void

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less about the dirt.

Work looks great so far, keep it up. Also, noticing the sights on those firearms, any chance we'll be seeing some ironsights in first person? That'd make this mod.

Well the French Chassepot was considered to be far superior to the Prussian Dreyse Needle Gun in range, accuracy and reliability, so that could make up for their deficiency in artillery.

And sorry to nitpick but the blue uniform coats should be darker, especially for the Prussian Guards and Line.

Cuthulhuiscool2 said:
Good luck, I really hope you finish this :smile:
Would you need any beta or alpha testers?
I'll probably have respected regiments for testing.

Scrat555 said:
How are you going to balance the Prussian and French arty? The Krupp was far and away better.
By matching one of the smaller krupps against one of the larger french it sort of evens it out.

TrinityArse said:

Work looks great so far, keep it up. Also, noticing the sights on those firearms, any chance we'll be seeing some ironsights in first person? That'd make this mod.
Potentially, if i can make the ironsight mode work for when you are crouching, currently it only works when standing and then the camera floats above when you crouch.

dinnerdog2zero said:
Well the French Chassepot was considered to be far superior to the Prussian Dreyse Needle Gun in range, accuracy and reliability, so that could make up for their deficiency in artillery.

And sorry to nitpick but the blue uniform coats should be darker, especially for the Prussian Guards and Line.
Depends on which line regiment you look at, some had lighter coats and some had dark almost greyish coats.  I based the foot guard off this as all my other images of the unit are black and white.
6feLQXJ.jpg

That is painted wrong. The 1867 waffenrock was Dunkelblau (dark blue, that is) for all regiments except the dragoons (who woere blight blue) and the jagers (who wore green). Again, see that link I posted; the guard coat there is the same (except for the rear of the skirt) as worn in the Franco-Prussian war.

I assume the guard will have picklehauben, as well, and won't always be stuck in the cap. Is that a safe assumption?

Now, I don't know nearly as such about these uniforms as I do about Napoleonic uniforms, but I'm pretty sure everything I've said is correct.

Docm30 said:
That is painted wrong. The 1867 waffenrock was Dunkelblau (dark blue, that is) for all regiments except the dragoons (who woere blight blue) and the jagers (who wore green). Again, see that link I posted; the guard coat there is the same (except for the rear of the skirt) as worn in the Franco-Prussian war.

I assume the guard will have picklehauben, as well, and won't always be stuck in the cap. Is that a safe assumption?

Now, I don't know nearly as such about these uniforms as I do about Napoleonic uniforms, but I'm pretty sure everything I've said is correct.

You are right, i think that model might be a dismounted Uhlan who wore that colour and those hats. I will give them pickelhaubes and caps to create some variation.

Willhelm said:
TrinityArse said:

Potentially, if i can make the ironsight mode work for when you are crouching, currently it only works when standing and then the camera floats above when you crouch.
Tbh, as long as it works top-notch at all, I'll be pleased. Will be keeping eyes on this, wish you the very best.

Docm30 said:
Crighton said:
Mod looks Great man! GOOD LUCK!!! Defiantly looking forward to playing this!

As opposed to obediently looking forward to it?
Give him a break, lol.

Finally a mod about this era!

Thanks!!

If you need some pics of Prussian Uniforms :

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=de&sa=X&tbas=0&biw=1920&bih=985&tbm=isch&tbnid=5rtcaO2LtMzilM:&imgrefurl=http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/sturm/sturm403.html&docid=ELesxVvqhBpigM&imgurl=http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/sturm/img4/stm4_013.jpg&w=210&h=335&ei=utE4UcjGO4T4sgak6oDQDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1563&vpy=544&dur=412&hovh=268&hovw=168&tx=126&ty=167&page=1&tbnh=156&tbnw=97&start=0&ndsp=72&ved=1t:429,r:70,s:0,i:292

John Xenir said:
Is there possibility to add mitrailleuse?
Possibly.
parade said:
Finally a mod about this era!

Thanks!!

If you need some pics of Prussian Uniforms :

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=de&sa=X&tbas=0&biw=1920&bih=985&tbm=isch&tbnid=5rtcaO2LtMzilM:&imgrefurl=http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/sturm/sturm403.html&docid=ELesxVvqhBpigM&imgurl=http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/sturm/img4/stm4_013.jpg&w=210&h=335&ei=utE4UcjGO4T4sgak6oDQDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1563&vpy=544&dur=412&hovh=268&hovw=168&tx=126&ty=167&page=1&tbnh=156&tbnw=97&start=0&ndsp=72&ved=1t:429,r:70,s:0,i:292
Thank you thats very helpful, a bit difficult though as i can't read German.
parade said:
Oh by the way, will this mod get a moddb page soon?
Yes
WodzuUK said:
Can we already reserve name of a regiment?
Yes but i have the right to disallow choices at this stage although i probably won't.

Small update on uniforms.

The French Grenadiers of the Imperial Guard.
RJeKrQz.jpg

They discarded their bearskins for side caps about 2 weeks into the war as they were just impractical in the modern war.

The new Prussian foot guards.
FRzorXZ.jpg

The old one was wrong because i used a bad source which was probably confusing a dismounted uhlan with a foot guard. The footguard also spawns with pickelhaubes.

And the Prussian artillery Ranker
k1ypkAf.jpg

A ball on the helmet instead of a spike was used by the artillery.

Buttons on Prussian uniforms are now all centered as Docm pointed out, although i'm not updating all the front page screens just for that change.

dinnerdog2zero said:
Willhelm said:
The new Prussian foot guards.
FRzorXZ.jpg
Great work, they look much better now.

Are you planning to include the Tirailleurs Algeriens?

Can't have a FPW mod without the Turcos.

Yes but not for first release, they will be second in the French foreign units and allies army, which will also include the french foreign legion, Giuseppe Garibaldi and his italian volunteer army, and others. The Prussian equivalent will be units from the other German states such as Bavaria and Saxony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom