[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to equip my custom knigts for foot combat and in debating which pole weapon to use,curently im partial to the poleaxe 50 cut dmg 180 reach and 85 speed,but thinking that the empire halberds longer reach woud be better at 225 but slower,at 82 speed,considering sieges too.
What do u guys think?

Losing 3 speed its not big deal. If dmg is the same u can surly take halberds.

I have CKO in Avendor and i dont like that town. Can i actualy close my cko as it is now, let others capture that city, take another walled fief and put my CKO back as it was before? With all upgrades (ongoing?) and training?

the halberd has 2 less damage and longer reach can be a problem in sieges.
concerning your question,yes u can dismantle and create it somewhere else keeping the upgrades,but so u know,dismantling it will give u nothing in return.

Tweety said:
Harding Grim said:
How do CKOs work when they're non-Fierdsvain, but are female? The source troops were Maiden Nobles from the previous version of PoP, but now I've double checked that they are Level 60, and as such are peer units to the Heroine Adventurer. Are they still the source troop, or has it been changed to Maiden Adventurers?

You train them from Maiden Adventurers if that's what you're asking.I was surprised when I saw that they are lvl 60 with Noldor Noble stats.
I have like 50 of them in my party and they do great job in every battle :smile:

No, the source troop still appears to be noble units from your culture, not maiden units. I'm Empire right now and the source troop is Empire Knight/Empire Armored Pikeman, not female troops for female CKO knights and sergeants. Is this an oversight or is it how it's meant to be?

From a gameplay standpoint, no.
However, Pendor is a world with;
1. A justice god with over-fanatical followers,
2. A snake god that ended the magical elf island and want to take over Pendor,
3. An archer god who gifts heroes with a fancy bow (that might be the god itself?),
4. Totally-not-magical elves with pinpoint accuracy with bows,

Whereas our world is one with;
1. Tons of religions with no divine contact as of now,
2. Humans with creative ways to kill each other,
3. People who think changing their itty bits makes them happier.

You could say that the knights are hiding their gender by wearing all that armour, though. (What of the Valkyries? Bearded women?)

Well, I have a question.

I'm at 100 relations with Noldors, and have no intention to break it. As I was told - to unlock some Noldor gear, except Elacrai stuff, I have to beat Noldor's unique spawn, then ask for it. But - I won't do it. What do I miss? Which gear will never be available for my CKO?
I saw somewhere in the board screenshots of log, which shows unlocked gear, but now I just can't find it. Can you guys direct me to this thread or just to put here "spoiler" with the list?

TIA, guys.

Noldor Spirit Horse and their best heavy armors and shields. Heavy armors are passable as Noble Armor is already very good, NSH is the best horse but you can use Jatu Warbeast for CKO, I don't use their shields for CKO. Raising noldor relations with doom maced CKO is pretty easy though.

Hello there, so, I've created a badass-extra-heavy-tank-destroyer-9000 CKO equipped with Black Greaves, Black Gauntlets (they fit the look more than mett), slightly buffed Maltise Armor (+3 head and body armor), Anaconda Helm (eventide helm is obviously better, but their armor already has a cloak, so it would look weird), slightly buffed Netherworld Charger (+2 speed, +8 or so charge) and Netherworld Shield. I've also given them big morningstars (replacing ebony flamberge; 1/2 hand, 45p, 110 reach, 80 speed, 24 str req).
Now, my question is... Would giving them bows increase their killing potential or decrease it while increasing their survivability?

MadBull543 said:
Hello there, so, I've created a badass-extra-heavy-tank-destroyer-9000 CKO equipped with Black Greaves, Black Gauntlets (they fit the look more than mett), slightly buffed Maltise Armor (+3 head and body armor), Anaconda Helm (eventide helm is obviously better, but their armor already has a cloak, so it would look weird), slightly buffed Netherworld Charger (+2 speed, +8 or so charge) and Netherworld Shield. I've also given them big morningstars (replacing ebony flamberge; 1/2 hand, 45p, 110 reach, 80 speed, 24 str req).
Now, my question is... Would giving them bows increase their killing potential or decrease it while increasing their survivability?

It will do both. It will increase their killing power because ranged combat does lots of damage at pretty high speed. It will also increase their survivability because if mounted troops have a ranged option they will not simply charge into a blump of troops and stay there. They will do more skirmishing after the initial charge attack. It will also increase their survivability because doing damage at range is much safer than doing damage in melee.

Been playing 3.6 with tweaks with no issues. Just started getting into 3.7 and just got my CKO.... but it messed up the name of my knighthood order, the knights were called the sergeants and they were plural when they should have been singular and vice versa.

I saved before I noticed the naming issue, then after I quit out and loaded back up, my CKO is now named generic New Order Knights and New Order Sergeants. I thought there was a way to change the names in 3.6, but I can't seem to find a way to change it in 3.7.

But the major issue I am having, is that there is no equipment showing up to give my CKOs, and I mean absolutely nothing. Nothing in armor, weapons, or horses.

This is a total bummer because I could have spent that Gem on more Noldor troops rather than on an army of armorless, weaponless, horseless troops all running around playing Fight Club. It's 6 days of great progress I will be losing, as it's been awhile since my last backup save. I will also be losing the Gem and will have to track Kodan down again, if I can.

I don't see what tweak I could have made that would have prevented my CKO from being able to get any equipment.
My Companions are also acting weird. They all of a sudden decided to throw away all their equipment after telling them to upgrade on their own. I had to make them stop upgrading and do it manually. They upgraded just fine until a couple days ago. If I tell them to upgrade their armor, weapons and horses they choose nothing at all. Combined with my CKOs, I have an army of weaponless nudists.

Update. So I found Maltise, hoping I could at least use the Asp armor after I set him free.
I thought everything was good at first. The armor showed up, and I thought I set my steward to make the armor, it just said I would lost the investment I made into the default armor CKOs start with.

Turns out my steward never started making the armor. Now when I tell the steward to make the armor he says "No new equipment is needed, I see." So even though the armor shows up, it still doesn't recognize it.

Such a weird bug. I have no other issues other than this and the companions wanting to basically do the same thing and go suicide commando with no armor, no weapons and no horse. None of the default items show up in the inventory of items for my CKO, and the few things I can get to appear, don't register.

I deleted my created order just to have another source generating Immortals. I am just going to spend my points training them 12-15 times or so and use Qualis gems to get more Twilight Knights and Noldor Rangers. Such a bummer too. I really like creating Doomknights and Doomrangers to go along with all the Doomguides I make from capturing Seer Favorites. I could have made them women in this version too and given them the Doomguide armor.

Do you need to send someone with high training? Or is it like training your steward where they simply get bumped up to the companion's skill level?

On that note, does increasing quality only applies to the knights, but no the sergeants?

MadVader said:
Training takes place once a day. It doesn't matter if you send a companion on 4x 1 week sessions or 1x 4 weeks session.
Daily probability to increase an attribute = 3%+Training/3+(Attr_Difference-5)/5
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight attr - 2)

Skill probability = 3%+Training/3+(Skill_Difference-3)/2
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight skill - 1)

WP probability = 3%+Training/3+(Prof_Difference/20-5)/2
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight WP - 30)

I'm glad I saw this, it has some rather interesting implications. Using basic math to make things somewhat less obfuscated, B is base since it's different for sergeants:
B + T/3 + Ad/5 - 1%
B + T/3 + Sd/2 - 1.5%
B + T/3 + Pd/40 - 2.5%

The coefficients tell us a lot here:
-every point in trainer is worth more than 1 increase to the attribute trained, so if you only need 1 INT level to get the next trainer ceiling, it's better to level INT than the primary attribute.
-for sergeant skills already at 9, with no trainer levels you have 1% per day chance, max trainer gives you a 333 percent efficiency increase to 4.33%. To have a good portion of the max chance you need around 7 trainer.
-every point in trainer counts for 13.33 WP
-you can feasibly train the CKO slightly above your trainer's stats over time, and attempting this may be better than sending someone with no trainer but 10 in the skill or higher stats the wiki says it's bounded to the companion so I assume I missed this somewhere

Stats for companions are somewhat randomized, but for a practical view of how this matters, let's look at Siggy and Fred, the candidate STR trainers. I will use the screenshots from the wiki to compare, but you should look at their skills in your own game if you want the deliberations to be relevant.
Most people (including me) immediately think Siggy is the best STR trainer because highest STR, but wait! he only has 1 ATT point on Fred at the same level (the levels requiring exponentially more XP, this is the fair comparison) and one less trainer if he upgrades to his trainer ceiling. Fred is actually better (ok, barely)! He would also have more points for STR skills than Siggy, you could just send him every week training all things STR related if you pick just one of PT and PD, every skill at worst case 60% efficiency (better than 1 companion training each at least) and the attribute with maximum effectiveness.

For people like me who prefer a minimal companion circle this is great info.

EDIT: another unintuitive conclusion: Sir Jocelyn outclasses Lethaldiran in all proficiency training except archery. Although if you get Leth a level and go double trainer he will regain some usefulness there.

Someone earlier mentioned they designed their Knights to be ground crusher troops, I think that's exactly what I plan on doing although I have a question for equipment. I have maltise' armor blueprints, and I like the idea of Doom mace 'n Board knights, but I want them to have a 2hander for cavalry and increased range/stopping power. Would a 2handed sword simply be the best option here, or is there an alternative that would work better? I want them to keep their shields up until they get into close range, then switch to the 2hander if they get an opening, and I've heard seen some people have success with getting their custom knights to use weapons as they want, switching to match proper situations. My fear is if I give them two handers some may just switch to it for no reason and get gunned down with arrows, or otherwise not use the shield effectively.

finedwarvenmods said:
Someone earlier mentioned they designed their Knights to be ground crusher troops, I think that's exactly what I plan on doing although I have a question for equipment. I have maltise' armor blueprints, and I like the idea of Doom mace 'n Board knights, but I want them to have a 2hander for cavalry and increased range/stopping power. Would a 2handed sword simply be the best option here, or is there an alternative that would work better? I want them to keep their shields up until they get into close range, then switch to the 2hander if they get an opening, and I've heard seen some people have success with getting their custom knights to use weapons as they want, switching to match proper situations. My fear is if I give them two handers some may just switch to it for no reason and get gunned down with arrows, or otherwise not use the shield effectively.

In my experience the AI is very good with using the shield when they need it against incoming fire. But there are some incredibly good one-handers with amazing reach in PoP. Why don't you use one of them? I'm thinking of for example the Strange Ebony Sabre or the Runed Bastard Sword.

Back
Top Bottom