[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Gorvex said:
I don't know about you, but in my opinion the Vanskerries are crying to get a unique spawn. The leader should be named either Jarl Haggar Three Fingers or Queen Agnus. With lots of Vanskerry Jarls and Queen Agnus Freebooters :iamamoron:
That would kick some serious butt. HOWEVER, given the Fierdsvain's geographical, political and tactical disadvantages, they would need a buff.

Was wondering if the dev team would ever consider a more chinese/korea/japanese styled faction with their armors/weapons if you do end up making another prophesy of pendor for bannerlord?

RadicalGuy12 said:
Was wondering if the dev team would ever consider a more chinese/korea/japanese styled faction with their armors/weapons if you do end up making another prophesy of pendor for bannerlord?

This is a suggestion thread for Prophesy of Pendor v3.9.4 for MnB: Warband. There are no factional ideas yet established for any PoP mod for Bannerlord.

The formations code is from motomataru's formations for Mount&Blade. It uses square loop for agents script. Wich was removed in the latest formations for Warband for better performance. I suggest to update formations to the latest version.

Currently I have a cue for a bug with F1 holding. If you will keep holding some of the keys (F1, J, K, L) it will turn off a trigger (1, 0, 0,) in mission_templates for adjusting formations every 5 seconds. For example, press and hold <K> for shield wall. Place F1 in right direction. Keep holding <k> untill they reach the destination. Then release <K> and command advance 10 paсes. They will hold that position.  :grin:

Would it be feasible/a good idea to let unique spawns become temporary companions? (an ingame month or two)

It would be a dialogue option once they are your prisoner, to let them join your party in exchange for their freedom after a set amount of time.

You would also probably need to disable access to their inventory, disallow them from holding fiefs, make the player unable to send them for right to rule, etc. I just think it would be cool to see someone like Wolfbode tearing up a garrison for me, and it would be a pretty fun alternative to getting a qualis gem or getting 100k denars.

UFDDarke said:
Would it be feasible/a good idea to let unique spawns become temporary companions? (an ingame month or two)

It would be a dialogue option once they are your prisoner, to let them join your party in exchange for their freedom after a set amount of time.

You would also probably need to disable access to their inventory, disallow them from holding fiefs, make the player unable to send them for right to rule, etc. I just think it would be cool to see someone like Wolfbode tearing up a garrison for me, and it would be a pretty fun alternative to getting a qualis gem or getting 100k denars.

There are plenty of companions to have with you so making unique spawns them would be a bad idea. Not to mention pointless while having to lay out everything it could affect via game world / dialogue, etc.

It would be good to spawn in the body of another unit of your army when your character falls in battle or alternatively consume a character or a few to replenish health.
I mean isn't it not really fun to fall early in battle (which happens quite often when fighting vs alot of strong archers for example etc).

Ullr Vetr Manifest. If i understand it correctly, it's a god in form of a bow. God is OP, it is strange that he manifests in normal bow. Maybe give him flaming shots and AoE damage, that it's feels like god's manifest and not just normal bow from warband with warbands normal accuracy?

Morsod said:
It would be good to spawn in the body of another unit of your army when your character falls in battle or alternatively consume a character or a few to replenish health.
I mean isn't it not really fun to fall early in battle (which happens quite often when fighting vs alot of strong archers for example etc).

Git gud.

And no, this has been suggested approximately 976447 times before, and always rejected.

Messire said:
Ullr Vetr Manifest. If i understand it correctly, it's a god in form of a bow. God is OP, it is strange that he manifests in normal bow. Maybe give him flaming shots and AoE damage, that it's feels like god's manifest and not just normal bow from warband with warbands normal accuracy?

There is nothing to be gained by having an OP bow gifted to the player (who may not even be an archer and could give it to a companion).

There's no way to technically determine what lengths or powers the Pendorian Pantheon will gift to humans / elves or whatever creature is set in their sights.

It's safe to say that YOU think that a God manifesting as a bow has to be OP but that just isn't the case in terms of development. It's a great free bow to get while Wolfbode exists but adding an OP weapon to the game is not our intention. It's just a 'hey, try this out' kind of thing.

This bow has: the highest accuracy (99), top missile speed (99), very respectable raw damage (39 with missile speed bonus on the top) and medium requirements (5). This sniper rifle is already quite OP.

It's very weird design feature though. God manifests itself to help you with Wlofbode one time when you have starting army so the only way you can deal with him is to solo him as not fully developed yet horse archer soloing his whole army. That's not for everyone, to put it mildly. You don't really need it if you just join ravensterns in fight with him since it's either a stray lord to be slaughtered anyway or marshall host that doesn't need you at all. You don't have this bow later when you actually can confront Wolfbode yourself but you can use it for your goals before first Wolfbode kill that you will have nothing to do with. Although you can confront his patrols which is very risky too without shield to use this bow.

Personally I never use this bow at all since during that period I only imprison bandits and no one has any use for a ranged weapon.

MitchyMatt said:
It's just a 'hey, try this out' kind of thing.
The mechanics do not match the lore. It says that archers receive bow, but in fact everyone receives bow. And then you tell me that the bow is supposed to be "try horse archery/archery thing". Which also does not match the lore.

Often, player sees this bow once in the game at the fifth level with PD zero, then the Wolf is beaten and the bow is taken, that's all, the end of the feature. So the game itself is pushing this bow to sell for melee beginner builds, but its price is now just ridiculous. If it is supposed to be "try out", it fails, because it's available only those who started with dad as a nomad, picked up a right character creation lines  and started with PD 5. That people doesn't have to try a horse archery out. They are indeed "worthy archers"  who played as horse archer before.

In this connection, I suggest to cut out it's PD requirement and in general, make it a crossbow in mechanics. I mean - no stat scaling.  Then you can even cut out the trigger check, write in the lore that this is not an embodiment of God, but a gift from God (and not to the worthy archers, but to player in general) and leave the bow to the character. For an archer, it will be weak in endgame, and the fighter will use the siege crossbow on sieges as before. With this you will kill two birds with one stone: you really give the opportunity to try the style of horse archer and the lore will have nothing against it. And the game will feel better without checking the trigger for 100+ pages every day.

Or maybe you could cut out his appearance on a character who doesn't have a power draw skill. It would make the mechanic lore-friendly, but then there will be no opportunity to "try out". I do not know what is easier to do, I would be glad for any option - the main thing is that the game corresponds to the lore.

If my tone was harsh, I apologize. I do not remember English very well.

Messire said:
MitchyMatt said:
It's just a 'hey, try this out' kind of thing.
The mechanics do not match the lore. It says that archers receive bow, but in fact everyone receives bow. And then you tell me that the bow is supposed to be "try horse archery/archery thing". Which also does not match the lore.

Often, player sees this bow once in the game at the fifth level with PD zero, then the Wolf is beaten and the bow is taken, that's all, the end of the feature. So the game itself is pushing this bow to sell for melee beginner builds, but its price is now just ridiculous. If it is supposed to be "try out", it fails, because it's available only those who started with dad as a nomad, picked up a right character creation lines  and started with PD 5. That people doesn't have to try a horse archery out. They are indeed "worthy archers"  who played as horse archer before.

In this connection, I suggest to cut out it's PD requirement and in general, make it a crossbow in mechanics. I mean - no stat scaling.  Then you can even cut out the trigger check, write in the lore that this is not an embodiment of God, but a gift from God (and not to the worthy archers, but to player in general) and leave the bow to the character. For an archer, it will be weak in endgame, and the fighter will use the siege crossbow on sieges as before. With this you will kill two birds with one stone: you really give the opportunity to try the style of horse archer and the lore will have nothing against it. And the game will feel better without checking the trigger for 100+ pages every day.

Or maybe you could cut out his appearance on a character who doesn't have a power draw skill. It would make the mechanic lore-friendly, but then there will be no opportunity to "try out". I do not know what is easier to do, I would be glad for any option - the main thing is that the game corresponds to the lore.

If my tone was harsh, I apologize. I do not remember English very well.

What lore are you referring too exactly?

The only person to be gifted the bow is the Player Character. It's literally a game mechanic that gives players a nice power-creep weapon that they can use. Bows are strong in PoP, this is one of them.

The bow's purpose is not to be in the game a long time. It's gifted to the player to be used (or not) against wolfbode. But if he is destroyed by other parties than the manifestation has served it's purpose. The player can use the weapon for anything in that mean time. The game doesn't push anything. Use it or don't. Not everyone is a veteran player and may use it or some use it in the beginning to get a head start, if they so wish.

It's not supposed to have any kind of monetary value for price. Sometimes Wolfbode lasts for a long time sometimes he doesn't. That's the beauty of RNG.

The Power Draw is fine, it requires a companion or player with the proper skills to use the weapon. That much makes sense.

As it stands. It' been like this for quite a long time and it is fine for what it does. Sometimes you can keep it all game sometimes not. It's up to how the world unfolds. But ultimately it's a nice easter egg of sorts that really doesn't change the game all too much. It would be pointless to change so much for something that isn't ultimately a big deal in the grand scheme of PoP game design; especially that it works perfectly.

So thank you for the suggestion but nothing in this aspect will be changed. This thread needs to remain for suggestions and not a drawn out discussion.

It is up to player to decide when he/she receive the gift and how it will be used.
If I don't have the skill to use this bow myself, I pass it to one of my companions.
If none in my party can use it because the game has just started, and I still want it, I stay away from Wolfbode (not too hard as trigger is checked only once a day) and get it when we are ready.
This is essentially an Easter Egg, not the weapon of mass destruction which makes other bows obsolete.

IconracI said:
If none in my party can use it because the game has just started, and I still want it, I stay away from Wolfbode (not too hard as trigger is checked only once a day) and get it when we are ready.

You cannot know that as a proper player. And if you're using your knowledge from previous games then you're limiting yourself over nothing (horse archers capable and willing of soloing Wolfbode don't need that bow) - it's not a good experience to have. If game text says it's to help with Wolfbode then it has to be of some help with him and if you'll consider how it can help then the only answer is to solo his army which is push in ridiculous direction. Yeah, it has been this way for long and game runs with it but it's more likely that god is not entirely sane to make this whole matter sensible. Can it be ignored entirely? - It certainly can, it's exactly how it is now. Bow goes to companion in best case, completely disregarding what game actually says. Or you can use it yourself if you have PD 5. For killing Wolfbode? - Hell, no.

Issue is not with temporary nature of the item, or its stats, but weird "explaining" text that goes with manifestation. When goddess says that she will send help and does absolutely nothing at least you don't get an item to raise further questions in futile attempt to figure out what it was exactly - maybe she will send help after all in future, who knows.

Suggestion: create a new common troop named Belligerent Drunk, an alterego unit of the Belligerent Drunk NPC. Then add them to Alaric von Brouhaha's party [75 -175] :iamamoron:

Originally this was an idea that was going to be part of the v3.9 release, but got discarded in the end because of the already existing Belligerent Drunks being NPCs that caused some problems.

Suggestion/question: any plans to use the fully restored Order Stronghold exterior scene for a (quest-related?) battle? The layout is too epic to be something to just walk around.

Edit: didn't realize that it's the same scene as Seven Cross Keep. I look forward to besieging it!

Last edited:
Suggestion: create a statue of the King Cavalas at Sarleon. In case of scenario when adventurers are talking that MC is similar to this statue, made it's (statue's) face similar to player's face (due to face's options probably).

Sorry, if this idea isn't new, haven't seen all pages of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom