[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

My heart stopped for a minute, if their is no release under development then 4.0 is stopped aswell...
Right?

It seems as so. In one of the stickies they said it is on indefinite hold. The thread is even locked. It sucks, but hey, these mod devs are people too and have live and some probably family's too. So it's no biggie.

P.S. Don't ever let your heart stop over a game.

But, just for the sake of staying on topic. If I made one suggestion. It would be to have a companion modeled after noosers. Sly, witty, sarcastic, enigmatic at times, and full of "tough love".

Companion kill count. At least some mods have it. I haven't found such option in PoP. Is there?

My heart stopped for a minute, if their is no release under development then 4.0 is stopped aswell...
Right?
Don't worry, they're probably just "gathering troops". When there is enough motivation and time passed from current release things start happening.

Recruitment from your Castles and cities should be less of a hassle.  Player cities and Castles should be able to recruit at the same level that the AI can.  I can build a training center and tell my steward to begin recruitment from villages and all I will end up after a few months of not touching them is crappy troops.  I also need to keep reminding the steward to continue recruitment each month which is fairly annoying.

Possible solutions:
Change the recruitment to garrison your stuff like the AI does.

Leaving a companion at the garrison speeds up training

Give the steward conversation options to "accelerate recruitment" and "Hire Trainer"

The "Hire Trainer" option would spawn a Sergeant NPC in you hall that would let you select different training options/intensity

Both options you would have to pay some $$$ for.

This may or may not be possible but one thing i always loved is the kings/queens having kids. Loved it because i know in Europe 1200 some of the rulers have children and wives and its fun because you can marry them, marrying into the royal family is always benefitial but of course you would have to have certain amount of renown or honor for them to even look upon you.

If there's no specific reason for not having a fully customizable knighthood order name, can we get an entirely blank line when naming them?

Image from the tutorial thread
F6Vbl89.jpg

People who want the "Order of the" part can just type it there themselves, neh?

Weston said:
This may or may not be possible but one thing i always loved is the kings/queens having kids. Loved it because i know in Europe 1200 some of the rulers have children and wives and its fun because you can marry them, marrying into the royal family is always benefitial but of course you would have to have certain amount of renown or honor for them to even look upon you.

Go purchase Paradox´s Crusader Kings 2.

Fewd said:
If there's no specific reason for not having a fully customizable knighthood order name, can we get an entirely blank line when naming them?

Image from the tutorial thread
F6Vbl89.jpg

People who want the "Order of the" part can just type it there themselves, neh?
No. The full order name is used in several dialogs which assume they can use it like that.

two words: Prisoner trains!

we have caravans, we have ravaging knights and heretics and noosers who pillage everything they see... but what happens with the badboys when they are captured and sold to prisons???? Yes, of course: prisoner trains going from one town to another just like merchants but selling something that lives!!!

The last days of middle earth had this so i though well why not here aswell?^^

Oh and is there somewhere a guide on how to port weaponry from mount and blade to mount and blade warband???

also tld went open source so maybe grabb some goodies if possible for the elves :wink: or maybe change the epic swords of TLD with some that are not that nicely done :grin:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2881.0.html?PHPSESSID=a2q6297neng7kpps4pbgtde7n2

One word: No. TLD sucks. :smile:
The prisoner trains don't offer much in terms of gameplay, especially when they are NOT NEEDED as parties are perfectly capable of taking prisoners themselves.

i'm a long time lurker,been playing the mod for a while (since pop 3.5),i was so impressed by the new mercenary and knighthood orders features,it make me think that there's nothing  impossible for whoever wrote the codes to make those dreams come true..love those features very much...and i love how hard it is for me to even survive the first 2 hours of my life in pendor.

a few suggestions for the future releases not necessarily the next release,unknown future or POP 4 perhaps?,i can
wait and i'll wait.
so here : (ignore these if it is impossible to implement/game breaking)

General Sugestions:
- player can post bounty against parties that attacked the player party,some sort of revenge..making use of the lore,where various adventurers roam the land as bounty hunters..(only if the player choose a certain character background at the start of the game)

- fear system/personal tribute : Lords will try to avoid the player party if he/she was defeated more than 5 times or more by the player by ratio 3:1,and instead of targeting the players estates,they'll target somebody else's estates..
or player can make some sort agreement/contracts with lords/kingdoms so that they will not raid player estates for certain amount of time during war.

-  the d'shars,the vanskeries,the jatus and the mystmountain scums can raid villages..so they can live up to their reputations.

