many times the "faction banner" is displayed inside the towns themselves (such as, inside the Lord's Halls, etc.).

- I could fix the Continental USA town flags on the World Map, without changing their Vassal banners, by pasting a copy of the stars and stripes from "flag_sweden.dds" into the appropriate area of "banners_a.dds."
- I have been unable to make any other satisfactory changes through "swapping" other banner/flag combinations within the "banners_kingdoms.dds" files.

It is my understanding that, unless a Lord/Vassal has a Personal banner, troops (and towns controlled by them) get "Faction" banners, and that "Faction" (kingdom) banners are controlled by their ID as "Kingdom_1" (which would be Continental USA) and get the 1st ("Red Ensign") texture in "banners_kingdoms;" "Kingdom_2" (Great Britain) for the 2nd (British) texture in "banners_kingdoms," etc.
There are 12 "Kingdoms" in the 1776 Mod, not counting the Multiplayer-only, Bandits, etc. factions, and 8 textures in "banners_kingdoms.dds" and another 8 textures in "banners_kingdoms2.dds", some of which are unused.
The Dutch are "Kingdom_12," but get their banner from the 8th field (last on the bottom row) of "banners_kingdoms.txt" and NOT from the 12th field (which would be "banners_kingdoms2.dds," last of the top row).

In short, I am now hopelessly confused.  I cannot see the "pattern."

Since all the vassals seem to display the "correct" Faction banner/allegiance, my problem seems to be confined to the Town Flags on the World Map (and the instances of their "Faction Banner" being displayed within the town scenes).
I SUSPECT (read, hope ..) that there is some simple edit of some text file somewhere that controls what texture the Game Engine is supposed to "read" to generate the Town Flags on the World Map, but I don't know what or where that is.
I could not find any editable field with either Morgh's Editor or TweakMB that seemed to identify and "call out" any particular texture or portion of a texture file.
[And I hope it's not a mesh "internal" texture call].

You, Gabrilduro, have stated you do all your modding by manipulating text files [and have done a marvelous job! Well Done! I especially like your "Lilly" in your "1755" mod -- a wolf companion! Very clever of you!]
Hopefully, you can understand what I'm asking, and point me in the right direction to edit this myself?  Or, is this something more complicated than I might like to try taking on? Hope not.

Allora! Basta. Finito, for now.
Arrividerci!
[Sorry. I learned Italian in Sicily, and can't speak it without using my hands.]
:grin:
DARoot

Quote Gabrilduro
I am almost done wit an update that my supporters will get within next week
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/
...and soon after I was going to deliver for them the best updated version of 1755 and 1776, playable with 1.167/1.168.

But I will need time and motivation

Gab

That sounds like an answer.
Thank you.

Quote Ambrush
One more question though, when you say you'll be releasing it to your supporters does that means it will be happening at a private scale? Or is it just a way of saying for people who actually love your mods like many of us here from the beggining?

Oops! Another question, echoed ...

Cheers

DARoot

Asked and answered.
Thank you.
:smile:
Quote: Gabrilduro
Once again, I dedicate all this to my Best Supporters and Old Friends...the real motivator of my huge fatigue in Modding, with their Honest and Kind Comments, Reviews and RATING for my Mod!
Thx a lot
Gab
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/
Please keep in mind, that some of the fans of your mods may not have come across them before February 2016, or even heard of "Mount & Blade:Warband" before then.
Even though some of us may not qualify as "long-term supporters," that doesn't necessarily mean we are any less loyal, or supportive of your hard work.
:wink:
Cheers

DARoot
At the moment I count 22 Supporters interested in the new Update Patch.
I honestly expected more than that...

Patience ...
Quote: Wittek
Hi! For one fan, who writes, you should count five additional who wait in silence. :wink:
You should take also into account the degree of interest! I'm updating this page every 15 minutes since announcement.

'Nuff said ...

Greetings, Gabrilduro
Hemiola ...are you trying to say something about 1860s in the page of 1776?!

Not really.

I'm just trying to "tie together" MY question (from February ...) about your "1776" mod, with Ambrush's question (on your "1755 OA" thread), with some inferences gleaned from what YOU have posted, on your "1860's" thread here, and on ModDB.
Trying to follow your instructions, to "not post new topics - use existing ones."  Since I started here, figured I should continue (or end) here.
And, I suppose, some feeble effort to possibly "clue in" your "1755" and "1776" fans (who may, or may not, be following your "1860s" thread) that you have completed that update, and that they might expect something new in what they are interested in in the near (or far) future.
The stuff I quoted was intended to emphasize your Forum statements about your (apparent) intent to, eventually, update "1755" and "1776."  And to underscore Ambrush's concern about WHO might get such updates (which is, unfortunately, somewhat still in doubt).
Please excuse me, if I have erred.
:oops:
DARoot

It all can be shortened in ...Supporting.
Originally I had a huge support and even a thread dedicated in which players would count themselves in, as Official Supporters
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.350.html
I still apreciate a lot when one decides to post there, but is a fact that it is dead since one year, now.
The only and most important thing that I kindly asked, at least, was to RATE my mod on Moddb, expecially after some like Extradaemon put it down so low, rating it with a bunch of friends a 1/10.
Many Real Supporters got that Call to Arms, to move and RATE 1860s up, that I sent time ago and that I m tired to repeat, over and over and over...

Did you get it?
No.
Why?
Because you don t listen, you don t care, you just want your questions answered and my mods updated.

I might have got to a point in which I am not available anymore for such a "Demanding on One Way Only" situation.
Hope that clearified

Gab

Hemiola said:
Greetings, Gabrilduro
Hemiola ...are you trying to say something about 1860s in the page of 1776?!

Not really.

I'm just trying to "tie together" MY question (from February ...) about your "1776" mod, with Ambrush's question (on your "1755 OA" thread), with some inferences gleaned from what YOU have posted, on your "1860's" thread here, and on ModDB.
Trying to follow your instructions, to "not post new topics - use existing ones."  Since I started here, figured I should continue (or end) here.
And, I suppose, some feeble effort to possibly "clue in" your "1755" and "1776" fans (who may, or may not, be following your "1860s" thread) that you have completed that update, and that they might expect something new in what they are interested in in the near (or far) future.
The stuff I quoted was intended to emphasize your Forum statements about your (apparent) intent to, eventually, update "1755" and "1776."  And to underscore Ambrush's concern about WHO might get such updates (which is, unfortunately, somewhat still in doubt).
Please excuse me, if I have erred.
:oops:
DARoot

Anyway...the new Update of 1860s Old America 1.5 is up and downloadable. I just finished it now.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/downloads/1860s-old-america-15

You all can go there and get it...and it would be nice to read and post a comment

I Always keep my word...
I' d like to see Others do that as well...

Gabrilduro

Well ...
Two things --

1.  I would rather that people following this thread, not perhaps come away with the wrong impression.
FYI, Gabrilduro and I have settled, privately, any "differences of opinion" we may have thought we had, previously.
["Pistols at Dawn??"  No, no, nothing like that ...]
We are getting along fine now, (whether he tells you so himself, or not).

Furthermore, and best of all, he has stated that he will, eventually, get around to updating his earlier "1776" and "1755" mods.
He just needs a nice, long rest, from his most recent modding efforts.
And, he deserves it.
So, it is up to us, here, to continue to exercise patience.  Be reassured.
Gabrilduro keeps his promises.

2.  For those of you out there that are NOT patient (and, in a feeble attempt to bring this thread back to a discussion of "1776 AR"),
Here's a quick and simple edit, that might (MIGHT, mind you) enhance your enjoyment of "1776 AR v1.5" while you are waiting.
Only requires your favorite graphics/paint program (that can open and edit .dds files).

Just copy the American flag texture from the existing "flag_sweden.dds" file (don't ask me -- that's what it's called), and paste it into Slot 15 of "banners_a.dds" [that's the first slot in the bottom row, err .. depending on whether the first "slot" is considered #1, or #0 -- gotta think about that sh#t, when dealing with computers ...].
Here's what mine looks like -
3V7GA.jpg
Presto!  All your Continental U.S.A-controlled towns now have a reasonable U.S.A. flag.
bDnjT.jpg
Instant gratification.  And, you won't screw up any existing gameplay or module structure stuff.
[You could also consider the "Don't Tread on Me" flag -- I did -- Since there is still some controversy over adoption of the Betsy Ross design until 1777].

Yes, yes -- we all know about what it says in the ReadMe about ".. Please don't mod this, you'll break it ..."
But, it also goes on to say, ".. Test the original version and get use to it for some days, then  eventually do some changes.."
So, "little things" are not 100% prohibited.
And, this is as small as they come.
[DO make "backups," though, of anything you try to change ...]

Still some larger issues with flags and banners in "1776 AR v1.5", though -- but those may have to await being dealt with by the "professionals."
:grin:
Cheers

DARoot
[NOTE:  The above screenshots are included for illustration purposes only.  This is NOT a "mod of the mod" for Public Distribution, without permission.  We've all read THAT portion of the ReadMe also.]

Back
Top Bottom