1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not entirely sure if it is included in the game but ah well. I've never gotten the option of apointing a constable or anything. Then again I'm not sure if Diplomacy is added to the game. It would be an amazing feature in the game. (It would also give me more space to move all my uniforms in :razz:)

How to defeat indians? seriously these guys are broken.

I mean, it's okay if a cavalry charge blows the front rank, however it's not okay if my soldiers actually hit one of them but they dont die, my main concern is that honestly these guys have too much, their arrows take half you health and sometimes even 1shot my soldiers, their ranged cav are extremely accurate, they all have a ton of hp, decent armor, and I don't know why, but even their lancers standing still do like 30 damage at blank point.

Maybe im doing it all terribly wrong, what I do, is to form 4 ranks of infantry with cavalry behind, and as soon as the indian charge clashes, my cav charges, but it's like indians didnt give a single f**k about that.

SHYDROP said:
How to defeat indians? seriously these guys are broken.

I mean, it's okay if a cavalry charge blows the front rank, however it's not okay if my soldiers actually hit one of them but they dont die, my main concern is that honestly these guys have too much, their arrows take half you health and sometimes even 1shot my soldiers, their ranged cav are extremely accurate, they all have a ton of hp, decent armor, and I don't know why, but even their lancers standing still do like 30 damage at blank point.

Maybe im doing it all terribly wrong, what I do, is to form 4 ranks of infantry with cavalry behind, and as soon as the indian charge clashes, my cav charges, but it's like indians didnt give a single f**k about that.
Dear SHY, 1st of all thx for ur kind reviewon moddb and rating of my mod. Much apreciated!
About ur honest opinion yes, Natives are now more powerful than previous versions but I also limited their aggresiveness in the factions values, kind of: "leave me alone and I will not harm u, attack me and I ll have ur life, scalp and horse!" hehehe...
It was really hard to fight a warparty at Cap&Ball One Shot guns time period...and my new reloadings are really what people had to go through in those battles. Arrows were terrible at close distance and u had no chance before repeating rifles were used intensively. So...
-have Rangers in your troops, they are the best to fight Indians
-do not close ur troops in a small square, that was a good option in reality but is not in WB and in my mod. Make 2 raws and U'  ll have a powerful line of shooting and melee, once they get close.
-outnumber the enemy or move away from him.
-increase your skills to see enemies parties on the strategy map

Let me know if you all players think that honestly I made Plains Indians too powerfull, nevertheless.
Thx again and stay tuned
Gab

I found more or less the solution, editing the friction values for bullets in the module.ini, I mean, I don't mind if natives completly crush me on a cavalry charge, but I think that in reality, most of the times, a good line of 65 men would chip the cavalry charge, so that it doesnt completely faze the ranks, however it was kinda hard to do so at a distance because natives got shields, lots of hp and also the distance played a factor in damage.
with less friction I'm able to chip the first ranks of the cavalry charge.

I would like to recommend you something, I don't know if you have played or seen the Sayazn mod, or L'aigle (You prolly did I mean it's featured in the forums) but in those mods, the battle spawn distance is a lot bigger, there's a lot more distance between your party and the enemy party, I think it could be a great way to make epic fire trade, as it stands now, as soon as you spawn there's a fire exchange between your troops. (and those french legions sure know how to annihilate your troops from the other side of the map)

You deserve that rating on moddb haha, awesome work!

Seems I posted this in the wrong place. My apologies for the misstep.

I've been a fan of 1860s Old America for some time now, I just didn't have an account on TaleWorlds. There's something that's been bothering me lately. Well, two things actually...

1) What weapons do the CSA Best Shooters use? Those are Sharps Rifles, correct?

2) What exactly do the Settlers' Mountain Men do exactly? I'm a bit confused as to their use compared to the Settlers Sharpshooters. For that matter, how are Mountain Men, Settlers' Sharpshooters, and CSA Best Shooters different?
Modify message

"Indians" always is a thorn in my eye whenever i see it. Not much for the whole political correctness stuff but considering the term "indian" is essentially the result of a miscalculation and was never really corrected i always find it odd how people never figured indians= live in india and native americans = native to the americas  :shock:

just something that i would change in item names and so on simply "native armor" or "plains natives" etc.

i know it's a hassle to change it all and i wouldn't expect it but for the sake of immersion its a suggestion  :smile:

Rosenberg91 said:
"Indians" always is a thorn in my eye whenever i see it. Not much for the whole political correctness stuff but considering the term "indian" is essentially the result of a miscalculation and was never really corrected i always find it odd how people never figured indians= live in india and native americans = native to the americas  :shock:

just something that i would change in item names and so on simply "native armor" or "plains natives" etc.

i know it's a hassle to change it all and i wouldn't expect it but for the sake of immersion its a suggestion  :smile:
"...for the sake of immersion..." I called them Indians. Nobody would call them Native at those times. Mostly they would refer to them as "Injuns", Redskins, and stuff, actually
There was a Native pure blood Cherokee that came out one time in a discussion like this one, in a 1755 forum, and yelled at some americans asking them to quit this subject, he didn t care about...he asked instead to give more rights to them, calling them the names that they prefered...just giving them their own, holy Rights. And then he complimented me for the mod that I made.. :wink:

Hi Gabrilduro!  Glad to see you are well and still producing such wonderful games for us!  I have not been gaming for a while due to computer problems so it's great to be actively gaming again.