- Tell the sheriff to gather some men and patrol the village vicinity..just around the village!,and don't go wandering to far....as you wish my liege,would you like (A) the sheriff to get the village militias or (B) the experienced rangers?.. :wink: 

- noldor's representative offering various task's/bounty/services in players capitals after the player finished the "befriending the noldors quest" and reach certain amount of reputation with the noldors.
(like hiring noldors patrol maybe)

- i love the new features where the knighthood orders can spawn armies,so i was thinking,i am running a damn big kingdom,and i was nice to them peasants.
it would be nice to see them repay my good intentions by spawning a large group of nationalists peasants army capable of (at least) ruining a merchants life.

- a place to store troops before becoming a lord (must be in town),some kind of a tavern/inn,without breaking the game there will be no discounts on wages,player will still pay full wages+fees for every soldiers put to rest at that place.
and no i'm not referring to "building a fort" like in other mods,but i think it something like the knighthood orders quest when you leave your army behind..only this time you pay for their keep..

- ability to trade with the Barclay/melitines/Mettenheims/Vecavian and use services,(hiring troops)..(after several requirements fulfilled/character creation maybe?)

- please make them girls..companion girls love each other...not that yuri kind o' thing..not that...it's weird to see them fighting each other over something that is not that important..i can understand the disputes between the dawns and the eventides,or how boadice think all men were simply slaves..
but not the girls..not the girls please...don't take away my harem dream!. :oops:

Weapons :
- blunt weapon is too powerful!!,for Astrea's sake nerve them a bit,i was mauled to death by a peasant with a huge hammer,i was wearing a decent armour and i can't do **** against that one peasant knocking me over and over again with ridiculous damage..them bloody sarleons!...

- add more pointy sticks...love them a lot..and if possible,keep them glaives swinging with more hurt capabilities against Horses not the riders.just the horses..i enjoy it very much to cut down several men and horses in 1 good swing..Rune Ruby Glaive FTW...i cut him down this morning that Brennus scum.1 swing and he's down along with his horse,too bad he managed to escape..next time he'll rot in my dungeon.

Troops :
- Keep them all,they're all good.it would be nice to see more troops variations (outfit) but i really do think it's already at the state that the troops are more than good enough for me.
- can choose which kind of troop to recruit in villages that once belong to other cultures.via talk to elders menu.
- Villages that is still recovering after being raided will offer no recruits.

that's all i can think of,there's almost nothing more to add actually..the mod is already too awesome for me to handle.
these are just my selfish suggestions,not a request,and perhaps can help the devs came up with ideas to improve the mod.
anyway great Job guys..love the mod as it is right now.

Elensil the Numenorean said:

we have caravans, we have ravaging knights and heretics and noosers who pillage everything they see... but what happens with the badboys when they are captured and sold to prisons???? Yes, of course: prisoner trains going from one town to another just like merchants but selling something that lives!!!

Oh and is there somewhere a guide on how to port weaponry from mount and blade to mount and blade warband???

also tld went open source so maybe grabb some goodies if possible for the elves :wink: or maybe change the epic swords of TLD with some that are not that nicely done :grin:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2881.0.html?PHPSESSID=a2q6297neng7kpps4pbgtde7n2

You do realize that MadVader was one of the primary coders for TLD right?

That is like saying "Hey.. go get that cool code that you wrote.." :smile:

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
Elensil the Numenorean said:

You do realize that MadVader was one of the primary coders for TLD right?

That is like saying "Hey.. go get that cool code that you wrote.." :smile:

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

well i am myself a very humble coder (tried myself at moddelling but lets say I was pretty much on my own in that one and lacked some important info)...

what i have some expirience in, is porting/replacing items and the likes.

So maybe MV can answer me a question or two:
1. Do i have to scale the items when porting them from MB to MB:WB? Or are they using the same stock algorithm e.g. people and items have the same size in both games.
2. Are the sheathed and unsheathed form of the items e.g. a blade in the same directory or are they seperated in folders?

These hideouts are ridiculous. 20+ troops I had to fight through only to have Three Leaders spawn and destroy my adventurers (I brought what, 5 or 6 with me into there)

I think they need nerfing, but it might just be me whinging, I was just taken aback by the fact that they cut down so many adventurers with so little effort.

You imported your character at the start? I don't think they get bigger as you level up but that may be true. So either your character was around lvl 40 or you imported a high level character at the start, anyways I've never lost a dude in any of those hideouts. You usually take companions with bows with you so it is quicker.

Back
Top Bottom