Clarification of some community issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Napoleonic Wars players and community members,

There are a number of issues that seem to have arisen in the Napoleonic Wars community lately and with this post, I hope to clarify TaleWorlds' stance on the matters and help to reassure players about what behaviour is and isn't acceptable on the TaleWorlds forums.

Firstly we'd like it to be clear that the behaviour of individuals on the FSE (Flying Squirrel Entertainment) forums should not directly affect their treatment on these forums and warnings should not directly carry over from here to there. Obviously something like DoSing their website would lead to sanctions here but offending certain moderation staff or being warned for something over there shouldn't affect how an individual is moderated on TaleWorlds. Players are always welcome to offer their views and potential criticisms here on the forums provided. We are always willing to listen, engage in sensible discussion and hopefully offer some help. The one prerequisite is that users abide by the forum rules and act with maturity, avoiding inflammatory posting.

Most of you will already be acquainted with our new Napoleonic Wars moderator, MaHuD. He is volunteering his time to help keep the forums clean and usable. You can refer here for specific guidelines on regiment name claiming and use: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225717.0.html

The FSE team have stated they are leaving the TaleWorlds forums now. Although they have stated that before, I believe this time they are sincere. However, we are confident that MaHuD, along with our Global Moderators and Administrators will be able to make a sterling job of moderating the Napoleonic Wars boards.

Enjoy playing Napoleonic Wars and hopefully enjoy using the TaleWorlds forums.

Cheers,

Captain Lust
Community Manager at TaleWorlds Entertainment

The DLC is quite good only one thing bothers me is the
missing zoom since hackers and other cheaters sure have it!

Thundersnow said:
Kaal979 said:
The DLC is quite good only one thing bothers me is the
missing zoom since hackers and other cheaters sure have it!

I don't believe there is aim bot or cheaters.  And I've been around forever.

From my understanding it would be very difficult to code, but plausible. The only hacks I believe are possible are autoblock and autochamber, which are very easy to detect. ESP is also likely to exist, along with "wall hack" type things. (Of course, you can sometimes"wall hack" by glitching your camera through walls by normal means...)

I believe the current "aimbot" claims on Youtube and elsewhere people have simply edited how their reticule looks, then recorded until they get headshots. Perhaps it could be programmed so that one always locks on to the "optimal" shot, but I'm not exactly a programming expert.

Back
Top Bottom