Arma 3 Alpha Coming 5th March

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear community,

On this day we can finally share our plans for the rest of the year! You’ve all survived a long period of unclear and absent information, an insane and unpredictable incident in Greece, and most recently some news not all of you were too happy about. But now I'm incredibly excited to announce ...

In less than a week’s time, on Tuesday March 5th, we are releasing our Arma 3 Alpha!

This is one of those things we would not have been able to do without the decision to go with Steam. Now we are finally able to deliver on our promise to release a public Alpha version to you. We think it’s a very cool package with lots of potential. Worry not if the current playable content is a little limited. You all know the Arma platform and what it can do. We will expand the content ourselves and there will be a large amount of extra content for the Q3 2013 release. Why do we concentrate on quality of quantity now? We want to focus your testing and feedback in certain areas - in this case on infantry first.

Perhaps the thing I am most enthusiastic about: we are not restricting modding in this version, in fact we encourage it. Create and share scenarios, weapons, vehicles, systems and anything else you can think of. Together we can make the full game release later in the year mind-blowing for those who join us then. A slight caution: we cannot prevent having to still make large changes in our data during Alpha and Beta. This could mean your mission or add-on needs to be updated because we change a config class name for example. We cannot sacrifice that level of internal flexibility until the full release.

Check out the new website for all the information. I will personally try to provide more updates on the forums from this point onward. Hope to see your feedback and play some MP on public servers soon!

http://www.arma3.com/buy

This could be the greatest game ever made ever.

65456_185357234813876_1363860_n.jpg

Sounds awesome, though my PC will never be enable to handle this game, it could barely handle Arma 2 without getting my PC overheated.

I fear I'll have to skip this one. :sad:

Nahkuri said:
When I can afford to and decide to upgrade, I'll get a computer that can run ArmA 3 on ultra with a smooth FPS. AKA the space computer 10 000Kevlar.

Fixed.

Æthelwulf said:
Ahhh which pack do I choose! I hate choices.

Also for those who hate Steam and didn't catch the original blog post. Why we like Steam and **** the rest of you.

I personally love Steam, it moves trains!

LOL they should have named their blog that. There was huge backlash by people who hate Steam with a vengeance but literally had no worthwhile argument to be against it. Now we get to play the game early because of JUICY Steam

Whoever complains about the minimum requirements is being ridiculous,

OS Windows Vista SP2 ; Windows 7 SP1
PROCESSOR Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz ; AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT ; ATI Radeon HD 3830 ; Intel HD Graphics 4000
GPU MEMORY 512 MB
DirectX® 10
RAM 2 GB
HARD DRIVE 15 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 10 GB free space
AUDIO DirectX® compatible on-board
OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

Integrated graphics and any dual core made within the last 6 years?

Æthelwulf said:
In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if it runs better than ARMA2.

I will no doubt later come back and eat this post along with my hat.

Quoted for hat eating.

Most games min specs are wildly off usually or at least run but are nowhere near playable by most peoples standards.

Nothing that a few tweaks and setting changes can't fix. Really, Arma is probably one of the most wide ranging games as for systems it functions on. It just doesn't run well on anything  :lol:

I can't help but feel that those minimum requirements are complete bull****. My computer matches all the recommended requirements of ArmA II, and the game completely dryholes my computer. I cant' hit **** with the lousy FPS I get.

It's over a year since I played it, but IIRC I had most settings on medium, with a resolution of 1024x768(I had an old 90's CRT monitor) and no AA. Which I imagine should provide me at least with an acceptable FPS if I match the recommended settings.

Back
Top Bottom