I have a question for you.  What was the 1860s Old America version that came out just before version 0.99z?  It was just before you added the Texas map and the Indian battle with the river and the teepees to Multi Player mode.  Sometime between 0.99z and 0.81 is all I know for sure. I want to get that version again because there were one or two maps on it that I missed having in later versions.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Edit: I found the version .99g and this is the Multi Player map I REALLY liked that seems to be missing from later versions.  Any chance of adding it back?  Or maybe giving instructions on how to take it from the old version and add it to the new one?

mb1_zpslarkbxrx.jpg

WOW...look who' s here...THOR HEAD! hahaha...long time riding together me and you, huh?! (sounds like an old movie with a retarded Indian speaking, doesn t it? haha)
Very VERY nice to find old true friends still around ...really.
Eerr...that is Mexican Village and it is STILL around MP scenes...but only on some MODES such as Battle ...I think..
I have no more saves than those on Moddb...but is Dangerous to add old scripts to new 1.5 version...

Stay happy and fit and visit as often as you want.
You ll Always be one of my oldest and most welcome Friends
Gab
Thor Head said:
Hi Gabrilduro!  Glad to see you are well and still producing such wonderful games for us!  I have not been gaming for a while due to computer problems so it's great to be actively gaming again.
I have a question for you.  What was the 1860s Old America version that came out just before version 0.99z?  It was just before you added the Texas map and the Indian battle with the river and the teepees to Multi Player mode.  Sometime between 0.99z and 0.81 is all I know for sure. I want to get that version again because there were one or two maps on it that I missed having in later versions.
Thanks and keep up the great work!
Edit: I found the version .99g and this is the Multi Player map I REALLY liked that seems to be missing from later versions.  Any chance of adding it back?  Or maybe giving instructions on how to take it from the old version and add it to the new one?
mb1_zpslarkbxrx.jpg

Hi,

I absolutely love your mod and just now have checked this forum again to see if there was a new version and lo' and behold there is one!

I must say that I'm pretty impressed by the amount of sheer work that you've put into this mod. The towns are very detailed and resemble the Old Wild West and the soundtrack very much reflects the mood of a time were adventure, bandit fighting, standoffs, gold digging and endless horse back riding were the norm.

I regret to report however, that I have encountered a game-crashing bug during the Showdowns in BELIZE CITY. The game would proceed as normal when I do battle with the other participants but minutes into the game. It crashes. I have not encountered this crash before the present version of mod and I would like to ask if there are any persons who have experienced the same problem.

Thank you very much for your work!

Stukov said:
Hi,
I absolutely love your mod and just now have checked this forum again to see if there was a new version and lo' and behold there is one!
I must say that I'm pretty impressed by the amount of sheer work that you've put into this mod. The towns are very detailed and resemble the Old Wild West and the soundtrack very much reflects the mood of a time were adventure, bandit fighting, standoffs, gold digging and endless horse back riding were the norm.
I regret to report however, that I have encountered a game-crashing bug during the Showdowns in BELIZE CITY. The game would proceed as normal when I do battle with the other participants but minutes into the game. It crashes. I have not encountered this crash before the present version of mod and I would like to ask if there are any persons who have experienced the same problem.
Thank you very much for your work!
Thx for grats, first of all!
So sorry that ur fun is ruined by CTD...ghhh
Did u dwld latest 1.5 version?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/downloads/1860s-old-america-15

Howdy, Gabrilduro!  It sure has been a long time, old pard! 

I found the map I was looking for.  You are right!  I was just in the wrong mode.

Keep up the great work!  You're one of the very best and most innovative guys on here.

Remember the "classic toys" thread we had going?  Here's a video my son and I did last Labor Day weekend showing our collection of 1970s Wild West toys by Timpo of Great Britain.  While my computer was broken, we were still playing 1860s Old America, but we were doing it the old fashioned way! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s43AM197zxg

GABRILDURO said:
Thx for grats, first of all!
So sorry that ur fun is ruined by CTD...ghhh
Did u dwld latest 1.5 version?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/downloads/1860s-old-america-15

Yes I did, but weird. I don't experience CTD in other Tournaments in other cities but only in Belize City. So far I have only encountered CTD in Tournament in Belize City. But everything else works fine. :smile:

Thor Head said:
Howdy, Gabrilduro!  It sure has been a long time, old pard! 

I found the map I was looking for.  You are right!  I was just in the wrong mode.

Keep up the great work!  You're one of the very best and most innovative guys on here.

Remember the "classic toys" thread we had going?  Here's a video my son and I did last Labor Day weekend showing our collection of 1970s Wild West toys by Timpo of Great Britain.  While my computer was broken, we were still playing 1860s Old America, but we were doing it the old fashioned way! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s43AM197zxg
Hahaha...W O W !!! I wish I had all that as a child!
Of course I do remember that Thread...and Im gonna add this vid there!
on 1755 forum, remember?
Great vid, wanderful memories!
Glad you are riding again close to me, Cowboy! :wink: (...slapping your shoulder and shaking hands!)

Gab

Hey Gabby i remember reading about a persistant old america mod you were working a year or 2 ago. hows it coming along?  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom